Glasgow vs. Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

jhc99
Knowledgeable

Post by jhc99 »

That may well be the worst game I have ever seen. What a load of shite. Handling was terrible, nobody wanted to offload in the tackle and the midfield looked a bloody mess. And the commentary was absolutely budget.

I was going to suggest that we shoud get tee shirts printed for next season with bottles of champagne on the front with Leinster on the label. I think instead we might have to get ones with Skol on them.
In BOD we trust
Oscar
Mullet

Post by Oscar »

Duff Paddy wrote: The rucking game was really poor and we lost way too many turnovers. There was a lot of spoiling and a couple of yellow cards would have sorted it out.
They did get 2 yellow cards. Both for spoiling. And it didn't sort anything out.

I think it was just down to some bad body positions. Byrnes was very lucky that McFaddyen went in off his feet for the 2nd yellow, because he'd gone into contact all wrong and was begging to be turned over.

And so many times players just spilled ball in contact.

The commentators mantioned it during the game, but I don't think I've ever seen a game where so many knock-on advantages were spoiled by a near-instant knock-on by the other team. The props certainly earned their corn tonight.
Oscar
Mullet

Post by Oscar »

What the f%~k? First I get "Your message could not be posted," then I post it again and it's a double! :evil: :evil:
baggo baggins
Bookworm

Post by baggo baggins »

I t was not an enjoyable experience. Did not seem to be any spark for what ever reason. We won and that is about it. agree that O'Kelly looks like he needs a rest. The league is still there but we really need a performance in Cardiff next weekend and in mho a bonus point performance.
One day the dream will become a reality. Irrespective I will always be blue.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

That was painful stuff.. . . .I hate to say it but we have no hope if we play like that in Cardiff and Edinburgh.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
jhc99
Knowledgeable

Post by jhc99 »

Oscar wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote: The rucking game was really poor and we lost way too many turnovers. There was a lot of spoiling and a couple of yellow cards would have sorted it out.
They did get 2 yellow cards. Both for spoiling. And it didn't sort anything out.

I think it was just down to some bad body positions. Byrnes was very lucky that McFaddyen went in off his feet for the 2nd yellow, because he'd gone into contact all wrong and was begging to be turned over.

And so many times players just spilled ball in contact.

The commentators mantioned it during the game, but I don't think I've ever seen a game where so many knock-on advantages were spoiled by a near-instant knock-on by the other team. The props certainly earned their corn tonight.
You're absolutely right about Byrnes. On several occasions he took the ball into contact in a really poor body positions. MOK made his fair share of errors in the loose as well - so frustrating as we all know that when he is on his game he is awesome.
In BOD we trust
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I though Shaggy was poor tonight also. Pity D'Aarcy did not come on for him instead of BOD. Nearly threw away the league, but we got the 4 points just a pity that we did not pick up the bonus point. We really gotta put in two top class performances in the last two games and pick up bonus points.

Allez les Blues
Jarhead
Learner

Post by Jarhead »

Shite performance... I prefer him to play players who actually want to play such as Lewis, Brown, Ronan etc. rather than us have to watch abysmal disinterested performances from the like of Hickie, O'Driscoll & Horgan...

LIVID!!!! :evil:
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Ah Jarhead, dont be too harsh on BOD, his scavaging work on the ground was excellent and turned over a few balls, also he set up Super Rob well for his try (I dont think he actually grounded the ball though). But agree with you about Disco Den and Shaggy.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Mauler wrote:set up Super Rob well for his try (I dont think he actually grounded the ball though)
Thought that aswell :?
Jarhead
Learner

Post by Jarhead »

Defo didnt ground it... The pass from O'Driscoll was at least 2 yards forward aswell...

Is it just me or everytime Munster play shite in the Celtic League we do the same?!
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

WTF, we were all over them in the first half, 2 tries and then forgot how to play in the 2nd. Conters was poor, but we never played the ball in the second half. I'll regret this I know, but;

Ruck, Maul, Scrum, 5 yard lineouts, taknig the easy penalties rather than possible tries! You all know who I'm thinking of! When did we start playing rugby like that!

We just didn't show up in the 2nd half, were lucky to get away with the 4 points, and hopefully that's the bad game out of our system with 4 points before we go to Cardiff!

I'd say the Dressing Rooms in tatters after that display! :twisted:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
fungalboy
Graduate

Post by fungalboy »

Jarhead wrote:Defo didnt ground it... The pass from O'Driscoll was at least 2 yards forward aswell...

Is it just me or everytime Munster play shite in the Celtic League we do the same?!
He did ground it but very late, camera just didn't pick it up. Pass was a mile forward though.

we were pretty poor a round the park with the back row and girve the notable exceptions.

"Must try harder". :x
"They play a running game, we play a running game..." Sky Sports Two 23/1/06
"There is only one Girve the Swerve..." Sky Sports Two 31/3/06
"What disappointment? We did everything we could do tonight..." Newstalk 106 26/5/06
ad nauseam
Knowledgeable

Post by ad nauseam »

On the basis of that performance, it's Ulster's title for the taking, and they'd fully deserve it. Absolute and utter shite! Another occasion when we had to step up to the plate (i.e. bonus point needed) and failed utterly. I can only hope (faint as it may be) that Ulster don't get a bonus point from their HOME game to Borders. If they do, the title is theirs, plain and simple! Am f%~king pissed off. What is it with Leinster? Christ almighty!!!! :x :x :x
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Why did he take BOD off? I'm presuming it was just to bring Darce on
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

It is sooooo frustrating being a Leinster fan at the minute. One day they are brilliant (Toulouse, Ospreys in L Rd last week) and the next they are appalling (the Munster game and again tonight). They showed a real fire and passion last week and then they looked half asleep tonight. I know it's to do with the type of rugby Cheika is trying to develop but he has to get some consistency in the performance.
Hopefully Cardiff aren't too interested next week otherwise the league will be lost and the trip to Edinburgh will be a bit damp sqiub.
ad nauseam
Knowledgeable

Post by ad nauseam »

You'd have to fancy the Gringos at this stage. Even if they don't get the bonus point against Borders, all they have to do is win their remaining matches and they win the title. We, however, having funked (yet again!) the chance of a bonus point which would have put it up to Ulster, now must get a bonus point win from one of our two remaining matches. If Ulster get a bonus point win against Borders, we will have to get two bonus point wins against Cardiff and Edinburgh. I don't see Ulster losing any of their remaining three matches.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

ad nauseam wrote:I don't see Ulster losing any of their remaining three matches.
I don't know about that. I can see them losing to both Llanelli and Ospreys. They will get the 5 points against Borders.

We were aweful last night but it was a win. I'd rather win ugly than lose that game which could easily have happened after that 2nd half performance.

It can still go either way. Ulster are in the driving seat, but it is by no means over.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
cj
Graduate

Post by cj »

Avenger wrote:
ad nauseam wrote:I don't see Ulster losing any of their remaining three matches.
I don't know about that. I can see them losing to both Llanelli and Ospreys. They will get the 5 points against Borders.

We were aweful last night but it was a win. I'd rather win ugly than lose that game which could easily have happened after that 2nd half performance.

It can still go either way. Ulster are in the driving seat, but it is by no means over.
I firmly believe that if leinster win their remaining two games they will win the title. I cannot see Ulster winning on the road in Llanelli and Ospreys (they might win one both both??) - look at how difficult Munster found it to go to Ospreys this weekend. We were lucky last night though - I couldn't believe how badly we played in the second half.
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

I don't think we can lay 100% of the blame for poor ruck ball at our forwards. It seems like it is a valid tactic for teams playing against Leinster to slow everything down to avoid good ball going to our back line, because they all know what will happen if dr phil gets quick ball and the opp defense is slow of the mark. We saw this against Glasgow last night and Munster two weeks ago. I'd love to see a stat for the amount of oppostion penalties conceeded for spoiling etc. for all our games this season, I'd say it would make for interesting reeding.