Croke Park ticket prices

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Croke Park ticket prices

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

RTÉ has learned that top tickets at rugby internationals in Croke Park will cost over €1,000.

When Ireland play France and England next February, the IRFU will charge €850 plus VAT per person in a corporate box, resulting in a cost of more than €1,000 per person.

With almost 2,000 seats at this level the IRFU can earn almost €2million just from the corporate boxes alone.

That sum alone will cover the reported rental cost to the GAA of €1.5million per match.

That still leaves the IRFU with another 75,000 tickets to sell including almost 9,000 in the exclusive Premium Level selling at €110.

Ordinary stand tickets will cost €80.

Under an agreement with Croke Park Stadium Ltd, the existing box holders will be given first refusal at a cheaper price. They can attend for €750 plus VAT, a cost of over €900 per person.

The FAI has told RTÉ that corporate box tickets will be under €400 per person.

Tickets will be sold as a bundle. Therefore to take a box for the high demand game against Germany, you will also have to take it for the game against Cyprus.

The game with Wales will be bundled with the match against Slovakia.

Premium level tickets for soccer internationals are expected to cost €85, with stand tickets priced at €50 and €70.

An IRFU spokesman said the difference in price merely reflects the different markets involved.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Ordinary stand ticket for one match €80
Leinster silver season ticket (early bird) €150.

I know which is the better value.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

All €1000 tickets are reserved for Leinster Supporters I believe.

AFFluent!
Get in the f%~king bag.
rex banner
Mullet

Post by rex banner »

I think I'll buy five Corporate tickets all for myself. I like a bit of leg room. AHHHH AFFluence!!
`````````\|||/
`````````(o o)
,--ooO-----(_)-------------l
| ```````PAINT ```````l
| ````````THE````````l
| `````` `RDS````````l
| ```````BLUE````````l
'--------------Ooo---------l
````````|__|__|
`````````||``||
````````ooO Ooo
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Slipper1 wrote:All €1000 tickets are reserved for Leinster Supporters I believe.

AFFluent!
Yeah. I bought ten. Just for the craic loike.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Thats a disgrace ... €80 for a stand ticket.

Max price you'd pay for a stand ticket in Croker for GAA is €30 on All Ireland Final Day.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Colm wrote:Thats a disgrace ... €80 for a stand ticket.

Max price you'd pay for a stand ticket in Croker for GAA is €30 on All Ireland Final Day.
Incorrect. at least €40 for All Ireland Semi (and that's not for "premium" seats). They have to make a buck somehow given that they're shelling out at least €1.25m per match.

Don't believe the RTE tripe. They have their noses out of joint since they lost the HC coverage and are just doing their damndest to portray thre IRFU in a bad light. :roll:
T - 45
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Errrr..... I smell bull$hit from RTÉ.
The IRFU don't own the corporate boxes. The boxes are owned by companies who pay ridiculous sums every year to rent them. Those boxes (like the premium seats) cover ALL events in Croker - GAA, concerts, rugby, football etc..... so how the IRFU is actually going to get its paws on the corporate boxes and premium seats is beyond me. The companies who rent them are hardly going to turn around and go "oh yeah, here ya go.... you can use this box for the two games" :roll:

A mate of mine has two premium seats in Croker and he's expecting to be able to use them for the rugby - just like he used them for the U2 concert last year. :?
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Leinsterman wrote:Errrr..... I smell bull$hit from RTÉ.
The IRFU don't own the corporate boxes. The boxes are owned by companies who pay ridiculous sums every year to rent them. Those boxes (like the premium seats) cover ALL events in Croker - GAA, concerts, rugby, football etc..... so how the IRFU is actually going to get its paws on the corporate boxes and premium seats is beyond me. The companies who rent them are hardly going to turn around and go "oh yeah, here ya go.... you can use this box for the two games" :roll:

A mate of mine has two premium seats in Croker and he's expecting to be able to use them for the rugby - just like he used them for the U2 concert last year. :?
My understanding was they had to pay for their use LM and if they chose not to the IRFU/FAI could rent them out
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

epaddy wrote:
My understanding was they had to pay for their use LM and if they chose not to the IRFU/FAI could rent them out
Possibly for the Premium Seats but definitely not the Corporate Boxes - they're rented for a full year. I think some companies have rented them long term as well - Vodafone for example.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:

Incorrect. at least €40 for All Ireland Semi (and that's not for "premium" seats). They have to make a buck somehow given that they're shelling out at least €1.25m per match.

Don't believe the RTE tripe. They have their noses out of joint since they lost the HC coverage and are just doing their damndest to portray thre IRFU in a bad light. :roll:
I stand corrected ...

"Ticket prices for 2006 for All Ireland Finals will be EUR60.00 for stands and EUR30.00 for terraces"

It's still cheaper than the IRFU!
fungalboy
Graduate

Post by fungalboy »

Colm wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:

I stand corrected ...

"Ticket prices for 2006 for All Ireland Finals will be EUR60.00 for stands and EUR30.00 for terraces"

You have to pay for quality... how else does Donnybrook Fair stay open?
"They play a running game, we play a running game..." Sky Sports Two 23/1/06
"There is only one Girve the Swerve..." Sky Sports Two 31/3/06
"What disappointment? We did everything we could do tonight..." Newstalk 106 26/5/06
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

In fairness I can understand the tickecting prices. It must cost a fortune to bring a squad of players to the other side of the world for a six week holiday. Oh sorry, not all were on holiday. A couple of them actually played.
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

fungalboy wrote:
Colm wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote: Incorrect. at least €40 for All Ireland Semi (and that's not for "premium" seats). They have to make a buck somehow given that they're shelling out at least €1.25m per match.

I stand corrected ...

You have to pay for quality... how else does Donnybrook Fair stay open?

Paying €60 to watch amateurs in tight off white shorts & farmers tans parade around behind some band of orphans – seems more of a rip off to me
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Didn't stop you last season Mauler - unless you had a doppleganger in the Canal End for one of the Dublin games. :wink:
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I was just there doing a little re con for next February. :idea:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

What's the big hoo-ha about the ticket prices anyway? We always knew we'd be fleeced. Personally I've no problem paying big bucks for tickets, as long as the funds are going back into the sport, and not paying for blazers' trips abroad.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

ckav wrote:What's the big hoo-ha about the ticket prices anyway? We always knew we'd be fleeced. Personally I've no problem paying big bucks for tickets, as long as the funds are going back into the sport, and not paying for blazers' trips abroad.
See how you feel if you pay €80 and are stuck in the Canal End right down at the very front.... you won't be able to see a single thing - trust me. I've sat there for GAA games and it's the worst area in the whole stadium.
The €80 won't seem like great value then. You'll be miles away from even the dead ball line.
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

If I get a ticket I'll be happy :cry:

*cue Duff - Join a club!!!*
Summer is ready when you are

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Eve wrote:If I get a ticket I'll be happy :cry:

*cue Duff - Join a club!!!*
Join a club (but that still wont guarantee you a ticket :( ). . .however RENEW your membership to the Irish Rugby Supporters Club and you WILL get a Guarantee to purchase a ticket for the Ire/France game (see ya there!) :D