Ireland V New Zealand thread ***Team page 9***

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

gleesonisgod
Mullet

Ireland V New Zealand thread ***Team page 9***

Post by gleesonisgod »

Apologies if there's already a thread. Couldn't see it.

Interesting that Ferg is called in and Earls gets no game time. DK must be only considering him as a back 3.

Following the game against Samoa at the weekend, there were the normal high level of bumps and bruises but no major injuries to report...
Of the bumps and bruises, Leinster prop Cian Healy picked up a dead leg near the end of the game. Healy will be monitored over the next 48 hours to see how the bruising responds to treatment.
Rob Kearney has progressed well from the deep bruising he suffered to his knee in the game against South Africa and it is expected that he will return to full training this week.

The majority of the original squad that was in camp last week will remain in place but there are several players being released as well as coming into the squad. Keith Earls has also been released to play for Munster against Australia, but will be returning to the Ireland squad on Wednesday.

The Ireland team to play New Zealand will be named on Thursday.

Ireland Squad (32)

Forwards: Tom Court, Cian Healy, Brett Wilkinson, Rory Best, Sean Cronin, John Hayes, Mike Ross, Donncha O’Callaghan, Donnacha Ryan, Mick O’Driscoll, Devin Toner, Stephen Ferris, John Muldoon, David Wallace, Sean O’Brien, Jamie Heaslip, Denis Leamy

Backs: Eoin Reddan, Peter Stringer, Ronan O’Gara, Jonathan Sexton, Andrew Trimble, Luke Fitzgerald, Keith Earls, Gordon D’Arcy, Paddy Wallace, Brian O’Driscoll, Fergus McFadden, Tommy Bowe, Gavin Duffy, Geordan Murphy, Rob Kearney
Last edited by gleesonisgod on November 18th, 2010, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
bootlace
Knowledgeable

Re: Ireland squad to face All Blacks

Post by bootlace »

Any chance you have a link for that?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

bootlace wrote:Any chance you have a link for that?
it's on the leinsterrugby site.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

No Boss and the way Dekko has grouped his halfbacks, means either Stringer and Rog or Redan and Sexton. Or 2 guys who have hardly played together.
bootlace
Knowledgeable

Post by bootlace »

cormac wrote:
bootlace wrote:Any chance you have a link for that?
it's on the leinsterrugby site.

cheers cormac
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

gleesonisgod wrote:Apologies if there's already a thread. Couldn't see it.

Interesting that Ferg is called in and Earls gets no game time. DK must be only considering him as a back 3.

Following the game against Samoa at the weekend, there were the normal high level of bumps and bruises but no major injuries to report...
Of the bumps and bruises, Leinster prop Cian Healy picked up a dead leg near the end of the game. Healy will be monitored over the next 48 hours to see how the bruising responds to treatment.
Rob Kearney has progressed well from the deep bruising he suffered to his knee in the game against South Africa and it is expected that he will return to full training this week.

The majority of the original squad that was in camp last week will remain in place but there are several players being released as well as coming into the squad. Keith Earls has also been released to play for Munster against Australia, but will be returning to the Ireland squad on Wednesday.

The Ireland team to play New Zealand will be named on Thursday.
Ireland Squad (32)

Forwards: Tom Court, Cian Healy, Brett Wilkinson, Rory Best, Sean Cronin, John Hayes, Mike Ross, Donncha O’Callaghan, Donnacha Ryan, Mick O’Driscoll, Devin Toner, Stephen Ferris, John Muldoon, David Wallace, Sean O’Brien, Jamie Heaslip, Denis Leamy

Backs: Eoin Reddan, Peter Stringer, Ronan O’Gara, Jonathan Sexton, Andrew Trimble, Luke Fitzgerald, Keith Earls, Gordon D’Arcy, Paddy Wallace, Brian O’Driscoll, Fergus McFadden, Tommy Bowe, Gavin Duffy, Geordan Murphy, Rob Kearney
With the side not being named until Thursday it would make it difficult for the ten players not selected to be chosen for their provinces this weekend.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Despite the general pessimism, there's a good side in that lot, screaming to get out.

Let's hope DK gets his sh!t together and picks it.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Team I would pick, based on all being fit.

I have put in 3 that I think are tight calls

Cian Healy
Sean Cronin
Tom Court
Donncha O’Callaghan
Devin Toner
Stephen Ferris
David Wallace
Jamie Heaslip

Peter Stringer
Jonathan Sexton
Luke Fitzgerald
Gordon D’Arcy
Brian O’Driscoll
Tommy Bowe
Geordan Murphy/Rob Kearney

Rory Best
Mike Ross
Donnacha Ryan
Sean O’Brien/Denis Leamy
Eoin Reddan
Ronan O’Gara
Keith Earls/Andrew Trimble

Team I think Dekko will pick.

And I am not holding myself up as being a better selector than him. (obviously) None of us see them in training etc. Plus, there is always a surprise or 2 in every team announcement. So he is bound to differ from the team below in some way. And most likely not in the direction of the team above.

Cian Healy
Rory Best
John Hayes
Donncha O’Callaghan
Mick O’Driscoll
Stephen Ferris
David Wallace
Jamie Heaslip

Eoin Reddan
Jonathan Sexton
Luke Fitzgerald
Gordon D’Arcy
Brian O’Driscoll
Tommy Bowe
Rob Kearney

Sean Cronin
Tom Court
Donnacha Ryan
Denis Leamy
Peter Stringer
Ronan O’Gara
Keith Earls
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

gleesonisgod wrote: The Ireland team to play New Zealand will be named on Thursday.

Ireland Squad (32)

Ah FFS Declan (and whoever else is responsible for this). Leinster are playing on Friday (and obviously the other clubs too) but 10 of those guys will be released a day before the Magners round. Why can't they name the team on Tuesday as always? We're playing New Zealand, what could the coaches possibly need extra time to look at? Surely after two matches and, as hugonaut points out, 25 starters, they must know who their 22 will be? I can only assume this is an admission of guilt that after 160 minutes of international rugby, the Irish coaching team have gotten it horribly wrong so far.

And another two fingers to the provinces, who have already being answering the national team's requests all season. Jesus Christ Declan, if you can't produce a good international team, then leave the players with their provinces and let us compete elsewhere.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

You're all forgetting that this is Kidney we're talking about so we already know the ten players that'll be released. I didn't expect him to be picked but Leo not getting back in is a sham.
blues_fan
Knowledgeable

Post by blues_fan »

The AB's have changed to Thursdays as well, don't know if it's a growing trend or the reasoning behind it.

edit: Maybe Kidney waiting to see who the AB's pick then announce his team.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:You're all forgetting that this is Kidney we're talking about so we already know the ten players that'll be released. I didn't expect him to be picked but Leo not getting back in is a sham.
Very, very odd. I'd imagine that there's something we're not fully aware of regarding injury, because we could really do with Leo's leadership, line-out prowess and hard-nosedness.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

hugonaut wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:You're all forgetting that this is Kidney we're talking about so we already know the ten players that'll be released. I didn't expect him to be picked but Leo not getting back in is a sham.
Very, very odd. I'd imagine that there's something we're not fully aware of regarding injury, because we could really do with Leo's leadership, line-out prowess and hard-nosedness.
If Leo is fit for selection for Leinster he is fit for selection for Ireland! Right now put MOD and Leo side by side and who would you pick? Unless your Eddie it is Leo every time not even up for debate!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Heard on the News that Earls has been released back to Munster.

That puts G Murphy or Trinble in the 22 Jersey
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

G Murphy could be 15 yet! I expect he will be at the very least on the bench
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

johng wrote:Heard on the News that Earls has been released back to Munster.

Didn't they also say the Earls will be rejoining the squad on Wednesday?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Armchair wrote:G Murphy could be 15 yet! I expect he will be at the very least on the bench
In my team above I have him at 15. I believe Dekko will go for Kearney. (Who I don't think is playing well, but then again neither is Geordan)

As I said above I think it is him or Trimo for the bench.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Donny B. wrote:

Didn't hear that. But the release did not make sense to me, so you could be right.

Either he is injured (In which case say it) or he is dropped. What is the logic in having him train with Munster for 2 days?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

johng wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

Didn't hear that. But the release did not make sense to me, so you could be right.

Either he is injured (In which case say it) or he is dropped. What is the logic in having him train with Munster for 2 days?
Gametime against Australia. I don't think that match is sold out yet so a boost to the squad would be welcome. Earls has been injured so could do with a bit of gametime to prove himself, sharpen. He's probably not needed for NZ but a match tomorrow would be good for getting him a start against Argentina.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Forgot about Australia. :oops: Doh!