Its Friday - are you Still Getting abuse ?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

dingbat wrote: PR?
Planet Rugby.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Planet Rugby - Dingbat.

Very spiteful forum. :wink:
Monster Munch

Post by Monster Munch »

:?[/quote]

Now that post looks remarkably like a rant thrown by a poster on PR the other day - he made the exact same points..... then he flounced. Coincidence? Hmmmm, he was saying "give us Kielys back and eff off to Longs... you're not real rugby people." :roll:[/quote]

It's just such a comical argument, the guy is probably about 18, van braely see above his jersey collar and vomits after his second pint of Ken, best leave him and his ilk be....
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Danthefan wrote:All I can find there is a pakcage for the pool games costing £361.... I don't think I'll be paying that.
All the cheapies must of gone :( . . .I got a Pool game Pack for GBP 91 (worked out at about EUR 150 for the 4 games)
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Leinsterman wrote:
ckav wrote: This whole "genuine fan, not a bandwagon jumper" bullshit is not confined to Munster...we've even had someone on the main Leinster Site complaining about the new version of Leinster supporter, who cheers loudly and comes to the ground with face paint for big matches!!

:?
Now that post looks remarkably like a rant thrown by a poster on PR the other day - he made the exact same points..... then he flounced. Coincidence? Hmmmm, he was saying "give us Kielys back and eff off to Longs... you're not real rugby people." :roll:
It wasn't me. :cry:
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

There was a time a few years ago when Munster were regarded by many as their ‘2ND Team’. Where the President of Newport RFC wrote an open letter to the press praising their fans. Where many ‘neutrals’ would look on with envy and respect at their displays in the H Cup, and many from Leinster, Ulster and Connacht traveled to Twickenham and Cardiff to support them in their finals. But suddenly that seems to have all changed. You are becoming the Manchester United of European Rugby, where other clubs fans just have no time for your constant whining when you loose. If its not the hand of Back, or the so called ‘try’ in Lillie, the alleged biting incidents on Claw or Puppy and of course your gloating & sneering when you win, for God sake, someone even wrote a bloody play about a win over the mid week ABs.
But the great thing about sport, is that there is always next season, always the return visit and there is always revenge!

Allez les Blues!
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Mauler wrote:There was a time a few years ago when Munster were regarded by many as their ‘2ND Team’. Where the President of Newport RFC wrote an open letter to the press praising their fans. Where many ‘neutrals’ would look on with envy and respect at their displays in the H Cup, and many from Leinster, Ulster and Connacht traveled to Twickenham and Cardiff to support them in their finals. But suddenly that seems to have all changed. You are becoming the Manchester United of European Rugby, where other clubs fans just have no time for your constant whining when you loose. If its not the hand of Back, or the so called ‘try’ in Lillie, the alleged biting incidents on Claw or Puppy and of course your gloating & sneering when you win, for God sake, someone even wrote a bloody play about a win over the mid week ABs.
But the great thing about sport, is that there is always next season, always the return visit and there is always revenge!

Allez les Blues!
Mauler - I'm going to send you my login details and ask that from now on you put all your posts up using my name.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Uncle Mort wrote:
Mauler wrote:There was a time a few years ago when Munster were regarded by many as their ‘2ND Team’. Where the President of Newport RFC wrote an open letter to the press praising their fans. Where many ‘neutrals’ would look on with envy and respect at their displays in the H Cup, and many from Leinster, Ulster and Connacht traveled to Twickenham and Cardiff to support them in their finals. But suddenly that seems to have all changed. You are becoming the Manchester United of European Rugby, where other clubs fans just have no time for your constant whining when you loose. If its not the hand of Back, or the so called ‘try’ in Lillie, the alleged biting incidents on Claw or Puppy and of course your gloating & sneering when you win, for God sake, someone even wrote a bloody play about a win over the mid week ABs.

Allez les Blues!
Mauler - I'm going to send you my login details and ask that from now on you put all your posts up using my name.
Jaysus! Can you do a few more speeches like that in the pub tonight? Stirring stuff, my friend!
:happy clapper: :mullet 1:
Monster Munch

Post by Monster Munch »

Uncle Mort wrote:

Allez les Blues!
Jaysus.....Man Utd of ER??? What a heap of tripe! Noone whinied last year when we got well and deservedly beaten by Biarritz, or when beaten in a tight game in Toulouse in the Semi in the year before. Pretty bitter post my friend methinks and is just a big leap back to square one. As for gloating/sneering when we win, you will always have the little man that thinks it is right to do so, but it happens both ways.

p.s- Alone it stands is pretty funny, you should go and see it!
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Ah Monster Munch,
Mauler isn't having a go at you. It's the more generic brand of Munster poster that he's referring to.
RuggieBear
Bookworm

Post by RuggieBear »

dingbat wrote:I, like many, many Leinster fans, put my money where my mouth was and bought tickets (and flights) for the final. This was done first thing on the Sunday morning after the semi-final.

"Ah, that was just the cockiness - sure we knocked that out of ye on Sunday!", say the Munster fans.

"No. It was desperation", says I. In this, Leinster's greatest season, I was absolutely not going to be left scrambling if we had managed to get to the final. Munster have been there before but we haven't and I was damned if I was going to miss out.

That's it, pure and simple. And I'd say it's the same for many others.
Quoted for truth.

10 mins after the semifainal i got flights and match tickets. There was no way i was missing this final, especially as there would be an irish team in it.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

ckav wrote: It wasn't me. :cry:
You need to pracitce your spitefulness. :P
maevek

It's Friday - Are you still getting abuse

Post by maevek »

Colm,

Grammar Watch .........

You can "revert" but you cannot "revert Back" !
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Re: It's Friday - Are you still getting abuse

Post by epaddy »

maevek wrote:Colm,

Grammar Watch .........

Nice 1st post at 12.30am :?
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Re: It's Friday - Are you still getting abuse

Post by Duff Paddy »

maevek wrote:Colm,

Grammar Watch .........

One can "revert" but one cannot "revert Back"

Grammar watch indeed.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Out for a few pints last night after work. . .nice to see a fair few Leinster jersys being worn (I think I spotted more than a normal Friday night actually). . .good to see people are still proud to wear the colours despite Sunday.

Got talking to some guys who were part of a stag party, they have tickets for Cardiff, which just goes to show there are other supporters who are still going. . .think these lads are going to the game tonight (all 28 of them). . .so at least the'll be 28 people there tonight ! :lol:
leargas
Bookworm

Post by leargas »

Sook wrote:As I said I would at the start of the week, I've worn a Leinster top in every day this week. Got some abuse when wearing the jersey yesterday but nothin major all week. Its lucky I have so many tops as today could have been a smelly day if I didnt!! :lol: :lol:
Walked into South's in Limerick to the dulcet welcome of 'there's the b****x that was wearing a Leinster jersey (I had been spotted a the match).My (Limerick) secretary had symbolically left a box of Kleenex on my desk.Fair enough as I had speculatively let her have the Monday off to recover from the trauma.