Kimmage running down rugby..

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Re: Kimmage running down rugby..

Post by olaf the fat »

Sionnach wrote:
RoboProp wrote:My two cents, Kimmage sees PEDs in rugby as his new bête noire
I'd go a bit further and say that Kimmage is seeing PEDs in rugby as a way to make a few quid for himself.
edit
I was trying to make a smart arsed point.

But PK has done sport some service - both as a pro cyclist and as pro cycling critic who stood by his beliefs and was proven right.
I think he is off the mark now.There are questions to be asked, I think he is just asking the wrong ones at the moment
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

Sionnach wrote:
RoboProp wrote:My two cents, Kimmage sees PEDs in rugby as his new bête noire
I'd go a bit further and say that Kimmage is seeing PEDs in rugby as a way to make a few quid for himself.
Well, he is onto something. 15 of the 46 athletes serving doping bans in the UK are rugby players.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

How many are professional rugby players found guilty with PEDs (as opposed to recreationals)?
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Which is more worrying, health wise, the growing plethora of concussions in rugby or the health risks associated with the use of performance enhancing drugs in rugby.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:How many are professional rugby players found guilty with PEDs (as opposed to recreationals)?
Looking at the list, they are all for PEDs.

http://www.ukad.org.uk/anti-doping-rule ... ons/search
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

the spoofer wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:How many are professional rugby players found guilty with PEDs (as opposed to recreationals)?

I think you're missing the point
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

the spoofer wrote:

Actually 2 of them tested positive for Benzoylecgonine -Cocaine
Benzoylecgonine is the main metabolite of cocaine. It is used in Drug Screening Test. Many factors determine how quickly it gets cleared from the body.

It is also used medically as a topical analgesic and muscle relaxant, as in prescription drug Esterom, which is used for myalgia.

When a person takes cocaine (chemically benzoylmethylecgonine), it gets metabolized in the liver to form benzoylecgonine. The metabolite is then excreted out of the body via urine.

The presence of this metabolite is almost a certain indication that a person has consumed the drug.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

Without going through them all, 2 were got for Possession of prohibited substances and Trafficking (8 years each). Presumably they had clients if they were trafficking.

The Drugs they were peddling were:
1) Androst-1,4,6-triene-3,17-dione (ATD), Androstenedione, Drostanolone, Mestanolone, n/a, Stanozolol
2) Anabolic Agents

Other bans were for:
3) 19-norandrosterone, Oxandrolone
4) Human Growth Hormone (hGH)
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

janeymac08 wrote:
Without going through them all, 2 were got for Possession of prohibited substances and Trafficking (8 years each). Presumably they had clients if they were trafficking.

1) Androst-1,4,6-triene-3,17-dione (ATD), Androstenedione, Drostanolone, Mestanolone, n/a, Stanozolol
2) Anabolic Agents

Other bans were for:
Does the report say if they're Union or League players? Or does it just say rugby. League players have more roided physiques
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

RoboProp wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:

2) Anabolic Agents

Other bans were for:
Does the report say if they're Union or League players? Or does it just say rugby. League players have more roided physiques
That's the spirit RP, we're bad but there're worse!!
Daniel Sullivan
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

I hate League and all for which it stands!
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

RoboProp wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:

2) Anabolic Agents

Other bans were for:
It does (by way of stating who the governing body is).
5 players WRU; 11 players RFU.

Full list here of those 16 players (initials at end are the player banned).

1. WRU 3 years 3 months - Human Growth Hormone (hGH) - RK
2. WRU 2 years - 19-norandrosterone, 2-alpha-methyl-5-alpha-androstan-3-alpha-ol-17-one, 3-hydroxystanozolol - NC
3. RFU 15 months Methandienone, Testosterone - CJ
4. RFU 2 years - Human Growth Hormone (hGH) - AK
5. WRU 2 years - Refusing or failure to comply - PD
6. RFU 1 year - Benzoylecgonine - HA
7. WRU 3 years - Testosterone, Trenbolone - CE
8. RFU 2 years - Trenbolone - RC
9. RFU 8 years - Possession of prohibited substances, Trafficking - CP
10. WRU 8 Years – trafficking - Androst-1,4,6-triene-3,17-dione (ATD), Androstenedione, Drostanolone, Mestanolone, n/a, Stanozolol - DC
11. RFU 2 years - Hormone and Metabolic Modulators - WR
12. RFU 2 years - Oxymetholone - HP
13. RFU 2 years - 19-norandrosterone, Oxandrolone - RB
14. RFU 2 years - 19-norandrosterone, Clenbuterol - MR
15. RFU 2 years - Benzoylecgonine - JF
16. RFU 2 years - Methandienone - AM
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

paddyor wrote:
the spoofer wrote:

Actually 2 of them tested positive for Benzoylecgonine -Cocaine
Benzoylecgonine is the main metabolite of cocaine. It is used in Drug Screening Test. Many factors determine how quickly it gets cleared from the body.

It is also used medically as a topical analgesic and muscle relaxant, as in prescription drug Esterom, which is used for myalgia.

When a person takes cocaine (chemically benzoylmethylecgonine), it gets metabolized in the liver to form benzoylecgonine. The metabolite is then excreted out of the body via urine.

The presence of this metabolite is almost a certain indication that a person has consumed the drug.
You learn something new every day. I assumed that was a steroid of some type.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Peg Leg wrote:
the spoofer wrote:

I think you're missing the point
Yep. Two are professionals, and one of those was for a recreational drug
I have Bumbleflex
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Yep. Two are professionals, and one of those was for a recreational drug
Probably systemic recreational use!
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I think we're all assuming that Kimmage was initially referring to systematic doping given his history with the cycling stuff. The more it becomes clear that that wasn't the case the more I can see him rowing back and saying that's not what he meant and talking more about the dangers with schools' players and rogue cases, the pressure of having to get bigger etc

His whole approach to this has just reeked of bullshit and makes him sound like a mad man.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I think we're all assuming that Kimmage was initially referring to systematic doping given his history with the cycling stuff. The more it becomes clear that that wasn't the case the more I can see him rowing back and saying that's not what he meant and talking more about the dangers with schools' players and rogue cases, the pressure of having to get bigger etc

His whole approach to this has just reeked of bullshit and makes him sound like a mad man.
Put down the shaker and step away Creatine LRIP, you're a danger to yourself and society!
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Look Peg Leg, I don't care how wrong you think it is, I'll continue to enjoy my oranges at half time and get that delicious hit of vitamin C. It makes me feel bulletproof and I don't care if that isn't sport to you!!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Look Peg Leg, I don't care how wrong you think it is, I'll continue to enjoy my oranges at half time and get that delicious hit of vitamin C. It makes me feel bulletproof and I don't care if that isn't sport to you!!
Ethics aside LRIP, it's unsightly to watch a grown man trying to stuff segments of orange up his arse on the sideline.
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Look Peg Leg, I don't care how wrong you think it is, I'll continue to enjoy my oranges at half time and get that delicious hit of vitamin C. It makes me feel bulletproof and I don't care if that isn't sport to you!!
Ethics aside LRIP, it's unsightly to watch a grown man trying to stuff segments of orange up his arse on the sideline.
:shock:
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon