Sports events 'must be on free TV'

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Sports events 'must be on free TV'

Post by Scott »

sarah_lennon wrote:Name and shame time. Who gave the Green's a 2nd preference on their ballot paper!?!?

Problem is, if you see one Green, there are probably a whole lot more you're not seeing
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Like rats.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

tate wrote: Minister Ryan, a rugby fan who played for Gonzaga College and UCD and whose uncle played for Munster,

Two more reasons right there to hate the b0ll0x.

I hate these Melons (green on the outside, red on the inside), Glasraí ..... whatever you want to call them.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Leinsterman wrote:
tate wrote: Minister Ryan, a rugby fan who played for Gonzaga College and UCD and whose uncle played for Munster,

Two more reasons right there to hate the b0ll0x.

I hate these Melons (green on the outside, red on the inside), Glasraí ..... whatever you want to call them.
i was terrifically confused when i read that quote back, wondering where on earth i found out about his uncle then realised it was from the newspaper article.

Edit: i will leave your blatant jealousy of either collidge or the green machine (delete where applicable) slide on this occasion
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Ryan has just been on Off the Ball on Newstalk. Did anyone hear it? It was awful rubbish IMO, the interviewer did a good job in pointing out the invalidity of a lot of his points. He compared watching rugby to watching boxing, for example. If it's possible for the Greens to go down even further in my estimation, they just did.
Dont Panic!
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

I could scream. It sounds very much like the decision has been made notwithstanding the period of consultation with is about to begin!!
I'm afraid the Minister's attempts on Off-The-Ball tonight was pitiful. Comparisons to the Ashes, sports coverage in Aus. & trying to keep the kids out of the pub. Christ in heaven

In fairness to Ger Gilroy, he gave him lackery.........
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Mackman15 wrote:I could scream. It sounds very much the decision has been made notwithstanding the period of consultation.
I'm afraid the Minister's attempts on Off-The-Ball tonight was pitiful. Comparisons to the Ashes, sports coverage in Aus. & trying to keep the kids out of the pub.

Agreed, I felt exactly the same. Whats the point of the consultation process when it sounds like he is ignoring the representations made? And yes, Ger Gilroy made his arguments sound even more foolish. I really find it incredible that he cannot grasp the fact that there will be no competitive Irish teams to watch!
Dont Panic!
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

I'd imagine it will be on Setanta later tonight. I'd imagine it will be part of the days highlights.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Mackman15 wrote:I'd imagine it will be on Setanta later tonight. I'd imagine it will be part of the days highlights.
Probably so, but I don't think I could watch it, I was getting annoyed enough listening to it earlier.
Dont Panic!
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

If only to watch Gilroy having a go....
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I was shouting at the radio listening to it. He really doesn't have a clue what he's on about but he seems not for turning, which is worrying.

When he was crapping on about the low audiences for the last two HC finals, I was shouting "but that doesn't include all the people watching it in pubs and clubs!!!!"
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Donny B. wrote:I was shouting at the radio listening to it. He really doesn't have a clue what he's on about but he seems not for turning, which is worrying.

When he was crapping on about the low audiences for the last two HC finals, I was shouting "but that doesn't include all the people watching it in pubs and clubs!!!!"

Indeed, and what are the views of the 35,000- 40,000 leinster supporters in the bloody stadium.
I wish he'd go and fu&k off and leave the sport to those that have some sense in what they are doing.
Does he not believe that these torturious decisions were not part of the considerations 10 years ago and 5 years ago when sky came with their cheque book.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Mackman15 wrote:I could scream. It sounds very much like the decision has been made notwithstanding the period of consultation with is about to begin!!
I'm afraid the Minister's attempts on Off-The-Ball tonight was pitiful. Comparisons to the Ashes, sports coverage in Aus. & trying to keep the kids out of the pub. Christ in heaven

Think it was Eoin McDevitt?
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Mackman15 wrote:I could scream. It sounds very much like the decision has been made notwithstanding the period of consultation with is about to begin!!

Not the first time he is making public statements while the boys in DCENR are griting their teeth and wishing he'd shut up.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Hippo wrote: Think it was Eoin McDevitt?
You're quiet right, Eoin McDevitt of course. Not for the first time have got their respective names wrong and really for no logical reason.

Praise indeed to Eoin Mc Devitt for putting the boot in........
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Leinsterman wrote:Not the first time he is making public statements while the boys in DCENR are griting their teeth and wishing he'd shut up.
How very, very true!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Even 20 Major has something to say about it:

"Politics, for the most part, is a profession for the deeply unhappy and stubbornly stupid. I listened to that c*nt Eamon Ryan on Newstalk last night speaking about how it was a sporting event of great cultural significance when an Irish team got to some rugby final and that he was demanding the game be shown on terrestrial TV.

The rugby folk are going mental because the TV money is vital to the game but because Ryan is too f*cking cheap to pay €20 a month for Sky Sports he reckons he can drain the game of money which, I suppose, goes to help all rugby clubs and maintain the standard of the game (not being a rugby fan I don’t really give a sh*t about that but pretty much anything the Green Party is for I am against).

Why do serial killers never kill politicians? There’s a question for a Friday."
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

T.C.B. wrote:Even 20 Major has something to say about it:

"Politics, for the most part, is a profession for the deeply unhappy and stubbornly stupid. I listened to that c*nt Eamon Ryan on Newstalk last night speaking about how it was a sporting event of great cultural significance when an Irish team got to some rugby final and that he was demanding the game be shown on terrestrial TV.

The rugby folk are going mental because the TV money is vital to the game but because Ryan is too f*cking cheap to pay €20 a month for Sky Sports he reckons he can drain the game of money which, I suppose, goes to help all rugby clubs and maintain the standard of the game (not being a rugby fan I don’t really give a sh*t about that but pretty much anything the Green Party is for I am against).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: duly noted!
Dont Panic!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Dexter wrote:
T.C.B. wrote:Even 20 Major has something to say about it:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: duly noted!
Well Dexter? Well!!!!!!!! :wink:
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Then IRFU seem to have been bluffing though, they take €10m-€12m every year in total from TV rights, including the 6N, which I'll be is more valuable than the HEC.