France

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: France

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Yeah tbh I don't like him at all. Don't mind a bit of niggle but think he's genuinely nasty at times, far too many cheap elbows to the face.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

I used to enjoy Stringer nipping at the ankles (and other parts) of opposition forwards when he was playing. I reckon it more of the little guy has to be able to look after himself really I think.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Sometimes they pick on each other . . .

MarkyDeSad
Knowledgeable

Post by MarkyDeSad »

Didn't Parra break our Jonny's jaw or am I getting confused...again?
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

feeble punch by troncon and a glass jaw by stringer! serve him right for shirt tugging :happy clapper:
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

JB1973 wrote:feeble punch by troncon and a glass jaw by stringer! serve him right for shirt tugging :happy clapper:
It really does look quite innocuous doesn't it?
MarkyDeSad wrote:Didn't Parra break our Jonny's jaw or am I getting confused...again?
I remember the occasion, and he played with some kind of a plate in there a few weeks later, but weren't they (Johnny and doctor) on their knees in the grass for a few minutes looking for teeth?
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Ode to Phillipe St Andre
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
leinster4life13
Mullet

French response to being a coached by a moron, unusually restrained, what is it with the press and Head coaches? PSA like Kidney before him is an utter donkey of coach, both left their respective clubs in a shambles and both made an utter dogs dinner of their national stints, yet the press are reluctant to call it as it is...
Two examples
http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/xv-de-fra ... tory.shtml

Rugbyrama lays the blame, but its a fairly tame article, doesn't query why Machenaud is with a mile of the stadium when France are playing etc, at least some of the comments recognise Lievremonts work in comparison to PSA. But again its about win rates etc, you only need to lokk at his team sheet and do the eyeball test to see that PSA doesnt have a clue.

http://www.francetvsport.fr/rugby/irb/e ... nce-230063#
Basically we know we are sh!t, maybe he has a point about the top14, ah sure we'll turn it on for the world cup.

Rugby journos need to get that tabloid mentality that the Tabloids had at the height of their English football team bashing phase, no mercy, its a professional game, not an old boys club, you are sh!t, you get the sack end of story, PSA's continued employment really pisses me off, he is such a clown.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

leinster4life13 wrote:French response to being a coached by a moron, unusually restrained, what is it with the press and Head coaches? PSA like Kidney before him is an utter donkey of coach, both left their respective clubs in a shambles and both made an utter dogs dinner of their national stints, yet the press are reluctant to call it as it is...
Two examples

Rugbyrama lays the blame, but its a fairly tame article, doesn't query why Machenaud is with a mile of the stadium when France are playing etc, at least some of the comments recognise Lievremonts work in comparison to PSA. But again its about win rates etc, you only need to lokk at his team sheet and do the eyeball test to see that PSA doesnt have a clue.

Basically we know we are sh!t, maybe he has a point about the top14, ah sure we'll turn it on for the world cup.

Rugby journos need to get that tabloid mentality that the Tabloids had at the height of their English football team bashing phase, no mercy, its a professional game, not an old boys club, you are sh!t, you get the sack end of story, PSA's continued employment really pisses me off, he is such a clown.
Oh dear sweet baby jesus :cry:

Dear rugby Journo's,

Please, do not "get that tabloid mentality that the Tabloids had at the height of their English football team bashing phase", strive to delivery accurate analysis and reasoned debate. You are there to investigate, report and debate, creating the narrative to force an opinion is not good journalism.

Regards,

PL
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
leinster4life13
Mullet

Peg Leg wrote:
leinster4life13 wrote:French response to being a coached by a moron, unusually restrained, what is it with the press and Head coaches? PSA like Kidney before him is an utter donkey of coach, both left their respective clubs in a shambles and both made an utter dogs dinner of their national stints, yet the press are reluctant to call it as it is...
Two examples

Oh dear sweet baby jesus :cry:

Dear rugby Journo's,

Please, do not "get that tabloid mentality that the Tabloids had at the height of their English football team bashing phase", strive to delivery accurate analysis and reasoned debate. You are there to investigate, report and debate, creating the narrative to force an opinion is not good journalism.

Regards,

PL
do you not hate what PSA, Kindey and their ilk are doing to rugby? Its an affront to anyone with eyes and semi functioning brain that Kidney ever got a national job and PSA the same, the fact they held it is due in no small part to the propagandists in the media unwilling to stick the knife in, while tabloid media are scum of the universe, they are effective when it comes to getting coaches the sack, see David Moyes, Mourinho in Spain etc etc. We need that element in the media as opposed to the cozy cozy best mates uncritical dross we are served up, how long did it take the tide to turn against Kidney when you could see we were on the downslope DURING our Grand Slam win.

JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

I think PSA like Livermont before him are both out of their depth at this level, If I was France I'd bite the Bullet and try and get Jake White in charge as soon as the super rugby season is over.

Give him a contract until the next world cup to build a team
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Two examples

Forget Machenaud, who was decent in the 6N when he got on, Doussain was the hopeless SH that PSA had the hots for.... Either way, Parra is the no-brainer, regardless of personality clashes.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

JB1973 wrote:I think PSA like Livermont before him are both out of their depth at this level, If I was France I'd bite the Bullet and try and get Jake White in charge as soon as the super rugby season is over.

I think a foreign coach would be very unpopular among French blazers, even if it would be best as they wouldnt try to suck up to them like previous coach by picking a couple of players from every club
Their best bet IMO would be a strong French personality who is more of a coach than a DOR, lauded former player (needs political capital) and someone who coached results not signed them like PSA
so Galthie
failing that they would need to get lucky on a Mark Hughes type (Welsh context not club)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:so Galthie
Yeah, him. David Knox as backs coach?
Last edited by Morf on June 27th, 2014, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

simonokeeffe wrote:
JB1973 wrote:I think PSA like Livermont before him are both out of their depth at this level, If I was France I'd bite the Bullet and try and get Jake White in charge as soon as the super rugby season is over.

I think a foreign coach would be very unpopular among French blazers, even if it would be best as they wouldnt try to suck up to them like previous coach by picking a couple of players from every club
Their best bet IMO would be a strong French personality who is more of a coach than a DOR, lauded former player (needs political capital) and someone who coached results not signed them like PSA
so Galthie
failing that they would need to get lucky on a Mark Hughes type (Welsh context not club)

He was chatting with Foley who told him to tell the FFR not to fire PSA until after the World Cup.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Hoping the three Clermont guys are ok and recover well.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

They'll be back in a month apparently.
Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

Bruni replaces injuried Nyanga in France november 30 squad.

Forwards: Xavier Chiocci (Toulon), Alexandre Menini (Toulon), Benjamin Kayser (Clermont), Guilhem Guirado (Toulon), Nicolas Mas (Montpellier), Uini Atonio (La Rochelle), Rabah Slimani (Stade Francais), Alexandre Flanquart (Stade Francais), Yoann Maestri (Toulouse), Pascal Pape (Stade Francais), Romain Taofifenua (Toulon), Damien Chouly (Clermont), Thierry Dusautoir (Toulouse), Bernard Le Roux (Racing-Metro), Virgile Bruni (Toulon), Charles Ollivon (Bayonne)

Backs: Rory Kockott (Castres), Sebastien Tillous-Borde (Toulon), Remi Tales (Castres), Francois Trinh-Duc (Montpellier), Camille Lopez (Clermont), Mathieu Bastareaud (Toulon), Wesley Fofana (Clermont), Remi Lamerat (Castres), Maxime Mermoz (Toulon), Teddy Thomas (Racing-Metro), Sofiane Guitoune (Bordeaux-Begles), Benjamin Fall (Montpellier), Brice Dulin (Racing-Metro), Yoann Huget (Toulouse)

Toulon : 8 players But its only mercenaries as we know it
Clermont : 4 players
Toulouse, Montpellier, SF, Racing, Castres : 3 players each. including pure french players like Kockott, Atonio, Le Roux...
Bayonne, La Rochelle, Bordeaux : 1 player each.
I'm french. Please correct my english mistakes !
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Toulon fan wrote:
Toulon : 8 players But its only mercenaries as we know it
All home grown born and bread on the Côte d'Azur of course... :roll:
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Taofifenua of the Carcassonne Taofifenuas?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles