Kidney OUT

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Kidney OUT

Post by Cianostays »

sheepshagger wrote:
Munsterboy wrote: He has to be able to get the players to bond, put aside provincial rivalries etc., enjoy being together in camp and play their hearts out for one another. That was something that EOS, who was pretty strong technically, could not do.
For that reason he needs to be foreign - no provincial bullshit baggage (and No, I'm not suggesting Joe).
Certainly good logic there but Joe is an exceptional coach who should be, at the absoloute minimum, considered for the post if and or when DK leaves
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

Kidney is undoubtedly the most successful Irish coach of all time and I was a supporter of him being given the Irish job originally but now it is clear the players he has do not fit his system, he plays a style of rugby where rog exerts pressure by kicking the corners and taking zero risks with the ball in hand and the pack do the rest mauling and playing in pods but most vitally you need a monster 1st centre who gets over the gainline by sheer power running straight lines to give the forward pods a target hence kidneys Ireland would be better off with a Downey BOD axis in midfield. The worrying thing is this system can be played by any junior team in the country so hence it is not to difficult for Shaun Edward and the likes to figure out.
Add tobthat a south African forwards coach who played the most miserable outdated rugby ever seen to win a world cup and it's not hard to see that ireland areplaying rugby that is 5 years out of date. However I am encouraged by the penny and anscombe coming in next year to coach the other two provinces as this looks to me to be a fundamental shift in playing styles in Irish rugby to a kiwi way of doing things, hopefully these appointments have been dictated from the top and is part of a new strategy for Irish rugby where all provinces are playing the same way
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

lummix wrote:Kidney is undoubtedly the most successful Irish coach of all time and I was a supporter of him being given the Irish job originally but now it is clear the players he has do not fit his system, he plays a style of rugby where rog exerts pressure by kicking the corners and taking zero risks with the ball in hand and the pack do the rest mauling and playing in pods but most vitally you need a monster 1st centre who gets over the gainline by sheer power running straight lines to give the forward pods a target hence kidneys Ireland would be better off with a Downey BOD axis in midfield. The worrying thing is this system can be played by any junior team in the country so hence it is not to difficult for Shaun Edward and the likes to figure out.
Add tobthat a south African forwards coach who played the most miserable outdated rugby ever seen to win a world cup and it's not hard to see that ireland areplaying rugby that is 5 years out of date. However I am encouraged by the penny and anscombe coming in next year to coach the other two provinces as this looks to me to be a fundamental shift in playing styles in Irish rugby to a kiwi way of doing things, hopefully these appointments have been dictated from the top and is part of a new strategy for Irish rugby where all provinces are playing the same way

i was very sceptical when dk was appointed
i never rated him highly
he went up somewhat in my estimation in 2009
that year was clearly a fluke
as far as i can see he is a rubbish coach who lucked out in inheriting a team with a chip on its shoulder and keen to make amends for failure to deliver under the previous regime

we did win a grand slam before you know
kidney is no more successful than the coach back on that day

kidney presided over one very successful year
since then we have had occassional good results mixed with pure rubbish
and to add insult to injury we have to put up with his inane grin and cute hoor media mutterings

the sooner he fecks off the better

PS - a circus chimp could be the coach and get as good results as dk has conjured in the 2012 6N
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

4 more years!
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Post by brummie-leinster-man »

suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

brummie-leinster-man wrote:
suisse wrote:4 more years!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNdiXA5vvZ8
8:44 into this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AqAwLR15ZA
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Kiss and Smal with him.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

How dare people ask for Kidney's resignation. What he has done with Ireland is nothing short of amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPpv9lAtr8M
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

RoboProp wrote:How dare people ask for Kidney's resignation. What he has done with Ireland is nothing short of amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPpv9lAtr8M

soccerball talk! We should quietly accept our caste in Test rugby like good Proles.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Post by Rogocoko »

Does anybody have any good stats on Kidneys performance since he took over Ireland? Ie. world ranking, wins, losses, trys scored etc???
Munster. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.
Ultra Vires
Knowledgeable

Post by Ultra Vires »

We had a good winger (Earls) playing at inside centre.

We had a good inside centre (McFadden) playing on the wing.

We had a 6 (O'Brien) playing at 7.

We had a 7ish (O'Mahony) playing at 6.

We had a bitter, self-serving, old, sub-Rabo standard outhalf (ROG) on the field from the 50th minute, with an exciting young talent Madigan sitting at home playing Nintendo games.

We had a triple HC winning scrumhalf (Reddan) who knows Sexton inside out, paired up with ROG.

We had a slow, inexperienced scrumhalf (Murray) who is picked for no reason other than he looks like Mike Phillips, paired up with Sexton.

I'm not a coach but even I can see that none of the above makes sense. Now if it turned out that it was an ingenious plan and that it produced amazing results I could be put in my box. But it produced nothing. Zilch. Except another pasting by the All Blacks.

I predict that we will slip out of the top 8 rankings and be screwed for the next WC. Bravo Kidney. Take the most successful players we've ever had and bring us backwards. I've had enough of this bullsh*t.
The Bird is the Word
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

I have had 4 months off Conor Murray bashing.
Jaysus wept he was so shite again.
SLOW, PONDEROUS, BAD PASSER, TERRIBLE BOX KICKER, INDECISIVE, WRONG OPTIONS TIME AFTER TIME, 2 SCRUM ERRORS IN RIRST 10 MIN.
Have I missed anything?

I dont think Reddan is the answer but he is so far ahead of Murray.

Rant over till next Sat when the muppet picks Reddan and RoG
Comer Toes
Graduate

Post by Comer Toes »

Ultra Vires wrote:We had a good winger (Earls) playing at inside centre.

We had a bitter, self-serving, old, sub-Rabo standard outhalf (ROG) on the field from the 50th minute, with an exciting young talent Madigan sitting at home playing Nintendo games.

We had a triple HC winning scrumhalf (Reddan) who knows Sexton inside out, paired up with ROG.

We had a slow, inexperienced scrumhalf (Murray) who is picked for no reason other than he looks like Mike Phillips, paired up with Sexton.

I'm not a coach but even I can see that none of the above makes sense. Now if it turned out that it was an ingenious plan and that it produced amazing results I could be put in my box. But it produced nothing. Zilch. Except another pasting by the All Blacks.

I predict that we will slip out of the top 8 rankings and be screwed for the next WC. Bravo Kidney. Take the most successful players we've ever had and bring us backwards. I've had enough of this bullsh*t.
I'm intrigued! What's next? Not watching anymore Irish games? ...Or perhaps something more dramatic? Take Deccie out from the grassy knoll... It's like waiting for the next series of homeland.
Comer Toes
Graduate

Post by Comer Toes »

Blue not red blood wrote:I have had 4 months off Conor Murray bashing.
SLOW, PONDEROUS, BAD PASSER, TERRIBLE BOX KICKER, INDECISIVE, WRONG OPTIONS TIME AFTER TIME, 2 SCRUM ERRORS IN RIRST 10 MIN.
Have I missed anything?

As one of those who defended Murray's selection, has to be said he contributed very little. His pass is the best of the 3 SH options when he ships it on without delay but he didn't threaten the fringe once and box-kicks were mediocre at best. Decent defence to be fair.

I'd give Marshall a go as we know Eoin's limitations.
Experimental
Knowledgeable

Post by Experimental »

Kidney needs to go I totally agree with Ultra Vires. He has won a few games fine, but hes not winning now and I can help but feel disgust every time i see him. Please oh please can we get rid of Fr. Kidney and his bullshit one from ulster, one from connaught, one from leinster and one from munster selection policy, and repeating failed experiments.
Ultra Vires
Knowledgeable

Post by Ultra Vires »

Comer Toes wrote:
Ultra Vires wrote:We had a good winger (Earls) playing at inside centre.

I'm intrigued! What's next? Not watching anymore Irish games? ...Or perhaps something more dramatic? Take Deccie out from the grassy knoll... It's like waiting for the next series of homeland.
You're happy with the bullsh*t then?
The Bird is the Word
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Bring back EOS. Finally , all's been forgiven.

In other news, congrats to our own dod on getting hitched today.
I hope the vommit that was this morning didn't ruin the day.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Rogocoko wrote:Does anybody have any good stats on Kidneys performance since he took over Ireland? Ie. world ranking, wins, losses, trys scored etc???
Coach since July 2008....

By country

By Game

Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
D4Blue
Beginner

Post by D4Blue »

The multiverse consists of an infinite amount of all possible universes in which all possible realities are realised, none of which should include Declan Kidney as Ireland coach. Kidney Out (in this universe and all parallel universes too)
- Stephen Hawking
RichardP wrote: "BLAME kIDNEY"
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

Comer Toes wrote:
Blue not red blood wrote:I have had 4 months off Conor Murray bashing.
Have I missed anything?

As one of those who defended Murray's selection, has to be said he contributed very little. His pass is the best of the 3 SH options when he ships it on without delay but he didn't threaten the fringe once and box-kicks were mediocre at best. Decent defence to be fair.

I'd give Marshall a go as we know Eoin's limitations.
have you been smoking crack?

i don't think he is a bad sh, but at his delivery isn't as good as reddan and his physicality is only marginally better than boss who also provides better delivery

marshall is likely a better sh too, but he needs proper game time to know for sure

on a positive note he is better than tol
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill