Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Ireland v Argentine AI 2012

Post by Donny B. »

suisse wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Ah FFS.

I thought this game was on tomorrow. Bored on the subway, decided to check the England score, onlu to find out we've put 4 on the Argies.
:lol:
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Ah Donny, IIRC he was pretty good against France before he got injured. I thought he'd turned the corner then.

Still haven't watched this game.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Did Gilroy remind anyone else of Shane Williams?
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dave Cahill wrote:
flustered wrote:f**king joke bringing him on! even Ralph cant understand that call!
Appearance fee. That property portfolio isn't going to keep itself out of NAMA
Starting to hear a few rumours like this.
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
Comer Toes
Graduate

Post by Comer Toes »

Donny B. wrote:Murray excellent today, played like the player we saw at Munster when he first emerged. Got quickly to the ruck and passed it quickly and smartly. No dawdling at the ruck, no going for stupid runs that weren't on to prove what a big boy he is. He'd almost been de-Kidneyfied.

Gave Sexton a proper service for the first time and we saw the result. For the first time, I've actually got a bit of hope for them as a partnership.
Couldn't agree more, the two of them were world class today. Sexton's try was the best of the game, 5 or 6 superb phases where jonny pulled the Argie defense all over the place, couldn't believe the analysis didn't pick up on that more clearly, it was genius the way he was creating space and gaps in each phase. Murray was ridiculously sharp and when it started going right for him he just got better with a bit of confidence. He ticks all the boxes when he delivers performances like that. Ryan, gilroy, Henry all played superbly but thought our 9, 10 combination was just perfection; if they can play like that in the spring we could be a very interesting proposition...
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

before anybody gets too carried away ... argentina were shite. as poor as fiji.

the 6N will be the time to judge .
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

Thought we were very Leinster like in our performance, reminded me of Leinster style on big European days over the last few years. Very good quick tempo to it. Also notice everytime sexton got the ball he had 3 options offload inside for the winger, give it to darcy on the crash or hit earls with a pass behind darcy, Argentina were shell shocked, they didn't know what had hit them. Watch new Zealand they play the same tatic, on a separate point I hate the way we dick around with the ball In our 22, don't go through phases please kick for touch, look at newzealand they just send it every timd thee in their 22 and start again from a safe position
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Glory was electric and exciting and in my mind for most of the first half he was my MOM. He faded out of it though and made a few mistakes and, overall, I think Tombleeboo may have actually been more influential than him overall. Great match from him, delighted as I gave been disappointed with him recently. He was outstanding today. Sexton played the way he should always play for Ireland: as good as he is. He got the flashier parts but I think he was able to do this because of Murray, they ran the show beautifully together.

Earls has been harshly criticised today I think, he did a lot of unshowy stuff well, we know he can make breaks from midfield but maybe his continuity game isn't there yet. Zeno was pretty mixed, but not bad for his second start at full back. And you can't argue with another try. Darcy had a great game but did fade in influence I think.

Healy was uncharacteristically quiet and struggled in the scrum in the first half, Ross was decent. Strauss was immense and the bedrock of our line outs, a beast in defence. Our best forward probably. Unless it was Heaslip who was everywhere in an otherwise largely anonymous and penalty prone back row. McCarthy got criticised also: he provided a lot of heft. Got through a tonne of work. Good solid outing at the level of Darcy's. I think Ryan may have reaped the benefit from his physical similarity to O'Mahoney who did great work in the air. Either that or the RTE guy was on crack AND acid to award him MOM. A forward? Him? Perverse.

Man of the match? For me it has to be Murray/Sexton as a unit. They were a joy to watch. Having Reddan and Roig on the bench and on for 8 minutes just looked stupid when you could have had Marshall and Jackson. But that's hindsight. Apart from O'Gara whose level is playing outside stringer in the A team.

I would have liked to see more of Henderson, noþ that O'Mahoney needed to come off, maybe move him and take off Henry for a look. Less of Kilcoyne who was on just long enough to look sh!t three times running. Probably worth giving McF a decent run at 12 though I don't see him as a long term international option there.

Great fun all round though.
Dublinner
Bookworm

Post by Dublinner »

Dave Cahill wrote:
flustered wrote:f**king joke bringing him on! even Ralph cant understand that call!
Jeez Dave you really hate him don't you? Tbh it's time for Jackson to come into this squad but I think it's a bit pathetic to be bringing a players financial difficulties (real or imaginary) onto this forum.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Frankly, before yesterday, I was thinking that if Jackson had been in the squad as he should have been, would Johnny have started?

Roig deserves to be playing international rugby about as much as Archer right now so it's not too much of a stretch to start thinking outside the box to explain his presence. He sure isn't there to play rugby.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Ireland v Argentine AI 2012

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dublinner wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Jeez Dave you really hate him don't you? Tbh it's time for Jackson to come into this squad but I think it's a bit pathetic to be bringing a players financial difficulties (real or imaginary) onto this forum.
If ROG were one of the top two out halfs available I'd have no problem with his selection, but he isn't. Therefore one must question why he is in the squad. If its not for reasons of rugby, which all can plainly see its not considering his performances for both Munster and Ireland this season, then why?

He's not like O'Callaghan who has upped his game considerably, played well this year and is there on merit, regardless of the age profile. So if a player is getting special treatment despite his form and behaviour, then there must other reasons
I have Bumbleflex
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Dave you have become a very bitter and childish poster of late. If you believe that a player is picked solely for the fairly small sum of money he recieves if he plays, due to his rumoured financial trouble, it is a strong reflection of your paranoia and hate towards rog and munster lately.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

munster#1 wrote:Dave you have become a very bitter and childish poster of late. If you believe that a player is picked solely for the fairly small sum of money he recieves if he plays, due to his rumoured financial trouble, it is a strong reflection of your paranoia and hate towards rog and munster lately.

Can you suggest a reason why hes selected? Now remember, you can't posit any rugby reasons because none exist, so if you can suggest a reason, I'd love to hear it.

You won't though, because what you're doing is fixing on something to distract attention from the fact that Declan Kidney is an incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team
I have Bumbleflex
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Dave Cahill wrote:If its not for reasons of rugby, which all can plainly see its not considering his performances for both Munster and Ireland this season, then why?
Listen, when Jim Corr invites you around to dinner, you should just decline, the next time!!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

meinster wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:If its not for reasons of rugby, which all can plainly see its not considering his performances for both Munster and Ireland this season, then why?
Listen, when Jim Corr invites you around to dinner, you should just decline, the next time!!
No chance, his sisters might be there!
I have Bumbleflex
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Dave Cahill wrote:No chance, his sisters might be there!
Touché! I'll give you that, fair enough.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Look dave, i hate the persistant use of the troll word on this site, so i wont accuse you of it this time, but you are sounding like paranoia has got a grip on you. Even your belief that i am trying to distract attention from kidney is crazy. Do you believe that what the 20 or so keyboard warriors on here say about anything has any baring on anything?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Not surprisingly Murray is getting a lot more credit than his performance deserves.
To balance things a little and this is just one example:-
Cast your mind or the recorder back to the sequence of play leading up to the Argies 3rd penalty.
Ball in Argie half, Murray takes it off the back of a maul or scrum. Murray goes slightly sideways and then slightly forwards (a loop I think it's called).
Murray then passes the ball to McCarthy, just as he (McCarthy that is) is about to be tackled. McCarthy knocks the ball on, the Argies counterattack and ultimately get a penalty (it could have been worse).
Murray did this (loop thingee) on more than one occasion. He took too much out of the ball yesterday, again. Just not as much as usual.
He had a better game than has been the case recently, but he is still not the best option or even second best option - Fact.
And that is the real issue.
Finally - Potential my ar$e. I want to see a trend of improvement from him with Munster, before he gets another cap.
Stop building him up and I'll stop pointing out his many flaws.
Actually no I won't, he's just not good enough.
Last edited by Oldschool on November 25th, 2012, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:
munster#1 wrote:Dave you have become a very bitter and childish poster of late. If you believe that a player is picked solely for the fairly small sum of money he recieves if he plays, due to his rumoured financial trouble, it is a strong reflection of your paranoia and hate towards rog and munster lately.

Can you suggest a reason why hes selected? Now remember, you can't posit any rugby reasons because none exist, so if you can suggest a reason, I'd love to hear it.

You won't though, because what you're doing is fixing on something to distract attention from the fact that Declan Kidney is an incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team
Ah come on Dave, sure wasn't it great to have him come on and close out the game. I have got quite fond of this brilliant piece of Dekko tactical nous.
I'm going to miss it next season!
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
pip14
Learner

Post by pip14 »

Thought Chris Henry played very well yesterday