Kidney OUT

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Kidney OUT

Post by ronk »

No23 wrote:The captaincy does not suit Heaslip.
Poor performance today and really should have been given substituted..
O'Brien was injured. Even if it was a realistic move, it wasn't an option.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sid wrote:
He was poor today, but you can't judge his ability to captain the team based on one game.
There was an English player on the wrong side of every ruck, Jamie should have talked to the ref and given him more to think about. Seemed very quiet from where I was sitting. I haven't seen him drop the ball twice ona season from restarts, very odd that he did it in today's match!

As for the coach, from the selection of O'Gara which was an embarrassment, I actually felt sorry for the lad he was so far out of his depth, to the replacement at the last line out - a shortened line out, new prop on the pitch, doh, I wonder where the ball is going? - he was pretty clueless. I've been thinking long and hard and I don't have a clue what the game plan was today. It mainly seemed to involve kicking the ball too long and hoping the English would drop it. Awful day the office.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Flash Gordon wrote:
sid wrote:
He was poor today, but you can't judge his ability to captain the team based on one game.
There was an English player on the wrong side of every ruck, Jamie should have talked to the ref and given him more to think about. Seemed very quiet from where I was sitting. I haven't seen him drop the ball twice ona season from restarts, very odd that he did it in today's match!

As for the coach, from the selection of O'Gara which was an embarrassment, I actually felt sorry for the lad he was so far out of his depth, to the replacement at the last line out - a shortened line out, new prop on the pitch, doh, I wonder where the ball is going? - he was pretty clueless. I've been thinking long and hard and I don't have a clue what the game plan was today. It mainly seemed to involve kicking the ball too long and hoping the English would drop it. Awful day the office.
It worked in 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11
bluemad
Beginner

Post by bluemad »

I had the earpiece on for the full match so I could pick up a lot of what was being said and I rarely heard Jamie talk to the ref throughout the match.
"Remember that rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Jonah." FAX to the All Blacks before the 1995 World Cup semi-final.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

After today, Kidney should either have the decency to walk way when his contract is up or the IRFU should have the balls to sack him. This cannot continue any longer.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

nc6000 wrote:After today, Kidney should either have the decency to walk way when his contract is up or the IRFU should have the balls to sack him. This cannot continue any longer.
This won't be a big deal. There are 3 matches left.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

The Kidney Clock broke the 100 day mark after the game.

http://kidneyclock.net/

99 days, 20 hours 59 minutes, 53 seconds.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Kidney must go, heaslip was poor yesterday.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

We really have to sort out our terrible home form for a start. We've now lost a home 6N game to every team bar Italy since 2010, then there's the other poor displays and losses to South Africa, England and France in non 6N games.
There is something wrong with the mentality or mental strength of the team. Think about all the games we've managed to throw away or nearly throw away. A missed penalty away from losing the GS in 09; losing to Scotland at home in the triple crown game in 2010, after starting well and being ahead; being awful in the WC QF in 2011; getting a big lead in Paris last year and letting it slip; getting 30-3 ahead last week in Wales and ending up hanging on - and yesterday we get back from 6-0 to 6-6 with a man advantage. building momentum.. and then concede possession, territory and points and England win comfortably.
You can make excuses for any of these games individually - but there's plenty more games you could include as examples, it consistently happens.
Dont Panic!
Bitter As a Lemon
Knowledgeable

Post by Bitter As a Lemon »

How long before you blame Kidney for the "Horsemeat" fiasco?

How can you blame Kidney for Heaslip's ineptitude as capt?
How can you blame Kidney for Heaslip costing us 6 points?
How can you blame Kidney for the amount of knock-on's?
How can you blame Kidney for Sexton getting injured?
How can you blame Kidney for ROG's pick as sub OH, when NONE of the alternatives are first choice in their province, even Paddy Jackson isn't trusted in Ulster. Where have Madigan and Keatley shown they can run games against top oppostion?

Yes, we have seemed rudderless is the past, but last week, against Wales we turned a corner, yesterday against England was a complete clusterfuck, and I feel let down by the senior players on the pitch, who should have recognised what England were doing, in playing percentage rugby.
awol
Bookworm

Post by awol »

How long before you blame Kidney for the "Horsemeat" fiasco?

How can you blame Kidney for ROG's pick as sub OH, when NONE of the alternatives are first choice in their province, even Paddy Jackson isn't trusted in Ulster. Where have Madigan and Keatley shown they can run games against top oppostion?
I think Kidney has to bear the responsibility for Irelands Game plan. Yesterday and for quite a while there does not appear to be one.
The players occasionally come out and appear to ignore him and put in a massive performance, but there is absolutely no consistency.
We can sack the players, but are there better replacements? I dont think so. Is there a better replacement for the Coach? Definitely.

In short, the Ireland Team have not improved year on year throughout his reign as coach, which is one (but not all) of the main benchmarks. Quite the reverse.

He needs to take responsibility for his actions, his strategies and his planning just not working.
Unfortunately in professional rugby this would mean losing a job he has not done well.
Wexford man stuck in Cork....
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote:How long before you blame Kidney for the "Horsemeat" fiasco?

Who picked the captain? Funnily enough Heaslip doesn't have problems captaining a well coached team. One loss in ten I think, and you've seen a good few of his wins up close

A figment of your imagination. The penalties we conceded that were scored from were conceded by Healy, Ryan and Heaslip (ref names both for being offside at a maul), Best, Kearney and O'Gara. At worst, he cost us one and a half points
I have Bumbleflex
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote:How long before you blame Kidney for the "Horsemeat" fiasco?

Yes, we have seemed rudderless is the past, but last week, against Wales we turned a corner, yesterday against England was a complete clusterfuck, and I feel let down by the senior players on the pitch, who should have recognised what England were doing, in playing percentage rugby.
As I say, you can quote mitigating factors for any of the individual games, which you've just proved. However, years of consistent underperformance cannot just be put down to individual errors, injuries, ref decisions etc..etc..
Dont Panic!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

The only thing on your list that anyone is blaming Kidney for is the selection of RO'G on the bench.

Kidney is primarily being blamed for the game plan (hoof it away and hope they drop it) and the lack of any ability to adapt to England's defence and game plan. Kidney has been rolling out the same game plan since 2009. It worked 4 years ago and, bar the odd massive performance, hasn't worked since.

Why are you happy to accept mediocrity at international level? If Munster or Leinster were playing as badly as Ireland and returning such poor results there'd be no mercy for their coaches.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

I'd also dispute that we turned a corner last week, looking at yesterdays game.
Dont Panic!
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote: How can you blame Kidney for ROG's pick as sub OH, when NONE of the alternatives are first choice in their province, even Paddy Jackson isn't trusted in Ulster.
Jackson has started every important game for Ulster this season except the last HEC match in Castres where he wasn't fit due to a dead leg sustained the week before but they still have to bring him on with 30 minutes left as they were in danger of losing. He has absolutely been their first choice outhalf this season.

One of the most damning and absolutely inexcusable aspects of Kidney's tenure has been his utter failure to blood a back up outhalf. Now we are looking at the possibility of playing a guy whose about to turn 36 for the remaining games. I wouldn't care even if Jackson wasn't starting HEC rugby. I'd play him or Madigan ahead of ROG. ROG is simply too slow to line out any longer. Not in terms of being a breaking threat but he's like a snail trying to deal with a defence in his face and doesn't have the footwork either to rescue himself.

The fact that Gilroy is selected despite not being first choice for his province suggests that DK doesn't see that problem as a deal breaker.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Jackson is injured, he should never have started the Wolfhounds
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote: Yes, we have seemed rudderless is the past, but last week, against Wales we turned a corner, yesterday against England was a complete clusterfuck, and I feel let down by the senior players on the pitch, who should have recognised what England were doing, in playing percentage rugby.

Sorry but we are on the same roundabout we have always been on. Dross, dross, dross, good performance, dross, dross, dross, dross, dross, good performance....repeat ad nauseam. By not putting any blame on the coach what you are actually saying is he doesnt have a role at all so why have one or pay one? Till now it seems he is the only person who isnt effected by our inability to perform to a certain standard regularly. Players can be dropped and hung out to dry in the media, assistant coaches can be blamed for their roles in a performance not coming good eg defence coach, scrum coach, attack coach but the guy who oversees everything is above any blame. Please!!
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Since the Australia game, we have played sides from the top 8 in the world on ten occasions. We have won once.

One from ten.

That was against a depleted and exhausted Argentine side. There's no way that any logical argument can be made for the retention of DK.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us