Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Post by OTT »

Munster two from two and have given a load of young lads game time, were Munster very good in either game, does it matter, not for me. They have beaten the two teams considered their biggest pool rivals, they have given themselves some breathing space, they now have on paper what looks like 4 games in a row that they should win and continue to mix in more young guys. I still think JVG is a bit of a MOC in selection terms but the wins take away his excuse to revert to type.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Reading match reports, that was impressive from Munster. They're finally following Leinster's example and giving their young players a run of games. Maybe their hand has been forced by the IRFU, but the result is the same - they're doing something that is good for them & Irish rugby rather than just good for their own short term gain.

Well done Munster/IRFU and long may it continue.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Can whoever has hacked Deco's account be a little more subtle so they are believable. Thanks.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

deco wrote: October 12th, 2020, 1:25 pm Reading match reports, that was impressive from Munster. They're finally following Leinster's example and giving their young players a run of games. Maybe their hand has been forced by the IRFU, but the result is the same - they're doing something that is good for them & Irish rugby rather than just good for their own short term gain.

Joke of a club.
There you go.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

blockhead wrote: October 12th, 2020, 2:43 pm
deco wrote: October 12th, 2020, 1:25 pm Reading match reports, that was impressive from Munster. They're finally following Leinster's example and giving their young players a run of games. Maybe their hand has been forced by the IRFU, but the result is the same - they're doing something that is good for them & Irish rugby rather than just good for their own short term gain.

Joke of a club.
There you go.
:clap:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Such a shame to hear that Neil Cronin appears to have torn his ACL.
With the likely duration of his layoff, i wonder if we will see him tog out for Munster again.

With Murray away with Ireland, Munster are now very light on options. Casey may have to play more often than Munster had planned.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

During a break in play the camera was looking at a bunch of cardboard cutouts of all hardcore munster fans and there in among them was Reggie Corrigan. He's out of the closet!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Ah sure his Da is from Tipp
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Peg Leg wrote: October 13th, 2020, 9:36 am
blockhead wrote: October 12th, 2020, 2:43 pm

Joke of a club.
Nice

There you go.
:clap:
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

dropkick wrote: October 13th, 2020, 7:17 pm During a break in play the camera was looking at a bunch of cardboard cutouts of all hardcore munster fans and there in among them was Reggie Corrigan. He's out of the closet!
Well after what happened he is hardly a Leinster fan
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

munster#1 wrote: October 13th, 2020, 3:42 pm Such a shame to hear that Neil Cronin appears to have torn his ACL.
With the likely duration of his layoff, i wonder if we will see him tog out for Munster again.

With Murray away with Ireland, Munster are now very light on options. Casey may have to play more often than Munster had planned.
He’s only 27. Might not even be halfway through his pro career.

There’s no pressure to give Casey any more minutes than he needs. There just isn’t much depth.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

dropkick wrote: October 13th, 2020, 7:17 pm During a break in play the camera was looking at a bunch of cardboard cutouts of all hardcore munster fans and there in among them was Reggie Corrigan. He's out of the closet!
They use that in the dressing room to get Peter O'Mahony to put his game face on. Always revitalises him from a tepid performance.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Bad news for rugby in general with it now looking like SA will not be competing in the Championship, but there is a big silver lining for Munster.

This now means that DeAllande will be available for Munster for the period that it would have taken place.

This is not only a benefit for team selections but also for having a man of his stature around the squad for our young out halves to learn from.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Yes, imagine the possibilities for player development...
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Joke of a club ??
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: October 18th, 2020, 9:00 pm Joke of a club ??
A shadow of their former self.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Interesting to see that Leicester have sold the naming rights for Welford road.
I haven’t had it confirmed, but I’m hearing that it was for £3m over 5 years.

Not a colossal figure, but would go a long way to support any team during these uncertain times.

A similar figure for the naming rights to TP would be something I would welcome with open arms.
Not only would Munster benefit from this but so too the IRFU.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

munster#1 wrote: October 20th, 2020, 1:11 pm Interesting to see that Leicester have sold the naming rights for Welford road.

Not a colossal figure, but would go a long way to support any team during these uncertain times.

A similar figure for the naming rights to TP would be something I would welcome with open arms.
IRFU get 50% of any additional multi-year ticket sales, 50% of any multi-year corporate box sales and 50% of net Thomond Park naming rights income on an annual basis.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

hugonaut wrote: October 20th, 2020, 2:09 pm
munster#1 wrote: October 20th, 2020, 1:11 pm Interesting to see that Leicester have sold the naming rights for Welford road.

IRFU get 50% of any additional multi-year ticket sales, 50% of any multi-year corporate box sales and 50% of net Thomond Park naming rights income on an annual basis.
That’s exactly what I meant when I said that it would benefit the IRFU.

Given that Covid restrictions could last well into next year and possibly beyond, these finances could play a small but welcome part in ensuring that professional rugby does not disappear from this island.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Munster
15. Mike Haley
14. Calvin Nash
13. Dan Goggin
12. Rory Scannell
11. Darren Sweetnam
10. Ben Healy
9. Craig Casey

1. James Cronin
2. Kevin O’Byrne
3. Stephen Archer
4. Fineen Wycherley
5. Billy Holland (capt)
6. Jack O’Donoghue
7. John Hodnett
8. Gavin Coombes

Replacements:
16. Rhys Marshall
17. Josh Wycherley
18. Roman Salanoa
19. Jean Kleyn
20. Chris Cloete
21. Nick McCarthy
22. JJ Hanrahan
23. Damian de Allende

14 starters came through the academy. JVG has gone from being very conservative on selections to being very brave this season. Must have got a bang on the head (from Nucifora).

Josh Wycherley to make his debut. I'll be watching his progress with interest from an ireland point of view too. We need the likes of him and Milne to progress. Long way to go of course.

Coombes at 8 is another one. He can lay down a marker in that position. Hodnett gets another chance.

Good to see Healy retained ahead of JJ. They need to give him as many minutes as possible to help him progress. With teams kicking more these days, his long kicks are a serious territory gainer. Casey starting will help him too.

Goggin makes a welcome return. Not much between him and Farrell imo. I would like to see him team up with de Allende.