Munster Thread 2011-2012

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Munster Thread 2011-2012

Post by Oldschool »

ribs wrote:Earls, dineen, keatley and mafi were the only respectable performances. Lot of plane tickets to nz torn up tonight.
You are aware that Dekko doesn't pick on form, are you not?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

wixfjord wrote:I'd actually feel sorry for ROG if I didn't remember what a d1ck he is.

Runner-up for post of the week! :D
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Thought Earls showed up excellently in the centre, magnificent spirit.

We all know how hard ospreys make it if you don't have a full team.

Maybe people will cop on o'gara's finished now.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

That was bad. No leadership, no heart from some senior players and a complete capitulation. Those who were finishing with Munster tonight, some great servants amongst them, deserved to go out on better terms than that . That wasn't only one of the worst performances of ROG's career, it was one of the worst performances I've seen from an outhalf in the past 5 years. He carried the ball into contact 3 times which led to the concession of 3 tries. He threw passes to the deck. He stepped out of the way of tackles when things were circling the drain and when Munster were still in it, he simply got steamrolled. Worst of all, he didn't try. He threw the towel in with 15 minutes left and simply didn't bother. I think the last 15 phases approximately, he stood at first receiver once, happy to amble around and observe. Keatley was actually looking quite lively for his 20 minutes at outhalf. 32-0 for the time ROG was on the field.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

fourthirtythree wrote:Thought Earls showed up excellently in the centre, magnificent spirit.

Quite right...thought he had a great game...which given the overrall debacle he emerges with great credit. Was actually shouting for them tonight as it's extremely hard to shout for the hairsprays..even when they're playing Munster.

As for Rog.....before tonight I'd have been happy for him to make one final tour to NZ....now? Get someone else....anyone...who will do the jersey justice.
So long MO'D.....would rather you had gone out on a better note.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Jackal
Bookworm

Post by Jackal »

nelly the elephant wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Thought Earls showed up excellently in the centre, magnificent spirit.

Quite right...thought he had a great game...which given the overrall debacle he emerges with great credit. Was actually shouting for them tonight as it's extremely hard to shout for the hairsprays..even when they're playing Munster.

As for Rog.....before tonight I'd have been happy for him to make one final tour to NZ....now? Get someone else....anyone...who will do the jersey justice.
So long MO'D.....would rather you had gone out on a better note.
Earls was good in attack. Still needs a lot of work in defence but he was one of the better players on display from Munster

Madigan must go to NZ instead of ROG and Munster need to find his replacement ASAP. Never thought Keatley was the answer and still don't but in fairness to him he was one of the better players for Munster tonight. Thought DOC 2 was ok when he came on. Would have liked to have seen Kilcoyne and Butler on earlier as well. The match was lost early in second half and they would have benefited from the extra mins.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Dave Cahill wrote:This is real fin de siècle stuff from Munster
This. Ironic in a way because I always felt they gave their most complete performance in demolishing Ospreys in the 2009 HC QF. That was followed the Lions team announcement and at that stage Munster were THE team in Europe. Then O'Leary was badly injured against Scarlets and we demolished them in the SF and suddenly the air of invincibility vanished.
A proud Winsome Fluter
hope not expectation
Bookworm

Post by hope not expectation »

I think that the worst Munster performance I've seen. It's sad to see MOD go out on a note like that.
In fairness I thought that the Keatley-Mafi-Earls combo looked useful. It fell apart though when Keatley moved to FB
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

ribs wrote:Earls, dineen, keatley and mafi were the only respectable performances. Lot of plane tickets to nz torn up tonight.
You're obviously ignorant of all the unseen work that went on so.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
sforan
Bookworm

Post by sforan »

So I missed last nights game and completely forgot to record it. Anybody know where I can see it (or highlights) online? Can't find it on RTE player, YouTube, club sites...
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

sforan wrote:So I missed last nights game and completely forgot to record it. Anybody know where I can see it (or highlights) online? Can't find it on RTE player, YouTube, club sites...
I wouldn't bother. It was appalling, unless you get your kicks in watching Munster being totally demoralised and quiet frankly, embarrassed.
LEINSTER pour toujours
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

simplythebest wrote:
sforan wrote:So I missed last nights game and completely forgot to record it. Anybody know where I can see it (or highlights) online? Can't find it on RTE player, YouTube, club sites...
I wouldn't bother. It was appalling, unless you get your kicks in watching Munster being totally demoralised and quiet frankly, embarrassed.
Actually thought it was quite an entertaining game. Ospreys scored some fine tries and it wasn't their fault that Munster capitulated.

I must admit, the wailing and gnashing of teeth over on Shelbyville.com is quite amusing reading. :D
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Donny B. wrote:
simplythebest wrote:
Actually thought it was quite an entertaining game. Ospreys scored some fine tries and it wasn't their fault that Munster capitulated.

I must admit, the wailing and gnashing of teeth over on Shelbyville.com is quite amusing reading. :D

Just went over there for some light reading, their sense of entitlement is arrogant in the extreme, this example one of the funnier:

" I think the IRFU should take the finger out. This is a crisis.We should be allowed to sign:Madigan, McFadden, Conway, Dominic Ryan, Rhys RuddockAll of whom are completely underused by Leinster. It is not fair that we have to watch our team in such straits while Leinster get to enjoy superior playing numbers. Leisnter could survive without those players whereas players like Madigan,McFadden and Ruddock could revitalise our team."
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
illthinkofsomething
Bookworm

Post by illthinkofsomething »

domhnallj wrote:
You're obviously ignorant of all the unseen work that went on so.
:) ..... Wait till you see, half that squad will travel to NZ.....wouldn't be surprised to see the great MOD talked out of retirement to cover for POC!

It is the first time I can rember seing Earls linking up and creating, good game at centre I thought - still think he is a dam fine winger though.

Australia are the most inovative side in world rugby IMO what is McG going to bring to that table???

Apart from the new coach bounce is there any hope for Penny with those players and ROG telling him what to do?
2009 2011 2012
Lions me hole, I have no interest in watching Irishmen getting injured playing for England in Welsh shirts....it has a ring of the Somme to it
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

illthinkofsomething wrote:
Apart from the new coach bounce is there any hope for Penny with those players and ROG telling him what to do?
Maybe newpenny won't listen.....
Four Stars
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

Donny B. wrote:I must admit, the wailing and gnashing of teeth over on Shelbyville.com is quite amusing reading. :D
Went in for a quick look. Chrips they're inconsolable. Surprised to see them starting to turn on Foley.
LEINSTER pour toujours
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

deco wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

Just went over there for some light reading, their sense of entitlement is arrogant in the extreme, this example one of the funnier:

" I think the IRFU should take the finger out. This is a crisis.We should be allowed to sign:Madigan, McFadden, Conway, Dominic Ryan, Rhys RuddockAll of whom are completely underused by Leinster. It is not fair that we have to watch our team in such straits while Leinster get to enjoy superior playing numbers. Leisnter could survive without those players whereas players like Madigan,McFadden and Ruddock could revitalise our team."
:shock:

It's utterly amazing. That was a poor performance by all accounts (didn't see the game myself) but they have had horrific luck with injuries. They'll need time to develop a new team under Penny but you'd swear it was the end of the world.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Cianostays wrote: It's utterly amazing. That was a poor performance by all accounts (didn't see the game myself) but they have had horrific luck with injuries. .
There comes a point when you have to say there's too much of a coincidence for things to be purely down to luck. Too many injuries at this point. There are several instances of the same injury recurring and of players being sent out who aren't fit. Too many players are injury prone. You have to question the preparation and conditioning of the players by medical and fitness staff for them to be so susceptible to injury. The fact that Munster sacked one of their senior conditioning staff in recent weeks supports that.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

ceemec wrote:
Cianostays wrote: It's utterly amazing. That was a poor performance by all accounts (didn't see the game myself) but they have had horrific luck with injuries. .
There comes a point when you have to say there's too much of a coincidence for things to be purely down to luck. Too many injuries at this point. There are several instances of the same injury recurring and of players being sent out who aren't fit. Too many players are injury prone. You have to question the preparation and conditioning of the players by medical and fitness staff for them to be so susceptible to injury. The fact that Munster sacked one of their senior conditioning staff in recent weeks supports that.
A good point but, even taking that into account, some of the downright abuse that McGahan has gotten and the end of days attitude from some of their posters is farcical and absurd.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

ceemec wrote:
I agree with you, there must be something not right in the coaching staff. The number and frequency of injuries was remarkable this season. We have lost nearly every single player through injury this season at some point, aswell as having a fair amount of long term injuries.
As a player you are judged by how you play, and as a s&c coach you have to be judged by player fitness.

I don't buy too much into the mass hysteria being talked about, but last night was the worst performance i have ever seen from a muster team. Very few positives from yesterday, but imo earls was very good, dineen showed great promise again, pom made a few very good turnovers, and i liked the way murray has gone back to basics in his last 2 outings. I hope we get to see himself and marshall fight it out in nz.

In reference to the quote from munsterfans forum, just because someone calls themself a duck does't mean they are a duck.

Well our season is over, so best of luck to leinster over the next few weeks
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.