Ulster Thread 2012-13

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Ulster Thread 2012-13

Post by tackle-bag »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Ashton literally dived over the ruck there and Poite just shrugged his shoulders. Incredible
It's ridiculous to say in an 18 point game, but he has actually been the difference between the teams. Ulster have played poorly but he has shafted them at every available opportunity. I've thought he's a poor referee for a long time but this performance has been a disgrace.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
red49
Knowledgeable

Post by red49 »

just once i want to see the ball fall out of that pricks hand ,good try though, game over,poite hasnt helped but ulster have been really dissapointing.
Retired
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

This is Kidneyesque stuff in terms of watching Jackson stand so deep and not doing anything about it.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

On the plus side Bowe has looked in decent shape since he came on.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Tommy B looking good since his introduction.

Poite aside and some iffy decisions, the Saracens defence has been very good.

Shite spectacle tho for HC QF
3 Gold Stars
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I've sympathy for Pienaar there but he probably should have been taken off a while ago. Incredibly flat performance.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Ulster simply haven't turned up.

Not good enough, not accurate enough, too many unforced errors. Poite hasn't helped them, but they would have lost regardless of who was refereeing.

Sarries are simply one of the dullest teams I've ever seen play the game. Farrell is actually deeper then Jackson ffs. They wont go much further playing that anti-rugby shite.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

of all the c**ts to score the winning try! Very disappointed in ulster. Offered nothing in attack. Why couldn't they have played like that last week?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Outstanding try. Looks like the spark they needed earlier may actually have been Olding.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That was like a dream. Just flat and no atmosphere at all, barely even a cheer at full time.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

I'd say that's the end of Best's Lions hopes, couldnt hit a barn door with his throws. Ulster lost this game due to lineout throws and Poite's interesting reffing decisions. Sarries defence was good but they were allowed to slow ball down all day at breakdown.

As an aside "The Wolfpack" would you ever go and shite.
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

Positives for Ireland, Bowe, Olding and Henderson.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Alex Payne just said that Saracens were "very professional". That's the kind of thing you say when playing someone rubbish...which is probably fair based on today's performance.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Hard Luck Ulster , but by jaysus did they not turn up there. Very frustrating for their fans.
3 Gold Stars
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

TerenureJim wrote: As an aside "The Wolfpack" would you ever go and shite.
DIdn't see it , whats that now ?
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dexter wrote:Check out this nonsense from Saracens:
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/h ... 71986.html
Saracens have taken their use of innovations in their pursuit of a Heineken Cup and Aviva Premiership double to new extremes by bringing in a pair of wolves to a team meeting to illuminate their “wolf pack” defensive philosophy.
After each match Gustard, who will be part of England’s coaching team for the tour of Argentina this summer, rates players for both the number and physicality of tackles made, with three players nominated for the highly-sought after “wolf rating” billing.

“The wolf rating is the most sought after,” said Gustard, who began posting up the results on a “wolf board” at the club’s training ground near St Albans during the Six Nations.
Check the link
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

Reckon there's a fair chance the amlin cup final will have more people in attendance than the Heineken cup final. Looks like a scarcens v clermont final reckon there'll be 30k tops in the aviva.
On today's game, ulster were an embarrassment, they had no idea how to break the sarries defense. Sarries are the most boring team in the world to watch. Olding looks a great prospect, let's hope Henderson gets game time this summer for Ireland, thought ulster got smashed at the breakdown and Chris Henry was shown up a bit by a proper 7(in his defense he had little support hendersons a second row playing out of position and Williams work rate is to say the least questionable) best cant go on the lions tour after that, his throwing has been awful for the last 2 months. All in all a very disappointing evening.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

lummix wrote:Reckon there's a fair chance the amlin cup final will have more people in attendance than the Heineken cup final. Looks like a scarcens v clermont final reckon there'll be 30k tops in the aviva.
If its Clermont, they'll fill it on their own.
I have Bumbleflex
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

No way, I'm there!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I'm on the truly awful position of rooting for Leicester in that side of the draw as the lesser of three evils. Clermont will murder any of them though and hopefully restore balance to the rugby universe.