Lions team for the weekend.

Forum for discussion of the British and Irish Lions trip to South Africa in 2009

Moderator: moderators

AidanSloan
Knowledgeable

Re: Lions team for the weekend.

Post by AidanSloan »

waguser wrote:
AidanSloan wrote: He is by no means the complete article but is a shining light for the future. I just hope he hasn't been thrown in to deep too soon, I sincerely hope he can bounce back(it was horrible to watch) But is he a Lion? This jury is still out.
At the risk of being facetious,
The jury is not out He is a lion and nothing can take it off him...
21 years of age, the experience will be great for him and I hope it helps his development as an Irish star of the future.
Some of the abuse here for him is as unwarranted as the cr@p Sexton has received elsewhere.

As for the poster who proclaimed to be embarrassed by him!!!!
jesus wept
get a life
ok, I'll rephrase; is he good enough yet to be a Lion? This jury is still out. And I agree completely, why can't people make comments about rugby without making them personal and abusive?
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

He's a raw and talented youngster with a lot of potential. He's clearly improving all the time, but he got a fairly sizeable confidence knock in the HEC SF, which has maybe knocked him off the path of improvement a bit. His rise has been pretty meteoric and for such a young guy, a Lions tour must be a pretty emotionally overwhelming thing.

So he had a bit of a train-wreck of a game. So it might affect the games he plays for the rest of the tour. So it turns out that he's maybe not one of those guys that jumps over each obstacle no matter how high you set it.

So what? He's going to be a big player for Ireland and he'll have days in his career that will make last Sat feel like a Sunday flingabout in the park.

He's been overhyped, like so many before him. And he just found out this week that he's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Yeah, a couple of bad games is just that. He isn't the first, and he won't be the last. It was cringeworthy to watch sadly.

The worry is that he might not regain form. There isn't much point in saying that isn't possible. Not too long ago that everyone thought Trimble was the best thing since sliced bread.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Dublinner
Bookworm

Post by Dublinner »

Why on earth wouldnt he regain form?? He has a couple of shockers and he has a lot to learn but this guy is only going to get better and better.

Andrew Trimble????
Did he ever do anything that was even remotely like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdkuVKAm15c

Give him 2 or 3 years. He will be playing for Ireland for a long time
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Dublinner wrote:Why on earth wouldnt he regain form?? He has a couple of shockers and he has a lot to learn but this guy is only going to get better and better.

Andrew Trimble????
Did he ever do anything that was even remotely like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdkuVKAm15c

Give him 2 or 3 years. He will be playing for Ireland for a long time
Andrew Trimble had some very good showings at international level. Your link below isn't working but I'm guessing it's something from the ML.