Munster Thread 2012-2013

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Munster Thread 2012-2013

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Second half was absolutely brilliant. Tactically and physically they were excellent. Congrats to them, fully deserved.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Well done! Great performance!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:Mad stuff.

Munster are gash per sé but are in a HC semi :?
It's like all the cliches say; they just know how to win these type of games. When they're playing flaky teams like Quins. Clermont will be a different issue. But fair play to them- they deserved to win.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

tackle-bag wrote:POC hasn't just played his way onto the plane to Australia here, but showed that he has a real chance of making the Test side. After just 3 games back, he's arguably the form second row in Europe.
Second that, he was immense.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

leinster4life13 wrote:Dear god the commentators are talking about miracles, stories and DNA.....kill me now.

Agreed.

And so the wankfest begins from here on in.

Jaysus, this is going to be unbearable all week
3 Gold Stars
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Quinny talking about "honesty"...ffs it's never far from the surface is it? Thought Poc spoke really well in his interview.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

leinster4life13 wrote:
tackle-bag wrote:POC hasn't just played his way onto the plane to Australia here, but showed that he has a real chance of making the Test side. After just 3 games back, he's arguably the form second row in Europe.
Class is permanent.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Don't know where Munster pulled that performance from but well done to them. They were superb.
A proud Winsome Fluter
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

leinster4life13 wrote:

+1
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
red49
Knowledgeable

Post by red49 »

Absolutely delighted, will worry about clermont on another day and theres lots to occupy my mind there but today was great. Poc was immense, tod and pom excellent too, see ye at the weekend.
Retired
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Not many gave them a chance but they were worthy winners today. Huge task in the semi against Clermont who look to be on another level to everyone else but thats a job for another day. Just enjoy todays win for now.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

They did really well to improve their scrum too. It was the only real hope for Quins up until Munster improved.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Can we put to bed Conor O'Shea being the next coach? He's not up to it just yet. Needs to do something major at Heineken Cup level first.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Just trying to envisage how they could conceivably beat Clermont. It's a nearly impossible task unless Clermont suffer a freak series of injuries in the coming weeks. If they were to lose a few of Rougerie, Parra, Fofana and Sivivatu, it might be an even enough contest. Otherwise, I suspect the best Munster could achieve would be a respectable loss.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

POC was immense! Close to as goo as he was in 2006/7 days. Makes you have to ask if he's been fit at all over the last 4ish years. As said before he's on the Quantas flight after only few couple of games back, one of which was for Young Munster!!

One of the few avantages of being an emigrant is I get to miss out on the RTE munsterwanking that'll be the build-up to our game next week now.

3 letters and 2 words for everyone to consider: ASM Clermont Auvergne.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

Oldschool wrote:You look at the 9 and 10 for each team and the phrase "No Brainer" comes to mind.
I agree..
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

hugonaut wrote:
I think the Quins backrow aren't just a better unit, most of them are better players. You could argue about O'Mahony vs Fa'asavalu – O'Mahony is probably more influential to his team and definitely has better skills, but he can't generate the same power as the Samoan, and that should be a big part of any blindside's game. I think it'll be a very tough match for Munster to win.
I know that was a well thought out position you took pre-game hugo, just wondering what you think now?
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Well done Munster. Delighted for them and it's great to still have Irish interest in the HEC.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Oulart
Learner

Post by Oulart »

Congratulations to Munster! How long before Mark McCafferty ascertains that Quins were tired from their exploits against the mighty Gloucester 9 days ago?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oulart wrote:Congratulations to Munster! How long before Mark McCafferty ascertains that Quins were tired from their exploits against the mighty Gloucester 9 days ago?
thankfully theres 2 french semi finalists in HC and at least 1 in Amlin

ominous time for us for POC to come back and play so well
Botha had his best game in red for quite some time too
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon