France V Ireland

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Re: France V Ireland

Post by Hippo »

hugonaut wrote:
ceemec wrote:Doing a round up of the papers ahead of the match. Can't get my head around ROG's interview and how he comes out with this stuff without being told to put a sock in it. I've no problem with a player wanting to be picked or confident in his own abilities but for such a drawn out, high profile affair as the ROG/Sexton debate it's dense that he comes out with some of his comments. Completely undermines Sexton's selection by saying:

“I’d love to say that if you’re 17 or 37, the best players get picked but there are other considerations. You have to build for the future; build players and build their confidence."

i.e. Jonny's only getting picked ahead of me because they need to build for the future. Elsewhere in the article he admits that their relationship wasn't great when they first started training together. Is it any wonder, ROG?
ROG fighting his battles in the papers again? My personal favourite was "you're not a rugby player until you've played in Stade de France".
Yes it's all got very tiresome now, as when RTE cut away to ROG every time Sexton puts a foot wrong. I know he's not to blame for that, but this kind of interview is just ridiculous and he's sounding increasingly like a complete arsehole
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

I'd honestly say that the interview is just RO'G believing he is still good enough to start for Ireland rather than a deliberate attempt to undermine Sexton.

Even if it's a deliberate attempt to undermine Johnny (I honestly don't think it is) he's got to put this sort of stuff to one side and produce a definitive performance that screams "that jersey is mine". Today would be an awesome time to do it 8)
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

O'Gara's self confidence has veered into pure delusional fantasy. He must read the fawning match reports rather than watch the video nasties back.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Our back row well invloved early doors.........stating the obvious but we cant be leaving 3 pointers behind us here.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Maith thú Tommy.................
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

we'll take that!!

looking well on D so far, good aggressive start
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Unlucky in a sense on that penalty, we had no-one to ruck against! Feeling less pessimistic right now.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Fantastic aggression in defence from everyone :clap: . We've got to keep it going. Huge steal from SO'B to start the that move for Bowe's 2nd try. We need to keep up the press/rush defence for the 2nd half.

Murray and Sexton are playing well together.

We've got a chance here people :clap: :clap:

COME ON IRELAND
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Kidney pulls it out just in time to save his bacon...
Anyone But New Zealand
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Comedy dave strikes again - misses the forward pass
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Hate to see that, Murray had a particularly strong defensive game. Don't know why we waited so long for Ryan to come on.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

I don't understand why best is still on.
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

No thanks to Blind Dave and that pompous, risen without trace, clown Barnes.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Why the change of defensive tactics at half time? Went from the rush defence to the passive defence. Nonsensical call from Kidney. We didn't deserve the draw.
Anyone But New Zealand
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Frustrating not to hold out in the end but a huge defensive effort. Proud of the boys. Super Rob MOM for me. He was outstanding :clap:

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Left that behind, a functional lineout and we could have won that. Great intensity. I would have put court on earlier, replaced Jamie who looked tiref rather than Sean.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

with Paulie on that one, disappointing result given the halftime score.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Cianostays wrote:Frustrating not to hold out in the end but a huge defensive effort. Proud of the boys. Super Rob MOM for me. He was outstanding :clap:
Ditto - he's showing some great form
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Why were we attacking so far wide with that many french jerseys in front of us? Surely not a pre-match coaching decision. And if not, then why are the players not smart enough/coached enough to stop trying a failing tactic?
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

mikey wrote:
Cianostays wrote:Frustrating not to hold out in the end but a huge defensive effort. Proud of the boys. Super Rob MOM for me. He was outstanding :clap:
Ditto - he's showing some great form
Schmidt's influenece in his counter attacking baring fruit for Ireland.