Edinburgh

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Phil06
Graduate

Edinburgh

Post by Phil06 »

Has the date for our final match against Edinburgh been set yet?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Nope - see the thread 'I asked the CL the date of the match and this is what they said'

Won't be announced until after this weekend (at the very earliest) :(
Phil06
Graduate

Post by Phil06 »

Sounds like they are hedging their bets from a TV rights point of view to see what will be the likely deciding games...
Knowing our luck they'll play on a Tuesday or something!?
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Phil06 wrote:Sounds like they are hedging their bets from a TV rights point of view to see what will be the likely deciding games...
What will happen is there'll be a triple header with all teams that can win playing one after the other. Munster will play first with a Sunday 6pm kick off. Ulster will play next with an 8pm kick off and finally the match to decide the league will kick off at 10pm while Setanta show a repeat of the Munster match from earlier. Coverage will switch back to Murrayfield with just enough time to show BOD disappearing down the tunnel carrying the trophy to the tune of "Low Lie..." :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Uncle Mort wrote:
Phil06 wrote:Sounds like they are hedging their bets from a TV rights point of view to see what will be the likely deciding games...
What will happen is there'll be a triple header with all teams that can win playing one after the other. Munster will play first with a Sunday 6pm kick off. Ulster will play next with an 8pm kick off and finally the match to decide the league will kick off at 10pm while Setanta show a repeat of the Munster match from earlier. Coverage will switch back to Murrayfield with just enough time to show BOD disappearing down the tunnel carrying the trophy to the tune of "Low Lie..." :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
Nearly right, but they will probably just repeat the Munster match twice, with a quick interview from jim Glennon saying that leinster playing under floodlights is a PR disaster :roll:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I know the dates for the final game of the season has not been fixed yet, but what are your views on going over to the game.

I think I will go over whatever date the game is on. There are plenty of options for getting there, either flying directly to Edinburgh, or to Glasgow, Aberdeen or Newcastle and getting trains to Edinburgh.

Allez les Blues
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Mauler wrote:I know the dates for the final game of the season has not been fixed yet, but what are your views on going over to the game.

I think I will go over whatever date the game is on. There are plenty of options for getting there, either flying directly to Edinburgh, or to Glasgow, Aberdeen or Newcastle and getting trains to Edinburgh.

Allez les Blues
Same here Mauler, reckon I'll go even if its on the friday. The only problem might be accomodation, its a bank holiday weekend in the UK
I have Bumbleflex
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

the informed "word on the street" is that the game will be on Friday evening.
flights are still cheapish, I believe.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

ckav wrote:the informed "word on the street" is that the game will be on Friday evening.
Would that be the Royal Mile?
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Uncle Mort wrote:
ckav wrote:the informed "word on the street" is that the game will be on Friday evening.
Would that be the Royal Mile?
nope, that would be the Goys in The Blue Corner.

( the Leinster backroom team are all making plans for a match on the Friday night, so I guess that's the best indication we;ll get, that Setanta are close to confirming it. )
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

those people at Setanta have been really good with the coverage of our league haven't they!! Good, logical and regular kick off times, professional widely available free coverage, great promotion of their product. I could go on but I'm sure you know what I mean.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Yeah might be a little tricky... but might be able to find some sorta boarding house from this list

http://www.activereservations.com/hotel ... GO1g1500en

No doubt Flash will find us something up to his usual high standards like he did with the Redcar in Bath :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flights are 30 yoyos each way with Aerlingus (friday lunchtime out, sat lunchtime back)

for the same time flights (roughly) with Ryanair its 50 out, 20 back, though if you fly out friday morning and back saturday night, its 4 out and 14c back!
I have Bumbleflex
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Dave Cahill wrote:Flights are 30 yoyos each way with Aerlingus (friday lunchtime out, sat lunchtime back)

for the same time flights (roughly) with Ryanair its 50 out, 20 back, though if you fly out friday morning and back saturday night, its 4 out and 14c back!
Hmmmmmm..... interesting. Will be keeping an eye open for an actual confirmation of the match day/time.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Just took a look at accommodation on Expedia, and there would appear to be a decent range of places available
I have Bumbleflex
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Dave Cahill wrote:Just took a look at accommodation on Expedia, and there would appear to be a decent range of places available
Yeah theres still B&B's avaliable. . .just not the cheapo hotels like Travelodge, Express by Holiday Inn and IBIS.

Hope its not Friday, that could pose a problem with me with work :cry:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

cough cough...terribly sick boss...urrgh
I have Bumbleflex
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

Ya, should be a good match!
The Royal Mile is severley overated....its full of American and Japanese tourists, not a decent pub near it.
Your better off down the New Town, far more Leinster fan suited!
George Street is a bit like Dawson street but with pubs off it that would be suitable...Grassmarket is the student haven....Murrayfield tends to be a bit of a dive, the nearer you get to the ground the better. Infact there is a nice wee bar across the road from the ground, the airport bus brings you right to its door!!

Remember nipping into a pub on the walk back to town near Murrayfield(twas a Hearts pub) there was a need to use their facilities and didn't feel particularly comfy when they all gawked at the Irish jersey I was sporting!
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Blue - what are your travelling plans? Will you do a day trip?
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

ckav wrote:Blue - what are your travelling plans? Will you do a day trip?
Dunno, depends on the price of flights. Will be catching up with College friend and have been offered a bed so will just take the cheapest option!