Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

munster#1
Shane Jennings

Re: Ireland v France 11/10/2015

Post by munster#1 »

ribs wrote:Recall for Darcy?
Is darcy even training?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

I will support France tomorrow, I will be sad not to be in Cardiff, my brother will shout and drink for all the family.

http://www.lequipe.fr/explore-video/rug ... l-irlande/

But I can't be "against" Ireland either.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Edit: double post

Probably waiting for a second game october 31th.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Likely contenders IMO are Marshall, McCloskey, Trimble and Ferg. Despite it being a centre injury, only limited prospect of Darce being invited as he hasnt rugby trained in more than a month. Personal preference would be McCloskey who has looked v sharp for Ulster, but he may not be familiar enough with Squad systems. Trimble is most up to speed on those after past two seasons
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Likely contenders IMO are Marshall, McCloskey, Trimble and Ferg. Despite it being a centre injury, only limited prospect of Darce being invited as he hasnt rugby trained in more than a month. Personal preference would be McCloskey who has looked v sharp for Ulster, but he may not be familiar enough with Squad systems. Trimble is most up to speed on those after past two seasons
At this stage in the world cup it is unlikely that any replacement will actually get game time.
For this reason I would bring mccloskey. Imo he has way more potential than any of the other options, and the experience of being in the world cup squad could be massive for him.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

Call up Ringrose and give him some camp experience.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Trimble. Was unlucky to miss out and can slot in straight away.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

VGE wrote:I will support France tomorrow, I will be sad not to be in Cardiff, my brother will shout and drink for all the family.

Au revoir.

I hope your brother has a great time - except for the part between the kick off and the final whistle!
I have Bumbleflex
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Dave Cahill wrote:
VGE wrote:I will support France tomorrow, I will be sad not to be in Cardiff, my brother will shout and drink for all the family.

Au revoir.

I hope your brother has a great time - except for the part between the kick off and the final whistle!
Don't worry, he will have whatever the result. Rugby is more than a passion for him, more than a way to "support". He was still playing when he was 48.

I hope he simply can watch the game. We were talking 2 weeks ago about a Cardiff/ASM European Game 13 (!) years ago. He remembers two things: it was Barry John's 57th birthday (and we were at the right place at the right time) and he had never drunk as much beer than this day.

Au revoir.
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

I suppose they'll wait until after france game so know of injuries and next opponents
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Theyve enough 13 cover in Earls and Luke so my guess would be Trimble, or maybe even Boss. Jones an outside bet but they seem to have fallen in love with Zebo as a fullback option

Cant see them calling up a centre unless someone gets a knock on Sunday
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The actual centres they now have are Henshaw and Cave. Earls and Luke Fitz have played there but its not their natural position. Going into Q/F with only 2 is a big rish if Henshaw gets injured
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ruckedtobits wrote:The actual centres they now have are Henshaw and Cave. Earls and Luke Fitz have played there but its not their natural position. Going into Q/F with only 2 is a big rish if Henshaw gets injured
Earls & Fitz still both got selected ahead of Cave when first choice centres were injured
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

C'mon Ireland.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Think Ireland might try play a little wider today. Joe has said we cannot win a game of collisions, so by definition he will look to play the game with a little more width and less close in collisions.

Hopefully we can get the likes of SOB POM and Jamie carrying in slightly lighter traffic where they can make more inroads.
If, as I expect, we play 2/3 out as opposed to one out rugby that may well happen.

Defeat would not be a disaster. We are in a quarter final and as I've pointed out in a new thread, New Zealand have a pretty dismal record in RWC knockout games in the northern hemisphere.

Place kicking will be crucial. Indoor conditions will be obviously ideal. Early scrums will be informative and here's hoping Ireland can paint a pretty picture.

Keep the ball in hand, make the French tackle for relatively long periods, stretch their disciplinary threshold and Johnny can do the rest.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Have to say I'm not impressed with TV3 build up.
It's all about what France are going to do to us.
F^ck that for a game of cricket but this is rugby and it's Joe Schmidt 's Ireland.
France have as much to worry about as we have.
C'mon the f^ck Ireland.
F^ck the doubters.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

No atmosphere.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Bit loose from Healey there
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

21 mins I'll forgive POM Penalty there
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Shite, Johnny off after big big hit from picamoles

Some set of shoes on Madigan !!!
Last edited by Oldschoolsocks on October 11th, 2015, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.