IRFU & no 16th man at the Aviva

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

simplythebest
Enlightened

Re: IRFU & no 16th man at the Aviva

Post by simplythebest »

janeymac08 wrote:I gave up going to Leinster games though when the crowd looked and sounded a bit too pleased to see Peter Stringer being carted off on a stretcher.
That's a load of balderdash. Everyone I know has nothing but respect for Stringer.
Even if he doesn't drink, smoke, curse or chase fallen wimen
LEINSTER pour toujours
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

simplythebest wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:I gave up going to Leinster games though when the crowd looked and sounded a bit too pleased to see Peter Stringer being carted off on a stretcher.
That's a load of balderdash. Everyone I know has nothing but respect for Stringer.
He's winding you up Simply. He is referring to the game where everyone was chanting Luuuuuuke, and munster fans interpreted it as booooooing Stringer.
I think it was the last time they beat us in Dublin. 2008. Perhaps that's why he gave up visiting us. :wink:
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

simplythebest wrote:
Should have said a section of the crowd (housed under the Anglesea stand). They were shushed by the way, but I'd never heard/seen anything like that at a match before.
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

johng wrote:
simplythebest wrote:
He's winding you up Simply. He is referring to the game where everyone was chanting Luuuuuuke, and munster fans interpreted it as booooooing Stringer.
I think it was the last time they beat us in Dublin. 2008. Perhaps that's why he gave up visiting us. :wink:
The usual thing is to clap when someone is being carted off on a streter. Play was stopped, was Luuuuuuke fixing his hair or something that his name would be chanted :roll:

PS - Munster rarely won in Dublin.
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

berniemac67 wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:
Bernie, I'll type slowly for you. Sexton isn't popular with a lot of the general public because they think he was very disrespectful to O'Gara. The long and the short of that is that if he is able to dish out abuse, people expect him to be able to take it as he has demonstrated that it is a a mode of communications that he seems at ease with.

you can't type slowly enough to make sense

poor rog, he needs sympathy and protection because that horrible man was mean to him :lol:

even my 6 year old is more grown up than that
As far as I understand it, ROG couldn't give a rats arse about the public not loving him ... now young johnny seems to find it a bit more difficult to deal with (I didn't start the thread about ROG getting a hard time from them from the pale, I'm just explaining why johnny might be getting a hard time from them ones down south (& every where else as well) )
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

janeymac08 wrote:Should have said a section of the crowd (housed under the Anglesea stand). They were shushed by the way, but I'd never heard/seen anything like that at a match before.
I don't believe that. What's the story Janeymac, are you wumming again or are you just totally paranoid?
LEINSTER pour toujours
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

simplythebest wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:Should have said a section of the crowd (housed under the Anglesea stand). They were shushed by the way, but I'd never heard/seen anything like that at a match before.
I don't believe that. What's the story Janeymac, are you wumming again or are you just totally paranoid?
I'm not the paranoid one here. Its no biggie, I used to go to Leinster games regularly (not just when Munster were involved) and I don't go anymore. I'm sure I'm no loss. Simple.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

janeymac08 wrote: I used to go to Leinster games regularly (not just when Munster were involved) and I don't go anymore. I'm sure I'm no loss. Simple.
Well, there's something we can all agree on.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

janeymac08 wrote:
simplythebest wrote:
I'm not the paranoid one here. Its no biggie, I used to go to Leinster games regularly (not just when Munster were involved) and I don't go anymore. I'm sure I'm no loss. Simple.
Did one of the tiny mini skirts or fake tanned goosepimpled legs reject your affectionate passes? :oops:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

janeymac08 wrote:. They were shushed by the way, but I'd never heard/seen anything like that at a match before.
You weren't in Musgrave the day TOL got injured against the Scarlets before the Lions tour then?
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

I love the way this thread has gone from the lack of support at Lansdowne impacting on the Irish side to Leinster fans are evil.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Broken Wing wrote:I love the way this thread has gone from the lack of support at Lansdowne impacting on the Irish side to Leinster fans are evil.
If lansdowne t'was mauved ta Tipp'rary ar Wat'rford t'wouldnt be n'issue.
Daniel Sullivan
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

This thread should now be moved into the General section under "In need of a laugh". It's brilliant!! Has really brightened up my day :lol: Many thanks to one particular poster who's on my ignore list but gets quoted a lot.
Dont Panic!
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

Broken Wing wrote:I love the way this thread has gone from the lack of support at Lansdowne impacting on the Irish side to Leinster fans are evil.
Lots of the blame game doing the rounds:

4th post on this thread:
I heard lots of jeering and sections of the crowd laughing when Sexton was preparing to take kicks at goal, anybody know what that was about?
6th post
The jeering happens every game. Punter behind me didn't say a peep except when Jonno missed a kick he shouted "No", but the glee in his voice really said "Yes"

I hate the Aviva. I've decide to call it the Aviva after persisting with LR for a while now, but Lansdowne Road is dead and this horrible, bloated, zombie stands in her place
The attitude to Sexton from certain sections of the crowd has been a problem for quite a while now, and it seems to me that he's a target in a way that few other (Irish) players are. They don't like him at all down south, as anyone who's attended our games at Mordor could testify. This is a new phenomenon, ROG never had to deal with anything like that at the same stage of his career.
Don't be going into the kitchen if you can't take the heat. :wink:
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

janeymac08 wrote:
Lots of the blame game doing the rounds:

4th post on this thread:
I heard lots of jeering and sections of the crowd laughing when Sexton was preparing to take kicks at goal, anybody know what that was about?
6th post
The jeering happens every game. Punter behind me didn't say a peep except when Jonno missed a kick he shouted "No", but the glee in his voice really said "Yes"

I hate the Aviva. I've decide to call it the Aviva after persisting with LR for a while now, but Lansdowne Road is dead and this horrible, bloated, zombie stands in her place
The attitude to Sexton from certain sections of the crowd has been a problem for quite a while now, and it seems to me that he's a target in a way that few other (Irish) players are. They don't like him at all down south, as anyone who's attended our games at Mordor could testify. This is a new phenomenon, ROG never had to deal with anything like that at the same stage of his career.
Don't be going into the kitchen if you can't take the heat. :wink:
So this entire post does nothing but emphasise BW's point, yet you take it as some sort of Leinster/Munster thing? :clap:
Daniel Sullivan
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

When Leinster played Tolouse there, it was one of the best atmospheres i've experienced in any game. Generally the atmosphere there has been very good with Leinster, with the exception of the awful peno fest v Munster this season.

Must just be an Irish thing...
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

[Jackass] wrote:When Leinster played Tolouse there, it was one of the best atmospheres i've experienced in any game. Generally the atmosphere there has been very good with Leinster, with the exception of the awful peno fest v Munster this season.

Must just be an Irish thing...
It's a darby thing. (Yes I know it's spelt derby. Bit of a Clerk Clark thing)

The world over, where 2 big sports clubs are in proximity there is always niggle.
D4Blue
Beginner

Post by D4Blue »

Sounds doubtful given that you've probably been to many games in Limerick. I was in the terraces there for the final last year surrounded by "The most knowledgable fans in rugby" hurling abuse at whichever Leinster player was holding the ball at the time (when they weren't telling us to put our stupid f***ing flags away that is).
RichardP wrote: "BLAME kIDNEY"
alterego
Knowledgeable

Post by alterego »

johng wrote:
simplythebest wrote:
Was that the game he vacated after headbutting/running into one of his own players ??

I've no respect for Stringer after the Holwell incident. I would't boo him, but what goes around comes around.

A.T. D. Weller