TicketExchange is gone

Moderator: moderators

sickaroll
Learner

TicketExchange is gone

Post by sickaroll »

The link on my Season Ticket account was dead, so I mailed TM and tickets@leinsterrugby, it seems that the Ticket Exchange feature is done.
Hi Simon,

Unfortunately, Ticketmaster have discontinued the Ticket Exchange facility globally. At the moment, we are unsure if/when any replacement will be available and what form it will take.

Apologies or any inconvenience caused.

Regards​
Tickets | Leinster Rugby, Newstead Building A, UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4 | Tel 01 2080998
I'd expect either a lot fewer people to come to matches or for traffic here to pick up.
Is there scope for a special section maybe?
Apologies if this isn't the place for it, haven't been by in a few years.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: TicketExchange is gone

Post by johng »

I never used it as it was extortionate. Rather give the tickets away than give even more money to ticketbastard.

There is a ticket section of this site. Which might be used more as you say.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

johng wrote:I never used it as it was extortionate. Rather give the tickets away than give even more money to ticketbastard.

There is a ticket section of this site. Which might be used more as you say.
Not extortionate enough to be commercially viable it seems.
Grubber
Beginner

Post by Grubber »

The season ticket website is a joke, so much of it outdated and convoluted. Sure, the whole thing with ticketbastard is a joke. I haven't even received my season ticket card nor have a few others I know. The whole thing needs to be revamped for us supporters, but nothing will happen until a sink is caused. I suspect there will be more tickets for sale here and when I'm looking for extra for family and friends, I would come here first to check and support the community.
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

It's a real shame ticket exchange is gone. It was really useful for getting terrace tickets
I fear that a post storm Friday night game during the RWC might only get 6,000 through the gates

Ps. If anyone is not using their terrace tickets I'll take them off their hands
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

The storm didn't get near us and it's set to be dry tonight.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Just went to pick up a few terrace tickets for Friday and saw the link not working. I used it a lot for terrace tickets.
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Scott wrote:Just went to pick up a few terrace tickets for Friday and saw the link not working. I used it a lot for terrace tickets.
Indeed - hence my thread :D

It was useful for terrace tickets.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
roarlad
Learner

Post by roarlad »

Any sign of this ever coming back?

I remember when LR moved to the new Ticketmaster site/account management, they suggested that ticket exchange functionality would come along down the line..
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

roarlad wrote: February 16th, 2022, 5:44 pm Any sign of this ever coming back?

I remember when LR moved to the new Ticketmaster site/account management, they suggested that ticket exchange functionality would come along down the line..
No. It doesn't make sense at current median attendance.

Why would they not prefer you to buy tickets? Why would people rely on it when most people just go straight to the site and tickets don't get picked up.
roarlad
Learner

Post by roarlad »

ronk wrote: February 16th, 2022, 6:42 pm
roarlad wrote: February 16th, 2022, 5:44 pm Any sign of this ever coming back?

No. It doesn't make sense at current median attendance.

Why would they not prefer you to buy tickets? Why would people rely on it when most people just go straight to the site and tickets don't get picked up.
Fairly short sighted if that is the case.
Firstly, from a commercial perspective, its free money for old rope for Leinster.
They get to sell a seat twice, albeit the second time around only getting a fractional cut, either way free money.

Secondly, they could sell better seats, rather than the excess capacity in the North/South Stands, especially in the dog days of winter where a parent might prefer the protection from the elements!

Thirdly, they should have this facility in place now, rather than launching it last minute when they really need it.
Think bigger Champions Cup games, Inter-Pros etc.

Fourthly, it was a great facility for season ticket holders to off-load tickets to matches they couldn't attend/give away.
Would Leinster not want bums on seats, whats the alternative here for season ticket holders? do they print out spare tickets and attach them to the flags on Anglesea Road?

Finally, some people just hate Ticketmaster and dealing with them and their service charges etc..
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

It was a nice idea but I found it a hassle with a buggy reliable interface. You'd check tickets then check ticket exchange looking for better seats. But seats could appear and disappear.

Leinster would rather sell 2 tickets and the ability for people to transfer tickets works easily and is popular.

When you used the service you got the discounted value of the ticket minus a hefty service fee. I think it was almost half you got. Friends and forums for face value are actually a small profit, not that that's the reason people do it.

With capacity low in the RDS it's only a tiny minority of tickets that have a chance of being resold that way. So why get your hopes up.

So it wasn't that popular with Leinster, it wasn't popular with sellers and it was mostly ignored by buyers. And all of those hated hated the service fees. But at low volume it was probably just hassle for Ticketmaster.

I'm not surprised it didn't last. 2 Aviva games changed the economics and smart tickets make it feasible to cut out Ticketmaster.