Sky to cover Rabo??

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

suisse
Shane Jennings

Re: Sky to cover Rabo??

Post by suisse »

tones wrote:
suisse wrote:
ceemec wrote:If Sky have exclusive rights, it doesn't matter if matches are easy to get online now. They won't be online. No other station will be allowed show them and therefore there will be no online feed. As it stands, there are about 4 or 5 games a season that aren't shown live. The last few weeks seem to have skewed perceptions. They are the only games that have not been live on TV this season. The vast majority of games are televised. If Sky get exclusive rights, I'd expect the number of Leinster games not televised to double. I couldn't care less if people don't like Hook or don't speak Irish. It's worth sticking with to actually get to see the games which we wouldn't if Sky had the rights.
Well, in fairness ceemec, every Leinster HEC game in shown LIVE on Sky Sports. Over the past 3/4 years, can you think of another team that is always live, and not on a red button? Munster have not had that luxury yet. Even when we were a bit sh!t - Castres away in 2008 - we were live on the TV. The Rabo is not a good competition, but it has big potential. SKY can deliver that. Even if we weren't live on a weekend, you can sure there would be a dedicated magazine programme showing comprehensive highlights and analysis. Not 'Against The Head' style rubbish. Sticking with RTE is doing nothing for this League. If there was a dedicated broadcaster, it might help.

Besides, we don't know their running schedule yet. Perhaps they are willing to regionalise their matches? I would certainly consider whatever their proposal is, and if they are pumping large sums in, giving it maximum exposure and fixing kick off time well in advance with a dedicated round-up programme/show, then the Celtic nations will have to seriously consider this proposal.

I remember the away game to Clermont in 2011 was not televised. I had to watch it on a crappy weblink which kept skipping....
They showed Leicester v some Welsh region in Welford road instead.
Oh right, cheers.
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

I've always wondered why TV3 and Setanta never teamed up like they did for the World Cup in '07.

They could leave BBCNI with Ulster, then TV3 show one match a week and Setanta get two.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

waterboy wrote:I've always wondered why TV3 and Setanta never teamed up like they did for the World Cup in '07.
Because it would interfere with their viewers weekly dose of 'vag flashers from offaly' or whatever shite it is they show
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Dave Cahill wrote:
waterboy wrote:I've always wondered why TV3 and Setanta never teamed up like they did for the World Cup in '07.
Because it would interfere with their viewers weekly dose of 'vag flashers from offaly' or whatever shite it is they show
Wow, never saw that one, that could be traumatising.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

They could leave BBCNI with Ulster, then TV3 show one match a week and Setanta get two.

More Trevor Brennan?????????
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

if there were travellers playing rugby TV3 would show it
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon