Getting the Dart post Wales match

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Getting the Dart post Wales match

Post by Darce »

Donny B. wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Be careful about where your tickets are too. I'd to do a tour of Dublin after the Clermont game in order to get back to Ballsbridge.
I'm in the West Stand so it's not too bad.

I think I'll leave my seat with a few minutes to go and make my way down and watch the final few minutes on one of the tellies and then leg it up to the taxi rank on Lansdowne Road
Make sure Alan Quinlan doesn't catch you
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
DartVader
Bookworm

Post by DartVader »

Hiya Donny.
I drive the darts so I've experienced it from both perspectives and if I were you I'd leg it for a taxi like someone else said. They often hold the scheduled ones up to 10 mins (even though they've got match specials running) without any thought for non match passengers, connections etc. So, you should make your own way, or if there's more storms and floodin, paddle your own canoe so to speak!
mhow
Knowledgeable

Post by mhow »

After you leave West Stand consider going along shelbourne road towards haddington road / bath avenue / south lotts road junction (Slatterys and Chophouse) and pick up a taxi at that junction. There are usually taxis floating around there waiting to catch people coming out of game as it is the place that is nearest to ground that you can bring a car because of road closures. I am not sure that the Lansdowne Road rank operates around match time as the Lansdowne Road and other roads are closed. At least you are moving in the general direction of Connolly Station if you head along Shelbourne Road.
Donny B. wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Be careful about where your tickets are too. I'd to do a tour of Dublin after the Clermont game in order to get back to Ballsbridge.
I'm in the West Stand so it's not too bad.

I think I'll leave my seat with a few minutes to go and make my way down and watch the final few minutes on one of the tellies and then leg it up to the taxi rank on Lansdowne Road
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Cheer mhow and Dart. I was thinking of ordering a taxi to be ready out the Beggars Bush actually.

Anyone know for sure if there's lockers in Connolly station? Trying to get a clear answer online is trickier than you think.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Donny B. wrote:Cheer mhow and Dart. I was thinking of ordering a taxi to be ready out the Beggars Bush actually.

Anyone know for sure if there's lockers in Connolly station? Trying to get a clear answer online is trickier than you think.
They have been removed. There used be left luggage in Busaras (downstairs) but I'm not sure if they still are. I saw somewhere that an internet cafe across the road from the station holds luggage - what could go wrong :-)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The Doc wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Cheer mhow and Dart. I was thinking of ordering a taxi to be ready out the Beggars Bush actually.

They have been removed. There used be left luggage in Busaras (downstairs) but I'm not sure if they still are. I saw somewhere that an internet cafe across the road from the station holds luggage - what could go wrong :-)
Hmm, might chance it, thanks
mhow
Knowledgeable

Post by mhow »

Donny B. wrote:
The Doc wrote:

Hmm, might chance it, thanks
Book taxi to / from game and get taxi to hang on to your luggage!
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Get one of the others on the stag top take your bag. With such a tight itinerary you could do without the extra hassle of a bag. Also if the taxi does not work there is always the dublin bikes. After a big game you should be well psyched up for a quick cycle.

http://www.dublinbikes.ie/All-Stations/ ... tation-map
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Fireworks wrote:Get one of the others on the stag top take your bag. With such a tight itinerary you could do without the extra hassle of a bag. Also if the taxi does not work there is always the dublin bikes. After a big game you should be well psyched up for a quick cycle.

For the last time, no on the bikes!! :x

:wink:

Actually a good call for the bags, but unfortunately none of the lads I know going are driving and I wouldn't ask them to lug my bag as well as their own down on the train (they'd tell me to f**k off if I did anyway)
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Donny B. wrote:
Fireworks wrote:Get one of the others on the stag top take your bag. With such a tight itinerary you could do without the extra hassle of a bag. Also if the taxi does not work there is always the dublin bikes. After a big game you should be well psyched up for a quick cycle.

For the last time, no on the bikes!! :x

:wink:

Actually a good call for the bags, but unfortunately none of the lads I know going are driving and I wouldn't ask them to lug my bag as well as their own down on the train (they'd tell me to f**k off if I did anyway)
Sorry I did not read all of the previous posts!!

Nice group you are travelling with if the would not take your bag. If it is a proper stag do you even need a bag.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Fireworks wrote:

Nice group you are travelling with if the would not take your bag. If it is a proper stag do you even need a bag.
Actually one of the them read this thread and offered to take the bag. I initially accepted but remembered I wanted to bring my laptop for the three-hour journey on my lonesome. Streaming the Scotlland-England match might be too much for the train's wifi, but might be able to get radio coverage from somewhere.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Donny B. wrote:
Fireworks wrote:

Actually one of the them read this thread and offered to take the bag. I initially accepted but remembered I wanted to bring my laptop for the three-hour journey on my lonesome. Streaming the Scotlland-England match might be too much for the train's wifi, but might be able to get radio coverage from somewhere.
Give him the bag and listen on the radio. The wifi on the train is intermittent. Would probably drive you made by dropping in the middle of plays. Then you get it back to find out there was a wonder try.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Fireworks wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Fireworks wrote:

Give him the bag and listen on the radio. The wifi on the train is intermittent. Would probably drive you made by dropping in the middle of plays. Then you get it back to find out there was a wonder try.
Yeah you might be right actually
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Donny B. wrote:
Fireworks wrote:

Don't do it Donny!!!!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Peg Leg wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Fireworks wrote:

Don't do it Donny!!!!
You'll be happy to know I'm not now. I'm giving my bag to a mate and will rely on a paper, my phone and (time permitting) a bag of cans for my entertainment on the way down! :-)
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Donny B. wrote: You'll be happy to know I'm not now. I'm giving my bag to a mate and will rely on a paper, my phone and (time permitting) a bag of cans for my entertainment on the way down! :-)
Your phone has no FM radio? :shock: I thought only iphone users (and us poor Galaxy S4 users) had to put up with that sh1t
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

johng wrote:
Donny B. wrote: You'll be happy to know I'm not now. I'm giving my bag to a mate and will rely on a paper, my phone and (time permitting) a bag of cans for my entertainment on the way down! :-)
Your phone has no FM radio? :shock: I thought only iphone users (and us poor Galaxy S4 users) had to put up with that sh1t
why would you want a digital device able to receive an analogue radio signal - I prefer to stick to digital all the way, but some folks like old tech!!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

mikey wrote:why would you want a digital device able to receive an analogue radio signal - I prefer to stick to digital all the way, but some folks like old tech!!
For exactly this use case. Oh, and the ref mic.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Because you can't get a data signal in a stadium full of people. Or in a train full of dodgy wifi.

But you can get an fm signal no matter how many million people are sitting beside you.

So far it is the only downside of moving to an s4. At least I can still bang in a spare battery or a 64 mb sd card.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

johng wrote:
It says it does but it doesn't work. I still have my old phone and use the FM radio on that. However there won't be any commentary of the Scotland England game on Irish radio anyway so it's a fairly moot discussion.