Kidney OUT

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Kidney OUT

Post by simonokeeffe »

Kiss and Smal probably typing up cv's anyway right now

Foley has a good chance of being shoehorned in, although seems to have done well, as an indigenous coach (and Munster coach if Joe gets main gig)
Foley knows probable Munster job for him at some stage in 2014
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

janeymac08 wrote:
suisse wrote:Do the IRFU release their wage figures? Does anyone know how much Browne gets paid to answer to one of the 3 Muppets, Pa Whelan.
Nothing - he doesn't answer to Pa Whelan. He answers to Glynn, Grace & Crowley - Glynn is from Connacht & Grace & Crowley are Leinster.
Grace has been holding the purse strings for a long, long time now. And of course his fellow clubman from St Mary's (Wigglesworth) doesn't seem to be answerable to anyone.

I remember reading what Browne was on (in an article on how overpaid John Delaney was in comparison to Browne & the GAA Gen. Sec). Can't remember what it was exactly, but I remember thinking it was modest enough.
OK, but Pa is on the wise men table that sits with the international coach the week of a game to discuss the tactics? So, who is his boss?

Grace's position as the man holding the purse strings came out a lot in the Sexton to Racing saga. Your contract is up, talk to your agent, you get one meeting with Grace and there is no negotiation.

Classic
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

suisse wrote:the wise men table that sits with the international coach the week of a game to discuss the tactics
This is being done away with and being replaced by a new professional role according to Browne last night on OTB.
Last edited by Broken Wing on April 3rd, 2013, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Broken Wing wrote:
suisse wrote:the wise men table that sits with the international coach the week of a game to discuss the tactics
This is being done away with and beng replaced by a new professional role according to Browne last night on OTB.
:happy clapper:
I think all credit should go to Bluestalk's journalistic integrity and unflinching questioning of the system!!!

KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT!!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Broken Wing wrote:
This is being done away with and beng replaced by a new professional role according to Browne last night on OTB.
Its definitely a good opportunity to look at the model in its entirity and particularly the governance. There are definitely questions and challenges that a CEO should be asking of both the on field and off field activities.

Personally, I'd like to see someone brought from outside Ireland to do that......
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Broken Wing wrote:
just like the new scrum coach & strength and conditioning coach. Beleive nothing question everything!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Armchair wrote:
Broken Wing wrote:
This is being done away with and being replaced by a new professional role according to Browne last night on OTB.
just like the new scrum coach & strength and conditioning coach. Beleive nothing question everything!
He was asked about the scrum coach and said that while they had wanted one full time they were now of the opinion that they could use someone on a part time consultancy basis. I'm sure it's all podcast. It was on around 7:45 - 8.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

96 pages and well on its way to 2000 contributions. That is some discussion. The quality has been mixed but it has been fun. Now the man is gone it is time to say goodbye. Time to move to other threads to discuss the future and leave DK in the past. It appears he has a teaching job to go back to but I would suggest to the school that they do not let him near their rugby team.

History will judge him and I live in hope that we can win a few GS in the next few years so that his does not become a story of legend and a play down in the bogs. He always appeared to be a decent honest man but I think he suffered from being elevated to a job just beyond his ability.

Good luck to him in whatever he does as long as it has nothing to do with Leinster or Irish rugby. He had his time now it is passed.
mikerob
Mullet

Post by mikerob »

Broken Wing wrote:
He said they were looking to recruit a Performance Director position... he didn't say who this person would be accountable to.

Will the amateur turkeys vote for Christmas and withdraw from the organisation? Or will the likes of Pa Whelan just come up with different committee names, hire a patsy they can blame if things go wrong and keep on doing what they are doing?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Kidney can be summed up with 'what have you done for me lately?'
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon