Mullet

Re: Ireland v Scotland, RBS 6 Nations 2014

Post by jimbobjoe »

b*%&!cks
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucksake
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Whats happened to Luke............
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Disappointing for Luke, but not a major loss in terms of our depth in that position in all honesty
I have Bumbleflex
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Xanthippe wrote:
Lar wrote:
Donny B. wrote:http://www.planetrugby.com/fun-games/missing-men

Did it in 4 minutes 40.

Tough to remember players from a game I'm struggling to remember at all.
He... 4:33

Had 14 players after about 2:45 but left wing stumped me for a while.
I was the same - 4:37 cause I got stuck on Trimble
Yeah got stuck on Trimble, but also had trouble with Leamy, was sure it was Foley (same number of letters)
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

irishrugbyua wrote:Luke out, doubtful for Wales.
Had a feeling all those interviews he gave about being over his injury problems would come back to haunt him. Talk about being cursed!

Zebo into the squad then I presume, Dave K and Ferg to start.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Hes been for form winger this year. Big loss.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Pity about Luke.

Zebo may be called back into the squad but would surely be unlikely to figure this weekend considering his lack of time in the actual training squad. He was injured and also missed the Autum internationals and camp. A week in camp might put him into contention v Wales but probably unlikely as well
Last edited by All Blacks nil on January 30th, 2014, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Luke being out might be an opening for Henshaw. In my head they will probably only keep BOD on as long as is needed and I thought they might shift Luke to 13 and bring on a wing. With him out they could bring in Henshaw with the chance of giving him time at 13 but still covering wing and 15.
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Donny B. wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:Luke out, doubtful for Wales.
Had a feeling all those interviews he gave about being over his injury problems would come back to haunt him. Talk about being cursed!

Zebo into the squad then I presume, Dave K and Ferg to start.
Go back a page.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Fitz out is a big loss considering Earls and Bowe are injured and Zebo isn't in the squad - down to more dependable options and missing a good bit of firepower. Think Trimble has to start now - Mcfadden has no game time and should stay on the bench - bring Trimble straight in. I would prefer Marmion ahead of Boss on the bench - don't think either are going to get much gametime, but its an opportunity to get Marmion invovled which has to happen sooner or later - Scotland at home is as good a place to do it. Zebo should be brought staright back into teh squad though and be in contention for Wales

Healy/Best/Ross
Toner/POC
POM/Henry/Heaslip
Murray/Sexton
Marshall/BOD
Trimble/Kearney/Kearney

Cronin/McGrath/Moore/Tuohy/TOD/Boss/Jackson/McFadden

apparently is the 23

No real complaints if it is - would have preferred Zebo in there - Marshall would be the right call. Probably would have gone for henderson but Tuohy is overdue a chance. Presumably McFadden is covering 13 - not sure about that - he has improved a lot since he concentrated on wing imo
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Golf Man wrote:Zebo should be brought staright back into the squad though and be in contention for Wales
I think he'd be better off sticking with Munster until after the Wales game, focus on getting back to where he was at and also focus on the rugby. He's an undoubted talent but IMO the last thing he needs is to be playing against Wales this season as there'll be looped plays of that fluke heel flick and commentators salivating over it. Think he'll be a much better player for it if he's kept away from the media, off youtube and told to work on his overall game. He's a young guy that's been thrown into the limelight and great to see he's having fun but too much of it and it'll damage his development, arguebly one or two incidents already have.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Golf Man wrote:I would prefer Marmion ahead of Boss on the bench - don't think either are going to get much gametime,
Ireland is no longer coached by someone who believes in a 15 man game. Bench players will see plenty of game time.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Gutted for Luke, not just for what we'll be missing out on but for what it took to get him in pole position for a starting place on Sunday.

Good to see that Touhy and Trimble were asked to work on things in November and have got into the squad. I know they're partly there because of injuries but it still sends out a good message.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Broken Wing wrote:
Golf Man wrote:I would prefer Marmion ahead of Boss on the bench - don't think either are going to get much gametime,
Ireland is no longer coached by someone who believes in a 15 man game. Bench players will see plenty of game time.
I think in particular with the SH the starter will probably only get 60 mins especially over the course of a 5 game tournament. Given the players run around with GPS trackers I'd say that the data shows them slowing up and a review of their performance shows decreasing accuracy in execution. This is particularly important with a SH who gets on the ball more than anyone else on the pitch. If the SH is slower by .25 seconds from ruck to ruck he'll drop 1 second over 4 phases. Not always the case but probably the common case. I'm guessing it's the same with props. They start loosing speed and the error count increases.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

my apologies to paddor

is Luke definitely out btw?

also I knocked that out in under two and a half minutes
(caps lock helps for those btw)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Broken Wing wrote:
FFS - remind me again how much time Boss got against NZ?
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Golf Man wrote:
Broken Wing wrote:
FFS - remind me again how much time Boss got against NZ?
Ireland made 7 changes in that game. That was 7 bench players getting game time. Against Australia 8 changes were made. That was 8 bench players getting game time. Against Samoa 8 changes were also made. That was 8 bench players getting game time.

To put that another way, 23/24 bench players got game time in the November Internationals but feel free to use the 1 bench change that was not made in the 3 games under Joe to dismiss my comment.

FFS indeed.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

paddyor wrote:
Broken Wing wrote:
I think in particular with the SH the starter will probably only get 60 mins especially over the course of a 5 game tournament. Given the players run around with GPS trackers I'd say that the data shows them slowing up and a review of their performance shows decreasing accuracy in execution. This is particularly important with a SH who gets on the ball more than anyone else on the pitch. If the SH is slower by .25 seconds from ruck to ruck he'll drop 1 second over 4 phases. Not always the case but probably the common case. I'm guessing it's the same with props. They start loosing speed and the error count increases.
If it was Reddan then maybe - with Boss on the bench, wouldn't be so sure - look at the NZ game
Bench impact is great if you have it - and with the front row you pretty much have to have it (I don't think Ross should be playing more than 55 minutes max tbh)
Outside of the front row, if you are not improving the team with the replacement(tired and all as the starter may be) you have to decide whether thats substiution for the sake of subsitution - worked well at leinster for Schmidt because Boss/Reddan were relatively similar in strength, albeit their individual strengths vary greatly. There is a bigger gap betweem Murray and Boss right now than there was between Reddan and Boss in 2012for example. Would I take a tiring Murray over a fresh Boss - as Schmidt did against NZ - I would.

I think that the out half subs are prabbly not pre determined, as the standard of the starters is well above the replacements and not sure if there is huge changing up to be done with Boss and Jackson (perhaps more so with Madigan and Reddan)