Kidney OUT

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Re: Kidney OUT

Post by Jackie Brown »

rookie wrote:It will be interesting to see how we get on against a real team. Welsh rugby is in complete free fall.
Complete Bullshit![/quote]

Explain yourself[/quote]
If I need to explain myself, you need to be a bit more thinking, before you post cr@p like that.[/quote]

You can't then?
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

Jackie Brown wrote:
rookie wrote:It will be interesting to see how we get on against a real team. Welsh rugby is in complete free fall.
Complete Bullshit!
Explain yourself[/quote]
If I need to explain myself, you need to be a bit more thinking, before you post cr@p like that.[/quote]

You can't then?[/quote]
Oh Dear!
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

The amount of rubbish spouted on this thread never ceases to amaze me. Revisionism, manipulation of facts abound. Wales were GS champions ffs playing at home. You just can't win with some bitter people. I'm not a Kidney fan but he has more Rugby knowledge in his left elbow then some posters here.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Their provincial system is hemorrhaging players, they haven't won in 8 games, they lost to an Argie team we made look like amateurs.

They won the Grandslamlast year, they'll be challenging for the wooden spoon this year.

Is that not bit of a freefall?

Now explain your crass and obnoxious comment.
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

They are in freefall.

They're still a real team on their day but we have built them up through our incompetence. Decent, but not 3 for 3 against us good as they were until today. They are 0 from 8 against all comers. How is that not freefall? They have a tendency to win grandslams and then collapse, but this one is worse than usual.
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

desperado wrote:The amount of rubbish spouted on this thread never ceases to amaze me. Revisionism, manipulation of facts abound. Wales were GS champions ffs playing at home. You just can't win with some bitter people. I'm not a Kidney fan but he has more Rugby knowledge in his left elbow then some posters here.

+1 Maybe Jackie Brown will read your post. Let the enlightenment commence!
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Think 'Side in Freefall' a bit ott. But this is the first time Wales has lost 5 games on the trot at home. Seems to me to be a poor side when you set records like that.

What annoys me is where did the first half performance come from? Why could we not play like we did in the first half and like we did against Argentina all the time?

I am not sure we would have won more matches over the years but it would have been fun to watch.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

IanD wrote:Think 'Side in Freefall' a bit ott. But this is the first time Wales has lost 5 games on the trot at home. Seems to me to be a poor side when you set records like that.

What annoys me is where did the first half performance come from? Why could we not play like we did in the first half and like we did against Argentina all the time?

I am not sure we would have won more matches over the years but it would have been fun to watch.
I heard that stat in the game. I think that is in 130 years of Rugby :shock:
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

This better not be our only performance.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Comer Toes
Graduate

Post by Comer Toes »

berniemac67 wrote:
Comer Toes wrote:Great job by players and management today.
That is all.
i know that poite is the most useless ref on the planet, but weren't you watching the second half?? very poor indeed. 19 unanswered points by a team who are better than the argies, but not by much.

as good as the first 40 were the last 40 were abysmal. and before anybody says we showed guts/bottle/whatever to close it out - we lost the second half 19-7 against a team that will not finish in the top half of the 6N. we actually made wales look good at tiomes - fucksakes it even appeared that cuthbert could play!
If you think our second half performance was 'abysmal' you know f**k all about rugby.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Comer Toes wrote: If you think our second half performance was 'abysmal' you know f**k all about rugby.
Well it wasn't exactly scintillating either. We did some excellent defending, but it was stupid of us to invite Wales to run at us for half an hour. A lot of our kicking was indeed abysmal, we didn't want to hold onto the ball and we sat back on our lead and hoped that it'd be enough.

Obviously Wales stepped it up massively too, but we relinquished our dominance too easily nonetheless.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

berniemac67 wrote: before anybody says we showed guts/bottle/whatever to close it out - we lost the second half 19-7 against a team that will not finish in the top half of the 6N.
They won't finish in the top half because they lost to us and will probably lose to the English & French as well. Had we lost there'd be somebody on a Welsh site saying they lost the 1st half 3-23 to a side that won't finish in the top half of the 6N.

It was not a great 2nd half but we were down a man for half of it.

Overall I was impressed today & delighted that BO'D scored a try. We are very unprepared for his departure and will sorely miss him when he is gone.

A good start but still, Kidney out.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

Comer Toes wrote:
berniemac67 wrote:
Comer Toes wrote:Great job by players and management today.
That is all.
i know that poite is the most useless ref on the planet, but weren't you watching the second half?? very poor indeed. 19 unanswered points by a team who are better than the argies, but not by much.

as good as the first 40 were the last 40 were abysmal. and before anybody says we showed guts/bottle/whatever to close it out - we lost the second half 19-7 against a team that will not finish in the top half of the 6N. we actually made wales look good at tiomes - fucksakes it even appeared that cuthbert could play!
If you think our second half performance was 'abysmal' you know f**k all about rugby.
i'm sure it was a classic for the neutral, and we did win so that's good. but from a performance point of view that second half was pure shite. if we played 80 like that they would have thrashed us.

i guess you've been on the piss celebrating a game we ought to have won by 40+ and we were eventually lucky to escape with a win from. it may have done it for you. i thought it was shite because the performance made a mediocre team look good and came damn f%~king close to throwing away a 27 point lead in 37 minutes. if you thought the end of that match was anything other than abysmal then you are a rather poor judge yourself.

so we defended like lions, and that is perhaps praiseworthy. but we had to do this because we let them play and score 19 unanswered points (3 f%~king tries!). we put ourselves in a position of having to make 153 tackles. that welsh team are mediocre, and if the sum of our ambition is to beat them then we truly are f%~ked. if we do the same for 40 against england or france we will get our arses handed to us, and i suspect that scotland or italy would give us a good rattle too if we give them half the opportunities we gave the welsh.
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

No fan of kidney but if the team keep playing open exciting rugby like that he's welcome to stay. Were playing a completely different style of rugby, you'd wonder what his involvement in the gameplan now is
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

It's not so long ago that we were used to winning in Wales. It's a good result, especially in the context of the poor results before it.

We were reliant on moments of magic to score. BOD with his trademark spotting the gap and THAT pass, Best blocking down a kick, recovering it and flicking via Heaslip to Zebo who somehow controlled it.

I don't think Wales did anything particularly special for their tries.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

johng wrote:
IanD wrote:Think 'Side in Freefall' a bit ott. But this is the first time Wales has lost 5 games on the trot at home. Seems to me to be a poor side when you set records like that.

I heard that stat in the game. I think that is in 130 years of Rugby :shock:
There is a key difference, howley is not an international coach and Edwards is a busted flush - he's not even good enough for london Irish, never mind international rugby!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

So Ireland for the grand slam and a new contract for Deccie?

It would actually amuse me greatly if Ireland did win the grand slam this year, having the final match away in Italy scheduled for the lunchtime slot on the final day. Someone somewhere thinks Ireland will be out of it by then and that will be a nothing match to get out of the way before the big ones. I'd find it hilarious if the slam was in the bag by mid-afternoon and the 2 matches after are effectively dead rubbers.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Regardless of a Grand Slam, would DK want to stay? 5 years in the job is a long time and another contract would probably bring him up to 7 or 8 years which is a huge tenure for an international coach. I think DK should deserve credit for delivering silverware but I still don't think a new contract should be forthcoming. I don't see why three years of doom should be acceptable.

In saying that, I don't think we'll win a slam. A championship is a possibility with it hinging on next week but I see too many banana skins in our next 4 games for us not to slip.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

ceemec wrote:Regardless of a Grand Slam, would DK want to stay? 5 years in the job is a long time and another contract would probably bring him up to 7 or 8 years which is a huge tenure for an international coach. I think DK should deserve credit for delivering silverware but I still don't think a new contract should be forthcoming. I don't see why three years of doom should be acceptable.

In saying that, I don't think we'll win a slam. A championship is a possibility with it hinging on next week but I see too many banana skins in our next 4 games for us not to slip.
Winning the grand slam or championship could give Declan a life in rugby after the Irish coaching job, he'd be a fool to stay on here!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

sid wrote:
Comer Toes wrote: If you think our second half performance was 'abysmal' you know f**k all about rugby.
Well it wasn't exactly scintillating either. We did some excellent defending, but it was stupid of us to invite Wales to run at us for half an hour. A lot of our kicking was indeed abysmal, we didn't want to hold onto the ball and we sat back on our lead and hoped that it'd be enough.

Obviously Wales stepped it up massively too, but we relinquished our dominance too easily nonetheless.
Eeemmmm, I'd have to agree we were a bit cr@p for 10 mins after BOD scored. We let them back in by dropping the intensity and that was stupid. Wales didn't need asking twice. But we were playing with 14 men for most of the rest of the half, so I'm not sure what you were expecting (other than maybe Best and Murray not getting carded in the first place). Teams spend hours and hours running plays to create a one-man overlap/advantage for a few seconds. Wales had a one-man overlap for 20 minutes.

Incredible defence.