6 Nations 2020

Forum for the discussion of all International Rugby

Moderator: moderators

Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Re: 6 Nations 2020

Post by Twist »

I suppose it makes more sense from their point of view than the Quad Nations. It would involve less travel and the timezones are more sympathetic to their domestic TV audience. Bigger prize money too, I assume
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Twist wrote:I suppose it makes more sense from their point of view than the Quad Nations. It would involve less travel and the timezones are more sympathetic to their domestic TV audience. Bigger prize money too, I assume
Would be very bad news for the Aussies and kiwis though.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Twist wrote:I suppose it makes more sense from their point of view than the Quad Nations. It would involve less travel and the timezones are more sympathetic to their domestic TV audience. Bigger prize money too, I assume
Is it less travel? That would only be true if they were allowed to tour which means they’d get there home and away games in blocks which seems like an advantage
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

paddyor wrote:
Is it less travel? That would only be true if they were allowed to tour which means they’d get there home and away games in blocks which seems like an advantage
Like we have two in a row at home? :|
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

blockhead wrote:
Would be very bad news for the Aussies and kiwis though.
Only if they left the Championship, which starts in August.

SA have enough players in European clubs for a big wedge of the team. Pulling out a few players from Super Rugby might be a loss.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

paddyor wrote:
It's not the travel per se that they have a problem with, it's the time zone difference. If it was just about logistics, they'd choose playing in Europe every time.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Great win for us today. Scots getting one over on England to round it all off nicely.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

tingman wrote:Great win for us today. Scots getting one over on England to round it all off nicely.
Never sure if it's better for Ireland to be going for a TC alone or whether it's better if both teams are going for it.
Wales like to spoil the party, Ireland are just awful.
England, not sure.
No BV will be a big help either way.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

They need to sort out the maul. Just riding around the outside and it's ok because you didnt release is within the law yes but it's not in the spirit at all. Surely the second you change your bind to disrupt the carrier you're then offside?
Anyone But New Zealand
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Brilliant performance. A bit sloppy in the first half at times but a massive step up on last week/year and lots of encouraging signs.

I wanted Murray dropped after last week but he was superb, close to his best with his passing and was more of a threat than he has been in ages. Conway was flawless and made a big impact every single time he was involved, delighted for him. Robbie was really lively and gutted for him that his day was cut short but hopefully he'll be fine for Twickenham and build on this. I was shocked at how good Earls was tbh, didn't think he was in good form and have never liked him in the centre but he was really good. Larmour obviously brilliant as well, love how desperate he is to be involved.

But the pack laid the foundation, incredible work rate on both sides of the ball and gave us far more go forward this week. CJ immense again with his steals. Everyone did well really, hard to single anyone else out.

Still lots to do and we need to stop getting isolated. Henderson put in a great shift again but he needs to get lower in contact, very annoying to see him get held up so often when you know how powerful he is.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Scottish fans booing the kicker, then booing the stadium announcer asking them not to boo the kicker
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Can't see England losing this when they have the wind behind them in the second half.
Anyone But New Zealand
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Brilliant performance. A bit sloppy in the first half at times but a massive step up on last week/year and lots of encouraging signs.

I wanted Murray dropped after last week but he was superb, close to his best with his passing and was more of a threat than he has been in ages. Conway was flawless and made a big impact every single time he was involved, delighted for him. Robbie was really lively and gutted for him that his day was cut short but hopefully he'll be fine for Twickenham and build on this. I was shocked at how good Earls was tbh, didn't think he was in good form and have never liked him in the centre but he was really good. Larmour obviously brilliant as well, love how desperate he is to be involved.

But the pack laid the foundation, incredible work rate on both sides of the ball and gave us far more go forward this week. CJ immense again with his steals. Everyone did well really, hard to single anyone else out.

Still lots to do and we need to stop getting isolated. Henderson put in a great shift again but he needs to get lower in contact, very annoying to see him get held up so often when you know how powerful he is.
Don't get the free pass Murray is getting.
Two very obvious examples that lead to turnovers.
His tap penalty, ball should have been kicked to touch.
His break a little over 5m out that again coughed the ball up. Murray can't break anymore, he knows it and so does everyone else.
Two years ago Murray might have scored a try but not anymore.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Twist wrote:Scottish fans booing the kicker, then booing the stadium announcer asking them not to boo the kicker
Glasgow exactly the same...

Start of second half of Scotland-England here, Scotland are almost better suited to playing against a strong wind as they're a real 'run and have a go' type of side.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It's amazing that the wind didn't seem to be a factor in our game.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

fourthirtythree wrote:It's amazing that the wind didn't seem to be a factor in our game.
Ah it did, every penalty was sent to the corner.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

well that was a steaming turd served on a bed of puke with a piss jus
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I know the conditions were atrocious but Scotland don't have much of a plan do they? Hogg not the most inspiring captain either.

England's pressure up front still impressive in a pig of a game.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Poor conditions they certainly were, but thats no excuse for not doing simple basic things right
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Scotland cant do anything right. I mean they kicked it away twice in the last 2 minutes while 7 points down. :roll:
England look back to their 2018 level which is a blessing for the rest of us.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!