Munster - WUM's

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Spud
Beginner

Munster - WUM's

Post by Spud »

Munster WUM's really get my goat. For years Munster had a great team and they were forever rubbing it in. Now that Leinster have become 'THE' force in the NH, whilst Munster are die'ing a slow death, one of them has it in his head to try and belittle Leinsters achievements.

Look at MunsteMicko's comment, at the end of the article... http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/i ... 09001.html
A spud a day... the Irish way!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Re: Munster - WUM's

Post by Avenger »

Leave them to it. Not worth getting upset over. The longer they are in denial, the longer the recovery will take.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

"The best teams in Europe are all in transition at the moment, so Leinster are winning titles that are of less value"

Now that is thinking outside the box. Bravo sir, absolute genius! :green clap:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Spud wrote:Munster WUM's really get my goat. For years Munster had a great team and they were forever rubbing it in. Now that Leinster have become 'THE' force in the NH, whilst Munster are die'ing a slow death, one of them has it in his head to try and belittle Leinsters achievements.

Look at MunsteMicko's comment, at the end of the article... http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/i ... 09001.html
I love that stuff!
All about the "Ethos" or the "Munster Way". I love hearing Sheehan go on about players having to buy into this majestic aura created by what can only be called- One eyed determinism! Fair play to a certain extent, it was that drive and one eyedness that willed them over the line when it counted. But when its spoken about new signings or incoming coaches..... not so good.

These players and coaches are been brought in to bring something that is MISSING form the current set up, to replace the "Ethos" with a new direction. The game has moved away from being able to win a game by route one doggedness, it is regressive to try and bring in something evolved beyond your own present state and insist it be deconstructed and remolded to fit your own level of development.

All that shite talk reminds me of the line from Intermission:
"I suppose me only real human quality, is me love for celtic mysticism"
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

His name is Micko,
You know that he has problems
Leave the poor man be

~Haiku
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

That idiot is always posting on the Indo's rugby section. Ignore.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I am 100% convinced that the Indo have now got a plan to become the daily mail of Ireland attracting users online with utter shite articles and blatant trolling.
Hugh Farrelly is the epitome of this with the recent utter shite he's been writing, and I would not put it past them that "Munstermicko" who seems to constantly troll the Indo comment section, is an Indo employee!
Blåränderna
Graduate

Post by Blåränderna »

Ah lads like this Munstermicko are just petty, blind fans. You will never really enjoy the game of rugby if you view it that way. Even his fellow Munster men don't agree with him. Sadly certain clubs just attract this kind of bull headed, uneducated fan, who shame their jersey more than anything.
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

How is there a whole thread dedicated to some anonymous gobshite who posts on the on-line copy of a rag of a newspaper?

We're number one and we still let bitter words from WUMs bring us down. We should be better than this.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

It's quite likely that it's someone just having a laugh trying to get a rise out of people. I doubt they are being serious and are probably enjoying the attention it's getting.
D2 Blue
Bookworm

Post by D2 Blue »

Blåränderna wrote:Ah lads like this Munstermicko are just petty, blind fans. You will never really enjoy the game of rugby if you view it that way. Even his fellow Munster men don't agree with him. Sadly certain clubs just attract this kind of bull headed, uneducated fan, who shame their jersey more than anything.

Ah but you're forgetting, its all about "the jersey" and don't forget the "pride" and the "passion" too.

As if no other team in the history of sport, never mind rugby, were proud of playing for their team and wore their jersey with pride and played with passion.

As you know, Kerry, Dublin, Cork, Tyrone football teams never show any pride in wearing their county colours and Kilkenny, Cork (again), Galway and Antrim hurling teams never play with every ounce of passion in them.

Munster and their supporters are obviously hurting, in the same way that our team and supporters did year after year until 2008 (league) and 2009 (HEC). So it doesnt bother me or others if they try to belittle Leinster's achievements over the last year or two. Its the misty eyed Celtic warrior sh*%e that was spouted out for so long that annoys me. In fairness it was fuelled by the media and a strong marketing machine and it obviously worked because so many bought into the hallowed turf, 16th man, liginds stuff that we heard for so long [and we've had Blue Magic :? ]

As for meeja bias, don't get me started
Gwan Leinster!! Gwan Seapoint Dragons!!
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

i quite like the fact that some people might think like that

we know better

but i'd be happy to admit they are correct

then point out that the standard is unlikely to be so sh!t ever again

then point out that this makes it extremely unlikely that munster will ever be able to equal the achievement

then smile and move along
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Not my team = Not interested.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Who cares?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

wixfjord wrote:I am 100% convinced that the Indo have now got a plan to become the daily mail of Ireland attracting users online with utter shite articles and blatant trolling.
Hugh Farrelly is the epitome of this with the recent utter shite he's been writing, and I would not put it past them that "Munstermicko" who seems to constantly troll the Indo comment section, is an Indo employee!
That is precisely the business plan of nearly every newspaper online. It's why people like Kevin Myers etc. have jobs. Trolling clickwhores the lot of them. There is absolutely no pretence left with that ilk of ethics or standards.

Don't worry about it. They'll all be gone very shortly. None of them can afford it. The "social reader" apps have collapsed in usage in the last month or two for example. And with the standards they are currently setting who cares? It's not like we'll be missing out on quality critical or investigative journalism.
Blåränderna
Graduate

Post by Blåränderna »

fourthirtythree wrote:
wixfjord wrote:I am 100% convinced that the Indo have now got a plan to become the daily mail of Ireland attracting users online with utter shite articles and blatant trolling.
That is precisely the business plan of nearly every newspaper online. It's why people like Kevin Myers etc. have jobs. Trolling clickwhores the lot of them. There is absolutely no pretence left with that ilk of ethics or standards.

Don't worry about it. They'll all be gone very shortly. None of them can afford it. The "social reader" apps have collapsed in usage in the last month or two for example. And with the standards they are currently setting who cares? It's not like we'll be missing out on quality critical or investigative journalism.
Agreed 100%. I intern'd in one of the bigger newspapers in this country and was taken back by the common hacks desire to find some sort of sensationalist line in every story they wrote. It actually put my off journalism nearly completely. I believe that newspapers and non-redtop media outlets have a duty of care in their reportage, but it is distinctly lacking in this country for the most part. Most of what is written in newspapers is sensationalist garbage.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Not my line, but I love the quote "Their bitter tears taste so sweet" when it comes to Munster fans in denial! ;-)
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I thought this was going to be about the Munster WUMs that frequent this forum :(

It must be Kidneys blatant Leinster bias that has him picking so many powder puff forwards like Sean O'Brien :D
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Speaking of the rag (Indo) and sensationalism and jumping on a marketed theme, whats happened Wardy?
Hasn't written a piece in a while I believe
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Pride/passion/cousin f**kers v leinstertainment/blue magic/ladyboys

All tomatoes

Move on nothing to see here