6 Nations 2014 - Other Nations.

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: 6 Nations 2014 - Other Nations.

Post by Dave Cahill »

hugonaut wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Every time someone takes a tackle Hugh says "X drops the shoulder". Drives me mad.

Would love to know why he's suddenly decided that its pronounced "Lyd-e-8"
There was a fairly long period where he'd say 'buries the head', e.g. "Richard Hibbard takes it and buries the head", which I would have found pretty funny if I were still 14 years old.
As Something Happens! used to say, 'its never too late to have a happy childhood!'
I have Bumbleflex
baaba maal
Knowledgeable

Post by baaba maal »

hugonaut wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Every time someone takes a tackle Hugh says "X drops the shoulder". Drives me mad.

Would love to know why he's suddenly decided that its pronounced "Lyd-e-8"
There was a fairly long period where he'd say 'buries the head', e.g. "Richard Hibbard takes it and buries the head", which I would have found pretty funny if I were still 14 years old.
:clap:

I am probably not alone in thinking this, but O'Shea and Cahill (like many commentators) insist on talking while the ref is having a discussion with front rows/captains etc. Really amateurish as the whole point of having the ref miked up is exclusively to hear them when they're talking- makes sense for commentators to shut up at those moments. O'Shea (who I like in the studio) really got "in the way" of the game last night, instead of complementing it.

Cahill is the thinking man's George Hamilton. :wink:
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

For all the honour of O'Driscoll equalling the record test caps ever today, you would have to expect Parisse to overtake it at some stage. He has 104 caps now at age 30. Same age as Heaslip, who has 40 fewer, despite the Lions caps and being made of granite. What a player Parisse is.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

PSA is vying with Scott Johnson as to who is the worst coach in international rugby. The only thing Johnson has going in his favour to be named second worst is the "talent" at his fingertips in comparison to the calibre of players in the French set up. Hope Italy hammer Scotland and the debate about Georgia in the 6nations gets reignited.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Logorrhea wrote:how in gods name did England lose to that rabble?
Taking off their best player 20 minutes from the end certainly didn't help....
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Italy have looked knackered for about 15 minutes now. We need to run them ragged.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Italy have looked knackered for about 15 minutes now. We need to run them ragged.
WE???? :?
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Wow....what a finish! Well taken DG by Weir.....
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

nelly the elephant wrote:Wow....what a finish! Well taken DG by Weir.....
Great second half! Happy for the Scots; we need them to perfrom- for all sorts of reasons.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

artaneboy wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Italy have looked knackered for about 15 minutes now. We need to run them ragged.
WE???? :?
When we play them...
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

france and italy terrible wales and scotland improved, I still fancy Ireland for the title
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Good old ding dong for the title: could go to England, Wales or Ireland. No idea.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

fourthirtythree wrote:Good old ding dong for the title: could go to England, Wales or Ireland. No idea.
points difference favours you guys so far
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Fractured rib for Fofana. 3-4 weeks out apparently.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

jimbobjoe wrote:Fractured rib for Fofana. 3-4 weeks out apparently.
thats good news but bad news is PSA has said he is going to make changes to the team
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

They're lucky he's the only one with broken ribs after the number of suicide passes they threw to midfield on Friday.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

France coach Philippe Saint-André has named a 30-man squad to prepare for the Six Nations clash with Scotland on March 8.

Clermont scrum-half Morgan Parra, Castres centre Remi Lamerat, Stade Français prop Rabah Slimani and Castres loose forward Antonie Claassen have been added to the squad.

Out go Toulouse loose fowards Yannick Nyanga and Louis Picamoles, Castres flank Ibrahim Diarra, Racing Metro wing Marc Andreu and Clermont centre Wesley Fofana

PSA drops Frances two best forwards of the championship and is eschewing an out and out openside afaik, Le Roux and Classens opensides (cover)?

Parra may well be out after red card for headbutt, saving seen clip little damage but definite headbutt
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

simonokeeffe wrote:France coach Philippe Saint-André has named a 30-man squad to prepare for the Six Nations clash with Scotland on March 8.

Clermont scrum-half Morgan Parra, Castres centre Remi Lamerat, Stade Français prop Rabah Slimani and Castres loose forward Antonie Claassen have been added to the squad.

Out go Toulouse loose fowards Yannick Nyanga and Louis Picamoles, Castres flank Ibrahim Diarra, Racing Metro wing Marc Andreu and Clermont centre Wesley Fofana

PSA drops Frances two best forwards of the championship and is eschewing an out and out openside afaik, Le Roux and Classens opensides (cover)?

Parra may well be out after red card for headbutt, saving seen clip little damage but definite headbutt
Picamoles seems to have been dropped for his reaction to his sin binning. First + against PSA's name in a while! Fair play.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

simonokeeffe wrote:France coach Philippe Saint-André has named a 30-man squad to prepare for the Six Nations clash with Scotland on March 8.

Nyanga is injury enforced AFAIK. Claassens is an 8 I think. Lamerat for Fofana isn't quite the drop in quality I was hoping for. I thought he looked pretty handy for Castres when we played them. Diarra too!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:

Nyanga is injury enforced AFAIK. Claassens is an 8 I think. Lamerat for Fofana isn't quite the drop in quality I was hoping for. I thought he looked pretty handy for Castres when we played them. Diarra too!
Diarra being dropped seems dumb especially when Nyanga is out
Think hes missing a trick by not using Galan as an impact sub at least (Toulouse gargantuan no8)
But no openside will suit us

Will Fickou start at 12? lets just hope Basteraud wont be dropped, hes a blackhole of creativity

Parra has disciplinary hearing Wednesday