Kimmage running down rugby..

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

berniemac67
Mullet

Re: Kimmage running down rugby..

Post by berniemac67 »

RoboProp wrote:Kimmage having a cut at BOD now. Classy guy
wow you are sensitive. i would suggest that you take a deep breath and read it again without assuming there is any insult or cut being made. it reads to me as though he is simply saying he would have written it differently. reading much more into it seems unreasonable,
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

berniemac67 wrote:
wow you are sensitive. i would suggest that you take a deep breath and read it again without assuming there is any insult or cut being made. it reads to me as though he is simply saying he would have written it differently. reading much more into it seems unreasonable,
Despite also saying that he didn't read it.
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
berniemac67 wrote:
Despite also saying that he didn't read it.
he reviewed the structure and felt he would have done it differently. i don't see the problem. he had access to the same starting material as the eventual writer, and so he could make that evaluation.

lads on here really need to take a chill pill.
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'm not having a go, just think he should read it properly if he's going to comment.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:he should read it properly if he's going to comment.
If he'd any cop at all, he simply wouldn't have commented. That's just not his style, though!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

My two cents, Kimmage sees PEDs in rugby as his new bête noire, so when the greatest of all time asks him to ghost write his autobiography he thinks to himself "here is my chance" BOD doesn't see it that way and they part on amicable enough terms. Kimmage chambers his round to used at another time, which is now.

I have the same problem with Kimmage that I have with the likes of Henry Hill.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

In fairness, BODs book is awful dross. Bill Romanowskis and the Roy Keane books are how you write a sports biography, you need to have a bit of character and meat to make it work.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

leinster4life13 wrote:In fairness, BODs book is awful dross. Bill Romanowskis and the Roy Keane books are how you write a sports biography, you need to have a bit of character and meat to make it work.
Yeah , but you knew it would be a puff piece he reps too many charities and brands to be seen doing a hatchet job
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

RoboProp wrote:
leinster4life13 wrote:In fairness, BODs book is awful dross. Bill Romanowskis and the Roy Keane books are how you write a sports biography, you need to have a bit of character and meat to make it work.
Yeah , but you knew it would be a puff piece he reps too many charities and brands to be seen doing a hatchet job
Begs the question of why he brought it out(aside from cashing in, which, fair enough, capitalist country, go for it).
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Kimmage phrased it like a Fox news headline, just proposed a non committal hollow hypothetical question
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

He was on the Saturday night show.

I could not figure out what he was up to. It was a bit bizarre, using the words rugby and doping but was not linking them. The only concrete thing he did say was players take legal supplements and pain killers.

There should always be questions about doping and how a sport treats it youngsters but Kimmage was just half baked on saturday night. No weight behind anything other than "I got Lance". There are real questions about concussion and how its handled, but not a word on that issue.
I'd would have expected more from him, maybe it was under advise he held back. No matter what you think of how he deals with the subject matter or his writing style, he usually generates debate and does ask uncomfortable questions - but that interview did not go anywhere. One things for sure Kimmage, would not let one of his interviewees off the hook like that.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

olaf the fat wrote:He was on the Saturday night show.

I could not figure out what he was up to. It was a bit bizarre, using the words rugby and doping but was not linking them. The only concrete thing he did say was players take legal supplements and pain killers.

There should always be questions about doping and how a sport treats it youngsters but Kimmage was just half baked on saturday night. No weight behind anything other than "I got Lance". There are real questions about concussion and how its handled, but not a word on that issue.
I'd would have expected more from him, maybe it was under advise he held back. No matter what you think of how he deals with the subject matter or his writing style, he usually generates debate and does ask uncomfortable questions - but that interview did not go anywhere. One things for sure Kimmage, would not let one of his interviewees off the hook like that.
he is just trying to get attention and worry parents

purposely blurring supplements, PEDs and medical treatment into one

he could talk about (peer) pressures on schoolkids to bulk up or take supplements but thats not as sexy
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

"A guy bent over a table taking a suppositry, is that sport to you? for me its not"

Very revealing Paul, thank you.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

OTT wrote:"A guy bent over a table taking a suppositry, is that sport to you? for me its not"

Wasn't the player Alan Quinlan? He wrote about that in one of his Irish Times columns a while back.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

nc6000 wrote:
OTT wrote:"A guy bent over a table taking a suppositry, is that sport to you? for me its not"

Wasn't the player Alan Quinlan? He wrote about that in one of his Irish Times columns a while back.
how the f else is he meant to take a sepository
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

The problem I have with this is that he is mixing the Irish public reaction to a method of delivering medication to raise doubts about the medication itself. If anyone has ever been to a doctor in France (or even as a kid lived in a French household) - this is a fairly standard approach to delivering even minor OTC medication (Neurofen or similar) as it is believed (I have no idea if true or not) that it is absorbed more quickly and easily into the body - avoiding potential minor digestive issues. Kimmage has lived in France - he should know this already.

So - being bent over a table getting a suppository is completely irrelevant - what was the medication is the real question and I would have thought if he had any evidence or suspicion that it was an illegal treatment then that would have been the story.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

simonokeeffe wrote:
nc6000 wrote:

how the f else is he meant to take a sepository
I think his point is that he shouldn't be playing if he needs to be medicated.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The Doc wrote:

The problem I have with this is that he is mixing the Irish public reaction to a method of delivering medication to raise doubts about the medication itself. If anyone has ever been to a doctor in France (or even as a kid lived in a French household) - this is a fairly standard approach to delivering even minor OTC medication (Neurofen or similar) as it is believed (I have no idea if true or not) that it is absorbed more quickly and easily into the body - avoiding potential minor digestive issues. Kimmage has lived in France - he should know this already.

So - being bent over a table getting a suppository is completely irrelevant - what was the medication is the real question and I would have thought if he had any evidence or suspicion that it was an illegal treatment then that would have been the story.
Sionnach
Bookworm

Post by Sionnach »

RoboProp wrote:My two cents, Kimmage sees PEDs in rugby as his new bête noire
I'd go a bit further and say that Kimmage is seeing PEDs in rugby as a way to make a few quid for himself.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Arm out-stretched, Tourniquet tensioned, Needle poised ...... is that sport Paul?
How about stitches, can we do stitches?
Is Caffeine allowed if it's in a tablet form or would you prefer the equivalent in cups of tea or coffee?

Supplements and medicine have come a long way, players now have the ability to train without always been full to the brim of food and water because the raw materials are available in measured table/powder form. That's what it is you're pissing an moaning about, progress. No one has come to you with evidence of steroid abuse (which of course is out there- but it's not systemic), so you've moved onto scaring mammies away from the stuff that has brought S&C on leaps and bounds..... don't get me started on deep tissue massage and recovery, that's the devils work!!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan