Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Citings

Post by sarah_lennon »

Assistant Referee's conclusion - Yellow Card Offence
Disciplinary Panel's conclusion - High End Red Card

Even allowing for mitigation - i.e. real time and off the ball this is a glaring error of judgment by Colourblind Dave
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
mikerob
Mullet

Post by mikerob »

Main consequence for Pearson could be downgrading from the IRB's list of referees. He will be refing the France v Ireland game this weekend but didn't have any more 6N appointments.

I don't know if there would be an impact other competitions.
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Post by brummie-leinster-man »

mikerob wrote:Main consequence for Pearson could be downgrading from the IRB's list of referees. He will be refing the France v Ireland game this weekend but didn't have any more 6N appointments.

What ever happened to the touch judge that told Kaplan Wales used the right ball? I don't think I've seen him since.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Even allowing for mitigation - i.e. real time and off the ball this is a glaring error of judgment by Colourblind Dave
Had Pearson been any closer to the incident he would have broken Ryans fall.
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Pretty light sentence in my view. That kind of tackle is every bit as dangerous as sticking your hand in someone's eye. At least that b@stard Davies will miss the rest of the 6N. I gather he's a pretty nasty character who gets in as many brawls off the pitch as on it. Hope he enjoys watching the tournament from his couch.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
mikerob
Mullet

Post by mikerob »

brummie-leinster-man wrote:
mikerob wrote:Main consequence for Pearson could be downgrading from the IRB's list of referees. He will be refing the France v Ireland game this weekend but didn't have any more 6N appointments.

What ever happened to the touch judge that told Kaplan Wales used the right ball? I don't think I've seen him since.
Peter Allen. AFAIK he has had no more international appointments. He wouldn't have been good enough to get a RWC appointment - even ok refs like Alan Lewis didn't get one - but Allen could have expected to get one for this year's 6N but for his booboo last year.
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

mikerob wrote:

Peter Allen. AFAIK he has had no more international appointments. He wouldn't have been good enough to get a RWC appointment - even ok refs like Alan Lewis didn't get one - but Allen could have expected to get one for this year's 6N but for his booboo last year.
Fair enough though really. If anything were to happen to Pearson in terms of downgrading it doubt we'd hear anything. We'd just probably not see him much (please God :lol: )
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

FERRIS CLEARED!!!!! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

brummie-leinster-man wrote:FERRIS CLEARED!!!!! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:

right call
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Does everyone who gets banned have some weeks deducted? It seems to that noone ever serves the actual designated ban (as determined by the disciplinary panel). Even Delon Armitage got weeks taken off for good behaviour (on more than one occasion). Is there any particular reason why Davies should have his ban nearly halved? Does anyone remember anyone who didn't get time off??
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

I have heard on good authority that the disciplinary committee said that it should not have been a penalty and have criticised Mr Barnes!
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Scott wrote:
brummie-leinster-man wrote:FERRIS CLEARED!!!!! :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:

right call
Yeah for sure. I did think he'd get a week or so...it seems pointless to cite him and then clear him in the space of a day but hey, I'll take it :lol:
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Scott wrote:

right call
Yeah for sure. I did think he'd get a week or so...it seems pointless to cite him and then clear him in the space of a day but hey, I'll take it :lol:

yeah was very odd that he was ever citied. wired
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

Perhaps the siting was intended to achieve the eventual result.
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Probably just a warning shot with it being the first week of the tournament. IRB just letting other players know what could potentially happen if they try tackling dangerously
RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

Post by RavenhillRaider »

Scott wrote:yeah was very odd that he was ever citied. wired
Is there not an automatic citing upon receiving a card? Yellow or red?
BOD is GOD!
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

Makes more sense!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Scott wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:
Had Pearson been any closer to the incident he would have broken Ryans fall.

I'm massively playing Devil's advocate. I don't actually think he's any excuse, I think he's a bottler and he's completely incompetent
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

RavenhillRaider wrote:
Scott wrote:yeah was very odd that he was ever citied. wired
Is there not an automatic citing upon receiving a card? Yellow or red?

did not think so for a yellow.

also the ireland team manager said in a post match interview that they spoke with the match official and did not expect a citing
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

I'm pretty sure its up to a citing commissioner to decide if a player gets cited. I'm struggling to think of exact examples but I seem to recall one or two cases where a player was cited without being carded during the game itself....I'm open to correction here though.