Dublin Pass

Moderator: moderators

mtleinster
Enlightened

Dublin Pass

Post by mtleinster »

Anyone who purchased their tickets last year probably received a few Dublin Passes aswell

most will go to waste, but if anyone has a few spare and they know they wont use them, i will happily take them off your hands

They are great for days out with the kids

PS. I think they are only valid until the end of the month
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Dublin Pass

Post by blockhead »

Already used mine. They cost E35 but well worth it if you plan the day right. Free entrance to the Zoo,Guinness Hop Store (free pint), Jamesons, Christchurch etc etc. Would cost a lot more without.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Anyone who has them should note that they have to be used by 31st May. I think it was a great idea to offer it - cost of our match tickets still exceeded the cost of the Golden Ticket package, so the Dublin Pass feels free, but it might just have convinced some of the people who are travelling for the match anyway to come a day early or to stay for an extra day.

I wonder if Paris will be offering something similar for next year?
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

What child friendly things do they offer? And do you use one of them for a child?
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

fourthirtythree wrote:What child friendly things do they offer? And do you use one of them for a child?
There's a list on http://www.dublinpass.ie/
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

fourthirtythree wrote:What child friendly things do they offer? And do you use one of them for a child?
You can use them for a child. If you want to add a child to the group, a child pass is €19.

The list of attractions is here.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Thank you both.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Children under 5 are free to all those attractions except the Zoo where you have to stump up E11. If you plan it right and start early you could save a small fortune.
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

blockhead wrote:Children under 5 are free to all those attractions except the Zoo where you have to stump up E11. If you plan it right and start early you could save a small fortune.

are you able to do the same thing twice

Jameson followed by guinness followed by Jameson followed by guinness followed by Jameson followed by guinness followed by Jameson followed by guinness followed by Jameson followed by guinness followed by ...
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mtleinster wrote:
blockhead wrote:Children under 5 are free to all those attractions except the Zoo where you have to stump up E11. If you plan it right and start early you could save a small fortune.

are you able to do the same thing twice

Jameson followed by guinness followed by Jameson followed by guinness followed by Jameson followed by guinness followed by Jameson followed by guinness followed by Jameson followed by guinness followed by ...
Well if people give away their passes to you as you requested at the start of this thread then that's exactly what you could do. Maybe that was your motive all along, "They are great for days out with the kids", yeah right, pull the other one.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Cool, I have one under five and three tickets (one over five) so that works out. Mind you they would have little interest in most of the attractions. We've given up our year pass to the zoo so they haven't been in a while.
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

I wonder how many people actually used these?
What was good/bad in Dublin these days?
The French are predictably unpredictable
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I could do with one spare if anyone doesn't plan on using theirs.
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

rosscarrick wrote:I wonder how many people actually used these?
Still waiting for time to use mine - hope Sun 31st is a nice day. The zoo is always worth a visit - especially if you haven't been for a while. Pint after in the Gravity Bar chased by a shot of Jimmy across the road. Might hit Dublinia as I've never been to that but always meant to have a gander.
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Lamb of BOD wrote:
Still waiting for time to use mine - hope Sun 31st is a nice day. The zoo is always worth a visit - especially if you haven't been for a while. Pint after in the Gravity Bar chased by a shot of Jimmy across the road. Might hit Dublinia as I've never been to that but always meant to have a gander.
Ill be heading to the Zoo this Saturday morning - havent been since I was in short trousers.
Will probably hit the Guinness Storehouse depending on time before our Kickoff.
I reckon you'd have to stick around ages for the Jameson tour before receiving a small whiskey - so will prob give that a miss.
The French are predictably unpredictable
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

rosscarrick wrote:
Ill be heading to the Zoo this Saturday morning - havent been since I was in short trousers.
You're in for a treat. <ake sure to bring a camera.
rosscarrick wrote: I reckon you'd have to stick around ages for the Jameson tour before receiving a small whiskey - so will prob give that a miss.
I've only been the once, but found the tour worthwhile - as did my Kiwi guests. If you're pressed for time it might be the one to miss
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Lamb of BOD wrote:
Check the expiry date LOB.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

blockhead wrote:
Lamb of BOD wrote:
31st May. It is a Friday, rather than the Sunday LOB had hoped for, but as long as s/he was looking at dates not days, it should be ok.

For me, it'll definitely be the zoo, then I'll have to survey the other options to see if there's anything I haven't seen before and would like to see.

I agree with LOB: if you haven't been to the zoo in the last few years, esp if not since we were all chislers, it is most definitely worth a visit. I have (adult) colleagues who have a monthly trip to the zoo with friends. They say there's always something new to see.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Yep. the zoo on a nice day is well worth it. Bring a picnic and save another small fortune. I would recommend the Guinness Hop store too, E16/adult normally, great view of Dublin from the sky bar with a free pint of the black stuff in your hand.
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

TheBear wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Lamb of BOD wrote: hope Sun 31st is a nice day.
31st May. It is a Friday, rather than the Sunday LOB had hoped for, but as long as s/he was looking at dates not days, it should be ok.
Thanks to you both. I would have turned up on a Sunday :oops:
note to self: learn to read a calendar