Aviva Premiership: something exciting happens

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Aviva Premiership: something exciting happens

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Even allowing for that list being a nonsense because of the hidden payments to players (Farrell and Ford below Ashton and Priestland :lol: ), that's an awful lot of money for Afoa.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Even allowing for that list being a nonsense because of the hidden payments to players (Farrell and Ford below Ashton and Priestland :lol: ), that's an awful lot of money for Afoa.
maybe theyve gone for Toulon's bonus structure

found it on a site I just found http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/

some good stuff on it
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Priestland earning more than Ford does actually make sense if those are just club salaries. I would be very surprised if Priestland isn't being heftily financially compensated by Bath for making himself unavailable for internationals.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Very possibly, but as a whole I don't believe that list for a second. Well, I believe the figures that are given, just not that there aren't other players earning more in complex deals.

Shows what we're up against though, imagine an Irish province paying £310k for someone like Cipriani.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Very possibly, but as a whole I don't believe that list for a second. Well, I believe the figures that are given, just not that there aren't other players earning more in complex deals.

Shows what we're up against though, imagine an Irish province paying £310k for someone like Cipriani.
hes the missing link between Madigan and Zebo
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Very possibly, but as a whole I don't believe that list for a second. Well, I believe the figures that are given, just not that there aren't other players earning more in complex deals.

Think of the XXX factor!

Ummm no, better not . . .
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Morf wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Think of the XXX factor!

Ummm no, better not . . .
:lol:
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

You know they feature in GT's dreams with extra va va voom . . .
Vamos los azules
Mullet

The Cipriani one did raise my eyebrows fairly high as well. Francois Louw also needs a pay rise if those figures are taken at face value because he is a fantastic player who should be among the top earners (in my opinion anyway).
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Vamos los azules wrote:

The Cipriani one did raise my eyebrows fairly high as well. Francois Louw also needs a pay rise if those figures are taken at face value because he is a fantastic player who should be among the top earners (in my opinion anyway).
he signed new deal in 2013 but has been subject to many reports in France of megabucks offers coming his way
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Even allowing for that list being a nonsense because of the hidden payments to players (Farrell and Ford below Ashton and Priestland :lol: ), that's an awful lot of money for Afoa.
It is also a nonsense because a lot of PRL contracts have not been even mentioned in the press, most Saracens ones are just announced as a new long term contract with no time declared, I suppose that is a way around wage amounts as someone could sign a 1 million contract and it could be 1 year or 5 years and no one will know except the accountants.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Wasn't that a big part of their payment system scam? Players would be on different salaries for different years, one year you would be a marquee player and get more than an other year (when someone else got to be the marquee signing)...
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

fourthirtythree wrote:Wasn't that a big part of their payment system scam? Players would be on different salaries for different years, one year you would be a marquee player and get more than an other year (when someone else got to be the marquee signing)...
that was what they were doing but settlement/secret closing of loopholes supposed to have ended that
wage cap is soaring anyway now that they start spending the BT money
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

simonokeeffe wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Wasn't that a big part of their payment system scam? Players would be on different salaries for different years, one year you would be a marquee player and get more than an other year (when someone else got to be the marquee signing)...
that was what they were doing but settlement/secret closing of loopholes supposed to have ended that

So now they are back to good old fashioned under the table payments then?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

fourthirtythree wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

its wolf of wall street stuff for them now

meant to post this last week, not for faint of heart, Maro Itoje stamped on face of Worcester hooker Nick Schonert, results below
Show Spoiler:
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

fourthirtythree wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Never stopped them, most of their squad have limited companies doing various "work" for the club also a lot of the club income is from SA and buried in a mass of holding companies so it would take a full blown investigation by forensic accountants to even get an idea how Sarries are funded.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Faletau has joined Bath for next season
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Jimmy G charged down for the second time. Kicked out on the full. Not having a great start.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Vamos los azules
Mullet

So, Rhys Priestland has now changed his mind about the sabbatical from international rugby:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35189332

I'd have loved to have seen the reaction from Mike Ford when Priestland dropped that little gem.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Vamos los azules wrote:So, Rhys Priestland has now changed his mind about the sabbatical from international rugby:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35189332

I'd have loved to have seen the reaction from Mike Ford when Priestland dropped that little gem.
nuts to Mike Ford, Bruce Craig is going to burn his village