RWC 2019

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: RWC 2019

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Some performance from SA, I honestly thought the scores would be the other way around! The tries were phenomenal, great that they could win with those brilliant plays.

England never really got going, their backs were particularly bad with Youngs and Daly having complete nightmares.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Some performance from SA, I honestly thought the scores would be the other way around! The tries were phenomenal, great that they could win with those brilliant plays.

England never really got going, their backs were particularly bad with Youngs and Daly having complete nightmares.
Yes Youngs was very poor, Daly is a weak point and exposed today.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

How can we get to the end of a World Cup final that South Africa just won and Daire O'Brien thinks their captain is called "Kolosi"?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Blueberry wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Some performance from SA, I honestly thought the scores would be the other way around! The tries were phenomenal, great that they could win with those brilliant plays.

Yes Youngs was very poor, Daly is a weak point and exposed today.
The tap peno was England's last chance to turn it around.
Daly has had a poor tournament.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:How can we get to the end of a World Cup final that South Africa just won and Daire O'Brien thinks their captain is called "Kolosi"?
A play on words
Kolosus?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Brilliant from the Boks....England did'nt turn up
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Pineapple does belong on pizza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

RWC 2019

Post by Twist »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:How can we get to the end of a World Cup final that South Africa just won and Daire O'Brien thinks their captain is called "Kolosi"?
Mispronounced names have been a blight on this tournament

Itojo
Vunipolo
Mampipi
Sinclair

Last edited by Twist on November 2nd, 2019, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Owen Farrell needs to be put out to pasture a spent force at this level and at his age will only get worse, time waits for no one. He also has to much control on that team and it’s all negative. (Tongue in Cheek)
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Twist wrote:
Mispronounced player names have been a blight on this tournament

Itojo
Vunipolo
Mampipi

The Vunipolo one is particularly bad! There are two of them and they've been around for years and played in big games year after year, how can people not know?!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

From a selfish Leinster/Irish point of view (which I always have), it would’ve been better for us to have all those England & Sarries players coming home in party mode, fat and happy and ready to be picked off

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

OTT wrote:Owen Farrell needs to be put out to pasture a spent force at this level and at his age will only get worse, time waits for no one. He also has to much control on that team and it’s all negative. (Tongue in Cheek)
A believer at last, nice to know i haven't been wasting my sweetness on the desert air.
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

I can see Owen Farrell being favorite to captain the Lions 2021, he’s some leader for someone who’s only just turned 28
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

In summary.
Thank god that's over for another four years and we can get back to winning the 6Ns championship and/or Triple Crown.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Thank goodness it's over - I agree !! And we didn't do too badly, they only broke Conan.

Cronin I believe is nothing serious so it hasn't taken too heavy a toll.

Back to 5 Star hunting......
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Blueberry wrote:Thank goodness it's over - I agree !! And we didn't do too badly, they only broke Conan.

I think we should be starting R Kelleher for the European cup games to develop him for 2023, he’s very good
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Pilotman123 wrote:
Blueberry wrote:Thank goodness it's over - I agree !! And we didn't do too badly, they only broke Conan.

I think we should be starting R Kelleher for the European cup games to develop him for 2023, he’s very good
Serious potential all right but for me Cronin starts if fit, no question, he has always delivered but good complaints to have - question for the powers that be is Kelleher or Tracey on the bench and Kelleher looks to be winning that one.

Good problems and you need two good hookers for 80 minutes now so it's all positive.

Quite honestly only interested in 5 stars - another World Cup can wait for a while !! After the anti climax in Japan which we all feared it's back to supporting the boys in blue for a while - single vision !!
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Enjoyed this mornings game, despite Toland doing his best to ruin it by never shutting up. Shows how difficult it is to call games like these.
Dont Panic!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

My god Youngs cost that team a few hundred meters with ball in hand. Every player had to check their run or catch behind them.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Lose the collisions, lose the game most of the time. England play a style dependent on winning collisions (similar to ours, although different..). The only top team who can win while losing collisions are probably New Zealand, although the England semi-final showed it doesn't always work out. The game has somewhat moved away from its size obsession over the last decade, I guess today's result is a reminder that size does sometimes matter (as well as accuracy and set-piece functionality)...
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!