Quins Ticket Lottery

Moderator: moderators

PBB
Bookworm

Quins Ticket Lottery

Post by PBB »

The details were announced by e-mail to Season ticket holders today.

Each Season ticket holder is entitled to ask for up to 2 tickets, but only get allocated 1 if successful, unless subscriptions fall below available (unlikely).

So if you have more than one season ticket (I have four family tickets) you are likely to only get one at most. You can also ring up (looking forward to spending a few hours on hold next week) to register extra requests for your "extra" season tickets. So what do I do if we get 1 for the 4 ? Do i have to hold another lottery in my house - does that person have to travel on their own. I only hope the seats are not allocated, otherwise if we are lucky enough to get a pair we're not going see much of each other on the day.

Another thing, Quines announced 3 price tiers - can you guess which one appears on the lottery - with any luck (again, seem to praying for a lot of luck today) this is just so they are covered on debiting your visa up to the top amount, and all tickets at all prices will be allocated...

All this is going to do is to drive people to get all ST's to apply then we'll sort out the tickets ourselves on this and other forums - thought the Leinster branch was getting better at this sort of thing, but appears all the increased revenue hasn't been spent on systems that give everyone a fair crack at the whip.
Last edited by PBB on February 12th, 2009, 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
What we have here is a failure to communicate....
PBB
Bookworm

Re: Wasps Ticket Lottery

Post by PBB »

PBB wrote:Another thing, Quines announced 3 price tiers - can you guess which one appears on the lottery - with any luck (again, seem to praying for a lot of luck today) this is just so they are covered on debiting your visa up to the top amount, and all tickets at all prices will be allocated
Ok, well I applied and at least this element is cleared up on the booking confirmation

"If successful your credit card will be charged depending on which tickets you win: Club €45 + €4.50 SC Touchline €40 + €3.95 SC Club €33 + €3.50 SC "
What we have here is a failure to communicate....
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Really not sure what your gripe is - what more could LR do?

You have a week to make your application so you don't have to ring it in on Monday. As for tickets they only have so many in each category (they probably don't know what they are getting as yet.)

They can only play the hand they are dealt and they have improved beyond all recognition over the past couple of years.

ps - change the thread title, its Harlquins we are playing, not Wasps!
A proud Winsome Fluter
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

The atmosphere on the terrace in Highwicombe before the Wasps quaterfinal a few years ago was powerful (as good as Bath or Toulouse) , the tickets were distributed in a similar way , what Quins have done is focused our support rather than nulified it !.
Flying wedge
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Really not sure what your gripe is - what more could LR do?

You have a week to make your application so you don't have to ring it in on Monday. As for tickets they only have so many in each category (they probably don't know what they are getting as yet.)

They can only play the hand they are dealt and they have improved beyond all recognition over the past couple of years.

Harlequins. (for the pedant in me!)
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

PBB wrote:The details were announced by e-mail to Season ticket holders today and what a joke ! :roll:

Each Season ticket holder is entitled to ask for up to 2 tickets, but only get allocated 1 if successful, unless subscriptions fall below available (unlikely). 1 ticket per ST holder is the fairest system of giving as many existing ST holder an opportunity to see the game.

So if you have more than one season ticket (I have four family tickets) you are likely to only get one at most. Unless you have 16 in your family, Iwould think you have 1 family ticket that allows 4 people to attend the game. - are you "more special" than those that stand on the terrace with 1 ST and should you get preference in obtaining more of the Q/F allocation?

You can also ring up (looking forward to spending a few hours on hold next week) to register extra requests for your "extra" season tickets. So what do I do if we get 1 for the 4 ? Do I have to hold another lottery in my house yes, just like leinster did to allocate the small allocation they recieved. does that person have to travel on their own. Yes, quite possibly, just like everyone else who only recieved one ticket. I only hope the seats are not allocated, otherwise if we are lucky enough to get a pair we're not going see much of each other on the day. Thems the breaks - perhaps you might meet someone new and hear their hard luck story.

Another thing, Quines announced 3 price tiers - can you guess which one appears on the lottery - with any luck (again, seem to praying for a lot of luck today) this is just so they are covered on debiting your visa up to the top amount, and all tickets at all prices will be allocated... Wrong

All this is going to do is to drive people to get all ST's to apply then we'll sort out the tickets ourselves on this and other forums - Every season ticket holoder is entitled to enter the draw, and if successful, pass on their ticket to whoever they want. That is one of the benefits of being a ST holder. thought the Leinster branch was getting better at this sort of thing, They are, in fact things have changed dramatically over the years, Leinster Rugby have made mistakes and learnt form them, tell us, how would you fairly allocate 3000 tickets to 10,000 Season Ticket holders? but appears all the increased revenue hasn't been spent on systems The ticketing system in Leinster Rugby is infinitly better than before that give everyone a fair crack at the whip. I think that you want a fairer crack of the whip than everyone else.
Get in the f%~king bag.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

claire_m wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:Really not sure what your gripe is - what more could LR do?

Harlequins. (for the pedant in me!)
"Come on without , come on within , you'll not see nothin like the mighty Harlequin" - just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid .
Flying wedge
tmarr
Bookworm

Post by tmarr »

Slipper1 wrote:
PBB wrote:The details were announced by e-mail to Season ticket holders today and what a joke ! :roll:

Each Season ticket holder is entitled to ask for up to 2 tickets, but only get allocated 1 if successful, unless subscriptions fall below available (unlikely). 1 ticket per ST holder is the fairest system of giving as many existing ST holder an opportunity to see the game.

So if you have more than one season ticket (I have four family tickets) you are likely to only get one at most. Unless you have 16 in your family, Iwould think you have 1 family ticket that allows 4 people to attend the game. - are you "more special" than those that stand on the terrace with 1 ST and should you get preference in obtaining more of the Q/F allocation?

You can also ring up (looking forward to spending a few hours on hold next week) to register extra requests for your "extra" season tickets. So what do I do if we get 1 for the 4 ? Do I have to hold another lottery in my house yes, just like leinster did to allocate the small allocation they recieved. does that person have to travel on their own. Yes, quite possibly, just like everyone else who only recieved one ticket. I only hope the seats are not allocated, otherwise if we are lucky enough to get a pair we're not going see much of each other on the day. Thems the breaks - perhaps you might meet someone new and hear their hard luck story.

Another thing, Quines announced 3 price tiers - can you guess which one appears on the lottery - with any luck (again, seem to praying for a lot of luck today) this is just so they are covered on debiting your visa up to the top amount, and all tickets at all prices will be allocated... Wrong

All this is going to do is to drive people to get all ST's to apply then we'll sort out the tickets ourselves on this and other forums - Every season ticket holoder is entitled to enter the draw, and if successful, pass on their ticket to whoever they want. That is one of the benefits of being a ST holder. thought the Leinster branch was getting better at this sort of thing, They are, in fact things have changed dramatically over the years, Leinster Rugby have made mistakes and learnt form them, tell us, how would you fairly allocate 3000 tickets to 10,000 Season Ticket holders? but appears all the increased revenue hasn't been spent on systems The ticketing system in Leinster Rugby is infinitly better than before that give everyone a fair crack at the whip. I think that you want a fairer crack of the whip than everyone else.
Absolutely fairest way Slipper and a huge improvement on allocation methods of old so well done to all concerned and for the work put into getting this sorted in the branch .....now fingers crossed!.......anyone any idea what day lottery is being held?
colinmtn
Knowledgeable

Post by colinmtn »

tmarr wrote:anyone any idea what day lottery is being held?

According to the branch email it will take place some time early this week

Probably means people will find out either on Friday or next Monday
All hail the monstrous nerd. I am by far the SUPREME NERD GOD!!!
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Re: Quins Ticket Lottery

Post by [Jackass] »

Reallly hope I get a ticket for this!!

Just a question though, there's 4 of us who are season ticket holders and go to games together, but it's unlikely more than one of us will get a ticket. Now it doesn't put me off going at all (touch wood), but is it not a bit mad that most Leinster fans will be travelling "alone" to the game if they are lucky enough to get a ticket? As in most people will probably not know anyone else travelling? We're all in it together at the game and I'm not shy in showing my support, but should make for interesting pre / post match pints!! Maybe with your ticket they should also send out name tags? :lol:
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Triskaidekaphobia
Bookworm

Post by Triskaidekaphobia »

Just logged into the ticketmaster account and there's a section there on ' Manage your tickets' that I didn't notice before and it lists a ticket for the Quins game. I'm sure this wasn't there earlier in the week. And under ' Right of first refusal', 'completed requests' it says that my request was processed today (18th). Wonder does this mean I've been lucky and got one?
time will tell I guess.....
kiddo13
Learner

Post by kiddo13 »

Same here, i just checked my account and in the 'completed requests' it says my request has been processed today. Hopefully that's a good sign! It has an order number on it but not amount for the cost of the ticket!
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Triskaidekaphobia wrote:Just logged into the ticketmaster account and there's a section there on ' Manage your tickets' that I didn't notice before and it lists a ticket for the Quins game. I'm sure this wasn't there earlier in the week. And under ' Right of first refusal', 'completed requests' it says that my request was processed today (18th). Wonder does this mean I've been lucky and got one?

Same as........
Bones
Mullet

Post by Bones »

aisling7 wrote:
Triskaidekaphobia wrote:Just logged into the ticketmaster account and there's a section there on ' Manage your tickets' that I didn't notice before and it lists a ticket for the Quins game. I'm sure this wasn't there earlier in the week. And under ' Right of first refusal', 'completed requests' it says that my request was processed today (18th). Wonder does this mean I've been lucky and got one?

Same as........

Me too and I have a pending transaction of €45 on my credit card. :D
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Pretty much all our group have checked their accounts and they're all saying "order processed".

We could take this as good or bad news. Either

A, demand wasn't as high as predicted and we've all been sucessful :D

or

B, "order processed" is just a thing that comes up when the lottery is over whether the order is successful or not :cry:

I'm hoping for A!!!!!!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Is everyone who has 'order processed' status showing €0 for the ticket cost/fees?
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Bones wrote:
Me too and I have a pending transaction of €45 on my credit card. :D
Have a pending charge of €51.95 coming in from Leinster rugby 8) .

Although I thought the prices were

"Club - €49.50
Touchline - €42.95
Club - €36.50

Prices shown are inclusive of Ticketmaster Service Charge"

Seemed to have added in another couple of Euro, hope Ticketbastard aren't taking it!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Fup it

my account is showing "There are currently no new ticket requests that have been processed."
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

meinster wrote:Is everyone who has 'order processed' status showing €0 for the ticket cost/fees?
Yeah.
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Where are people seeing all this info? In "manage a/c" all I see is a print ticket link this brings me to the QF lottery section...but its not a ticket... :?
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk