The "I cant believe it's not the Heineken Cup" Final 2015

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

All Blacks nil
Mullet

Re: The "I cant believe it's not the Heineken Cup" Final 201

Post by All Blacks nil »

An all French final on foreign soil is obviously the worst scenario as regards ticket sales. European finals need fervent fanatical crowds. I was at the 05? Final in Lansdowne for Toulousse v Perpignan. Reasonable crowd, 20 odd thousand, mainly Munster and Leinster fans who took the chance and bought final tickets, but no atmosphere. That was the year Leinster had the dream home 1/4, semi and final prospect but were caught napping by Perpignan in the semi a day after Toulouse knocked Munster out in France
The ERC (at the time) were left cursing their luck
Europe will miss the red and blue armies. God forbid one of them didn't qualify for the competition itself.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

All Blacks nil wrote:An all French final on foreign soil is obviously the worst scenario as regards ticket sales. European finals need fervent fanatical crowds. I was at the 05? Final in Lansdowne for Toulousse v Perpignan. Reasonable crowd, 20 odd thousand, mainly Munster and Leinster fans who took the chance and bought final tickets, but no atmosphere. That was the year Leinster had the dream home 1/4, semi and final prospect but were caught napping by Perpignan in the semi a day after Toulouse knocked Munster out in France
The ERC (at the time) were left cursing their luck
Europe will miss the red and blue armies. God forbid one of them didn't qualify for the competition itself.
Sweet trolling bro!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

am I right in saying they switched the rotation of the final to between the 3 leagues not the composite unions?

so next years final will be in France one would assume
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

I believe both the SRU and FFR have applied and the next final will be in either Edinburgh or Marseille.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Muriel wrote:I believe both the SRU and FFR have applied and the next final will be in either Edinburgh or Marseille.
Go Embra so !, if I never go back to Marseille it will time enough.
Flying wedge
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Muriel wrote:I believe both the SRU and FFR have applied and the next final will be in either Edinburgh or Marseille.
cheers
Marseille it is then
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

BOD is Auvergnat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oRHFSFd ... ata_player

He jumps.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Xanthippe wrote:Has anyone here received their Golden Tickets yet? Ordered and paid for ours last August and now they're telling me I may have to pick them up on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon!

If it wasn't so ridiculous it would be funny - the ERCC are busy retweeting pictures of people happy to have received their FREE tickets and yet refuse to answer queries from Golden Ticket holders who have been shafted!!!
I only received ours yesterday Tuesday 28th..........buddy based in London got his a week ago.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

footrush wrote:Anyone who signed up for World Cup tkts are now being offered 2 for 1 for saturday ....... only a matter of time before people with Pro 12 final tkts will be offered the same deal ....... can't wait :roll:
I'm waiting for the free beer, steak and dancing girls before I claim my free ticket.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

rooster wrote:
footrush wrote:Anyone who signed up for World Cup tkts are now being offered 2 for 1 for saturday ....... only a matter of time before people with Pro 12 final tkts will be offered the same deal ....... can't wait :roll:
I'm waiting for the free beer, steak and dancing girls before I claim my free ticket.
:clap:
Flying wedge
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

rooster wrote:
You're out of luck there Rooster but if you do go you'll be entitled to a free Ulster flag. In an email they sent me (to stop me hassling them on Twitter!) they promised to give attendees a free flag for their own club so we can wave them in the stadium to show the watching world that every team's supporters are behind the competition!!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Toulon fan
Bookworm

Post by Toulon fan »

Finally, I would like to see Clermont to win this one. Only because they are already suffering from PTSD, since 2013, and 2009, 2008, 2007, 2001, 1999, 1994, but also 1978, 1970, 1937 and 1936, as well... And I wouldn't like to martyrize more those poor people who deserve the new cup of empty stadiums. :D Go Clermont!
I'm french. Please correct my english mistakes !
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Toulon fan wrote:Finally, I would like to see Clermont to win this one. Only because they are already suffering from PTSD, since 2013, and 2009, 2008, 2007, 2001, 1999, 1994, but also 1978, 1970, 1937 and 1936, as well... And I wouldn't like to martyrize more those poor people who deserve the new cup of empty stadiums. :D Go Clermont!

HaHa!

Wait for it....

Anyways, good luck to both teams in the final
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Xanthippe wrote:
rooster wrote:
You're out of luck there Rooster but if you do go you'll be entitled to a free Ulster flag. In an email they sent me (to stop me hassling them on Twitter!) they promised to give attendees a free flag for their own club so we can wave them in the stadium to show the watching world that every team's supporters are behind the competition!!!!
I have plenty of flags, but might drop the dancing girls if there is additional beer or pepper sauce with the steak, if I was going I would be waving a Clermont flag
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

VGE wrote:BOD is Auvergnat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oRHFSFd ... ata_player

He jumps.

Au revoir.
I have my scarf from the last visit to Clermont-Ferrand a few years ago... will be wearing my blue and yellow in hope and expectation.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Well the names may have changed but the choke remains the same
I have Bumbleflex
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Clermont playing like they don't believe they can win!
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

That's more like it Clermont!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

And thats more like Clermont.
I have Bumbleflex
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Dave Cahill wrote:And thats more like Clermont.
A bit like leinster, too, if we're being honest. Brainless chip at the end.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"