NZ V Ireland 2nd Test

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: NZ V Ireland 2nd Test

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:That DG attempt is the biggest compliment the All Blacks have paid us
We should have gone for the same option a couple of minutes ago. That's game management, that's what you do when you get into a tight game, you go for points any points.
Last edited by Oldschool on June 16th, 2012, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

nelly the elephant wrote:He's a remarkably mean-spirited pr!*k Richie McCaw.......great player and all but his whole synopsis on the game is about their mistakes....no credit at all for the team that was handing them their arses at times!
Morale canon fodder for us for next week.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

munster#1 wrote:you have to feel for the entire ireland camp, a fair few of those players/coaches may never have a better chance to beat nz.

Some issues with the scrum, is it coaching or players?

Kidney was very good today, tactics and use of bench was flawless.
Hopefully next week will be better
A stopped clock gets the time right twice a day!
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

FLIP wrote:
Dexter wrote:
FLIP wrote:We really should have won that. The worst the ABs have played in years and we still can't get over the line.
That was because we made them play like that.
I really have to disagree. If we can make the all blacks play like that, then why do we struggle to make other teams play like that? It was just an off night for the blacks. We didn't take enough of an advantage.

best irish performance in a long time

i'd call that a better performance than australia 2011 or england 2010, shame the result was a sickener

if dk is true to form we'll be shite and concede 50+ next week. if we back today up next week we may have to give him some credit
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Thought our backrow got the better of theirs today. Seanie was immense, Heaslip was excellent and Kev brought a real physicality to the rucks. POM did well when he came on too in fairness.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

FLIP wrote:
Dexter wrote:
FLIP wrote:We really should have won that. The worst the ABs have played in years and we still can't get over the line.
I really have to disagree. If we can make the all blacks play like that, then why do we struggle to make other teams play like that? It was just an off night for the blacks. We didn't take enough of an advantage.
Nah, don't believe the Ritchie McCaw propoganda bullsh*t, which conveniently ignored the fact that Ireland outplayed NZ in some parts of the game and blamed "errors". NZ probably made more or the same amount of errors last week and still won at a canter.
It's disappointing if we can't give credit for good performances and only say the oppo had a bad day.
Dont Panic!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Donny B. wrote:Thought our backrow got the better of theirs today. Seanie was immense, Heaslip was excellent and Kev brought a real physicality to the rucks. POM did well when he came on too in fairness.
McGl meets all the criteria for a six, POM is a more dynamic ball carrier, which catches the eye.
POM is IMO, more of an 8 than anything else and yes he did well.
For me the pecking order for the Ireland back row positions is as follows.
Heaslip, POM
SOB, Henry
Ferris, McGl

Today we needed a front five that can grunt. Today our front five grunted. POC has to finally accept that his job is to win the ball, not carry it.

I was very impressed tho' with the way NZ picked and went diagonally from the ruck. This was very effective in gaining ground and is something both Leinster and Ireland should adopt.
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

Classless post match interview again from McCaw. He knew exactly what he was doing with that knee in Darcy's back that forced Darcy off too. c**t
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oldschool wrote: McGl meets all the criteria for a six

Heaslip, POM
SOB, Henry
Ferris, McGl
Oldschool, any chance of a favour? Would there be any possibility that you could drop the G you keep putting in Kevin McLaughlin's name?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Xanthippe wrote:

Heaslip, POM
SOB, Henry
Ferris, McGl
Oldschool, any chance of a favour? Would there be any possibility that you could drop the G you keep putting in Kevin McLaughlin's name?
At least it's not Heislip anymore!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
totalrandomer
Graduate

Post by totalrandomer »

And we've had a break from "Clerment" but hey, it's mean to be a spelling Nazi.
totalrandomer
Graduate

Post by totalrandomer »

It's gutting to lose. But to push the ABs so far that they looked like they would be happy with the draw at one stage, is fabulous. I would say there is hardly a person in Ireland who would not have taken that at 8 o'clock this morning.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Xanthippe wrote:

Heaslip, POM
SOB, Henry
Ferris, McGl
+1
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Piri Weepu@PiriWeepu1049

"Great battle tonight! Well done to Ireland on a great game!! They made it tough! Full credit to them... Close call!! Shot DC #mrclutch"

At least the AB's have some class in their ranks...unlike their wholly ungracious captain!
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Dexter wrote:
Yes! And I have to say that, for once Kidney had a good game. Although I still think that if Reddan was there from the start (Murray's try or not) we would have won it. Jeez, the looked ordinary for once. McCaw's admission that it's been a long time since their scrum has been going backwards was almost the sweetest moment. All the pack were excellent.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Great to see the mens team show some fcuking pride, unlike the ladies team in Poland last week.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

An utterly heroic performance :clap: :clap: :clap:

Really proud of their effort today. They just seemed to have enough of being written off and fronted up big time. SO'B and Cian are now world class performers at the highest level.

A quick word for a player who has received a lot of criticism (admittedly some of it deserved) on here at times: Murray was excellent.

I'd say more than a few people on MF's are having to eat their words on Heaslip. He was huge in the 2nd half.

Send the same team out again next week and we can beat these BNZ's
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Mauler wrote:Great to see the mens team show some fcuking pride, unlike the ladies team in Poland last week.
Have leinster played a pre season game already? In Poland? :wink:
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
illthinkofsomething
Bookworm

Post by illthinkofsomething »

Cianostays wrote:An utterly heroic performance :clap: :clap: :clap:

Really proud of their effort today. They just seemed to have enough of being written off and fronted up big time. SO'B and Cian are now world class performers at the highest level.

A quick word for a player who has received a lot of criticism (admittedly some of it deserved) on here at times: Murray was excellent.

I'd say more than a few people on MF's are having to eat their words on Heaslip. He was huge in the 2nd half.

Send the same team out again next week and we can beat these BNZ's
Murray started poorly faffing about not knowing where the ball was taking an age to get the ball away - I think Franks fell asleep waiting for a pass for Murray's try - but then he upped it got the ball away faster and relased some pretty accurate box kicks. Perhaps the try took the pressure off hope this trajectory continues.

Dont presume kidney wont use this result as his reasoning for picking BOD at 12 and Earls at13, select Touhy and O Callaghan to start too. I have no faith in the fool, today's result has no bearing on his skill as a coach. On DArcy's injury he had a man who plays 12 at HC level on the wing and a HC wing on the bench yet he pushed sexton to 12......pretty sad to lose that and to have the ref be the turning point, if it is all about swings and roundabouts then I expect another Irish Grandslam soon and Wales to be reffed to death for a couple of seasons.....

Anyway a bit more Leinster and bit less Kidney for next week
2009 2011 2012
Lions me hole, I have no interest in watching Irishmen getting injured playing for England in Welsh shirts....it has a ring of the Somme to it
mhow
Knowledgeable

Post by mhow »

http://www.rugbyrefs.com/content.php?136-scrum

Item on scrum from brian moore written in 2011 - see re wheel