Ireland v Fiji

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

nc6000
Mullet

Re: Ireland v Fiji

Post by nc6000 »

Lamb of BOD wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote: If we stick 60 on Fiji , it will be a complete vindication of eveything Kidney has ever done with Ireland
And with an important match just around the corner, it'd be a good time to offer him a contract extension
We must be favourites now for the Six Nations.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Keith Wood wants Henderson and Cave in next week. But both out of position of course so as not to displace Munster men. So Cave at inside centre and Henderson at openside?

In the words of Munster, he's some Gowl!!!
Last edited by Donny B. on November 17th, 2012, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Hat-trick for Gilroy. I love it. Better player than Zebo I reckon.
Haha, someone should tell Kidders...
They do, he just doesn't listen.
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

How many of that team were in the original Irish "training squad"?
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Yeh I was lolling at Matthews' description of the Thomond Park crowd as 'sporting'!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hippo wrote:Yeh I was lolling at Matthews' description of the Thomond Park crowd as 'sporting'!
By sporting, does he mean silent? Barely heard a word from them all night.
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Donny B. wrote:
Hippo wrote:Yeh I was lolling at Matthews' description of the Thomond Park crowd as 'sporting'!
Thats probably because most of them werent there.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Donny B. wrote:

All the atmosphere of a morgue - still, some decent performances which ought to give any credible coach something to think about.....

Anyone know one?
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

Lamb of BOD wrote:
tate wrote:Anyone got a working stream?
http://www.epl424.org/channel-14.php

you can watch BBC tv on the BBC website by installing this programme http://www.expatshield.com/
Thanks for the tip about Expatshield. That was excellent!!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

BlueArmyOriginal wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Thats probably because most of them werent there.
TBF, I can't blame them. I wouldn't pay to watch Kidney's Ireland either.
red49
Knowledgeable

Post by red49 »

Very disjointed display really against poor opposition. Young ulster contingent looked sharp and eager, would try gilroy next week in place of trimble. mcfadden took his chances well, to me he sometimes looks a bit selfish but he probably backs himself and is confident enough to try it. Have to say i didnt pick up on boos when jamie went off but if so thats untypical of crowd usually in limerick, would agree that nobody deserves that so dissappointed if its true.posters saying the atmosphere was poor, it sounded poor enough ok. I doubt many travelled from outside limerick due to quality of opposition, add in the fact that no caps were to be awarded meant a lot viewed it as a friendly rather than a test.btw limerick is only 2 hours from dublin so rather than criticise why not travel and support?.
Retired
Stuka
Knowledgeable

Post by Stuka »

The booing of Jamie was a total disgrace and YES it did happen before anyone says it did not. I dont know how Munster fans ever got a reputaion for being a great bunch because in my experience the large majority of them are knuckle draggers.
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

the booing of some of the 'supporters' of Heaslip when he was coming off was a disgrace, Irish captain!
QBer
Knowledgeable

Post by QBer »

red49 wrote: limerick is only 2 hours from dublin so rather than criticise why not travel and support?.
It's 2 hours 21 min according to AA routefinder.
Because you might get a large brick lammed through your front windscreen if you don't pay somebody to "mind your car mister". It has happened outside Thomond Park recently, not to me thankfully.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Didn't pick up on any booing of Jamie. When did it happen?
Stuka
Knowledgeable

Post by Stuka »

Just as he was trotting off.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Gilroy looked really sharp, how does Trimble keep him out of any team? Jackson so-so. Marshall L good 1st half, seemed to disappear 2nd half. Cave v good. Thought Murray was much better than before, fastest I've ever seen him move between rucks and in contrast I thought Marshall P didn't do a whole lot. All of the above obviously to be viewed in the context of the dreadful opposition. Why were substitutions made in the 75th minute (yet again)?

There were complaints about the kick/chase further up the thread and it's a fair point, almost none of the box kicks were taken despite someone almost always arriving on time.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Poor Wing Forward
Learner

Post by Poor Wing Forward »

Donny B. wrote:
They were watching the game. Whereas last week, the Dublin crowd were more interested in a Mexican wave at 67 minutes with the score 12 to 13 against the Springboks.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Had it recorded so replayed when Heaslip was replaced. General respectful applause and a loud boo from one or two idiots which probably sounds worse because there wasn't much noise to block it out.

Shameful sh!t from the idiots involved but clearly a minority so wouldn't lose my sh!t over it!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Poor Wing Forward wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
They were watching the game. Whereas last week, the Dublin crowd were more interested in a Mexican wave at 67 minutes with the score 12 to 13 against the Springboks.
Are they bound to a vow of silence when watching? Have they never heard of multi-tasking?

Fair cop though, the noise at the Aviva is just as non-existent.