Team V NZ 1st test. 2012

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Team V NZ 1st test. 2012

Post by Oldschool »

Yawn
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Team V NZ 1st test. 2012

Post by sarah_lennon »

Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Yay!

WARNING: May contain traces of sarcasm.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

On another note, I'm loving the petulant child look being sported by Healy on the engagement, that'll put the kiwis right off
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Ouch
Comer Toes
Graduate

Post by Comer Toes »

Thornley's team in today's IT

IRELAND (possible): R Kearney; A Trimble, B O’Driscoll (capt), G D’Arcy, K Earls; J Sexton, C Murray; C Healy, R Best, M Ross or D Fitzpatrick, D O’Callaghan, D Ryan, S O’Brien, P O’Mahony, J Heaslip. Replacements: S Cronin, D Fitzpatrick or R Loughney, D Tuohy, C Henry, E Reddan, R O’Gara, F McFadden
Comer Toes
Graduate

Post by Comer Toes »

Thornley's off the mark this time by the way...
There are a few surprises in store!!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Maybe feeding GT the wrong team will finally cause a rift between him and Deccie and he can start acting like a journalist again instead of the PR guy.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
bonzo
Learner

Post by bonzo »

Comer Toes wrote:Thornley's off the mark this time by the way...
From your mouth to Kidney's ear and all that. It sounds like Feek would like at least one change from Thornley's team - from Thornley's article in today's IT:
Dexy's wrote:Regarding Fitzpatrick, Feek added: “If you look at his physique, he’s got quite narrow shoulders, so that’s a little difficult to scrum against. He’s all ‘quads’, and he’s smart. He knows what’s going on there and the beauty of it is that if he does start he’s got Rory (Best) next to him, which is his old mate from Ulster, and Dan Tuohy behind him if he starts, or Donncha O’Callaghan or Mike McCarthy, who are quite good scrummagers. So at least he’s got that comfort around him as well if he does start.”
("Quite good scrummagers" is some pretty effective damning with faint praise!)
Comer Toes
Graduate

Post by Comer Toes »

bonzo wrote:
From your mouth to Kidney's ear and all that. It sounds like Feek would like at least one change from Thornley's team - from Thornley's article in today's IT:
Dexy's wrote:Regarding Fitzpatrick, Feek added: “If you look at his physique, he’s got quite narrow shoulders, so that’s a little difficult to scrum against. He’s all ‘quads’, and he’s smart. He knows what’s going on there and the beauty of it is that if he does start he’s got Rory (Best) next to him, which is his old mate from Ulster, and Dan Tuohy behind him if he starts, or Donncha O’Callaghan or Mike McCarthy, who are quite good scrummagers. So at least he’s got that comfort around him as well if he does start.”
You've got one! 2 more to go...
Comer Toes
Graduate

Post by Comer Toes »

Kearney, Ferg, Earls, BOD, Zebo, Sexton, Murray
Healy, Best, Fitzpatrick (tbc), Ryan, Tuohy, SOB, POM, Heaslip
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Comer Toes wrote:
bonzo wrote:
You've got one! 2 more to go...

The best sh in the country??

I told myself i didn't give a shite what Kidney did this month.... but i just cant help myself coming back for more
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

If he starts Murray and Zebo I'm giving up on the national team until hes gone.
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Comer Toes wrote:Kearney, Ferg, Earls, BOD, Zebo, Sexton, Murray
Can't see that being the team tbh. The pack I wouldn't mind, even if there is an arguement for SOB to be kept at 7 - I'm sure there will be plenty on here will complain if POM starts but there really isn't much between Henry/POM/McL at this stage and hopefully all will see decent game time during teh three games

Reddan should probably start ahead of Murray. BOD and Earls in the centres would be a bold and good move to my mind. Cannot see Zebo starting and can't not see Trimble starting
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

I dont necessarily agree with the guys he brought eg Zebo but he did bring them so we should play them and see what their made off.

The England Tour of Hell in 1998 will be remembered for the hidings they got but it also was where Johnny Wilkinson shone in an impossible scenario as a kid and they were able to cut alot of guys away after who ultimately were not good enough.

If we can unearth a gem and clear out some guys who are never gonna be up to it probably the replacement props (but maybe one will shine...or hopefully!!) it will be worthwhile.

Hiding to nothing the majority of informed people think we will lose the series 3-0 im glad he has made some changes even if I dont neccessarily agree with the exact personnell selected.

NB Of course it depends on whether the team Comer Toes has comes to fruition.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

I'd be delighted if he picked that team, just because it would be a breath of fresh air. Would prefer to see Reddan at 9 given the experimental natuire of the back line but feck it, at least we'd see some lads sink or swim. Not a hope we'd win but we'd learn a thing or two.
We're all red on the inside.
bonzo
Learner

Post by bonzo »

Munsterboy wrote:
I'd be delighted if he picked that team, just because it would be a breath of fresh air. Would prefer to see Reddan at 9 given the experimental natuire of the back line but feck it, at least we'd see some lads sink or swim. Not a hope we'd win but we'd learn a thing or two.
Agree, it's important not just because it keeps the squad on their toes (and finally makes the call on DO'C) but because it makes it harder for NZ to prepare for us - one of the big problems with a set in stone team is that it makes the analysis too easy for opponents.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

bonzo wrote:
Munsterboy wrote:
Agree, it's important not just because it keeps the squad on their toes (and finally makes the call on DO'C) but because it makes it harder for NZ to prepare for us - one of the big problems with a set in stone team is that it makes the analysis too easy for opponents.
....well that and the stagnant game plan.

Still, much and all as I want rid of DK I can't help myself, I will be up and supporting the team on Saturday. I'd never forgive myself if we pull off 'the big one' and I was comatose in the scratcher.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It would be a bold selection and therefore I'd be in favour of it too. Just to give us something to shout for.

Here's hoping some of the stagnation and lack of excitement surrounding the Irish team gets blown away. No matter who he picks and how we play I'll still be shouting loud.
Comer Toes
Graduate

Post by Comer Toes »

Golf Man wrote:
Can't see that being the team tbh. The pack I wouldn't mind, even if there is an arguement for SOB to be kept at 7 - I'm sure there will be plenty on here will complain if POM starts but there really isn't much between Henry/POM/McL at this stage and hopefully all will see decent game time during teh three games

Reddan should probably start ahead of Murray. BOD and Earls in the centres would be a bold and good move to my mind. Cannot see Zebo starting and can't not see Trimble starting
It's fact, trust me