Munster 2015/2016

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Munster 2015/2016

Post by paddyor »

janeymac08 wrote:
Munster wanted to bring ex-England coach on board as advisor before he got Ireland's call
is one of the headlines in a national newspaper. Maybe the 'untrained' eye is missing something?

Fitzgerald is the IRFU's man in Munster. He won't be dumped.
Yes they have headlines in the newspapers now, how observant of you! There's usually a colouring and puzzle section, you might like that.

To quote the man himself, he can be dumped and will be if he misses his KPIs
Ultimately, I am employed by the IRFU, appointed by the IRFU to be the CEO in Munster.

“We do an annual review every year where there are certain KPIs set out for each CEO. I try my level best to achieve them and to work beyond what those are. To date all my reviews have been satisfactory. Maybe someday someone will say they are not satisfactory, they are not happy with them.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:
OK, you explain the accounts or are you using the old trick of have a go at the poster rather than address the post :wink:
I don't have to address the post, I've made my point, you're blathering on about a different stadium and a different sport.
No one has to do anything. Calm down.
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

janeymac08 wrote:
Clutching at straws there. The point is that Munster were intending to bring Farrell in, not the IRFU imposing him on Munster.
You originally stated that Munster were talking to Farrell before the IRFU were.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

15 week ban for yer man that gouged Stander. Wouldn't have been surprised if he had gotten more tbh.
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

paddyor wrote:
janeymac08 wrote:
Munster wanted to bring ex-England coach on board as advisor before he got Ireland's call
is one of the headlines in a national newspaper. Maybe the 'untrained' eye is missing something?

Fitzgerald is the IRFU's man in Munster. He won't be dumped.
Yes they have headlines in the newspapers now, how observant of you! There's usually a colouring and puzzle section, you might like that.

To quote the man himself, he can be dumped and will be if he misses his KPIs
Ultimately, I am employed by the IRFU, appointed by the IRFU to be the CEO in Munster.

“We do an annual review every year where there are certain KPIs set out for each CEO. I try my level best to achieve them and to work beyond what those are. To date all my reviews have been satisfactory. Maybe someday someone will say they are not satisfactory, they are not happy with them.
One national newspaper interpreted what was said that Munster planned to bring him in. I claim that the 'trained eye' interpreted what was said the same way I did. In short, you interpreted it incorrectly.

As for Fitzgerald KPIs - you don't know if he is achieving them (or what they are), yet you claim he will be sacked.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

jimbobjoe wrote:15 week ban for yer man that gouged Stander. Wouldn't have been surprised if he had gotten more tbh.
it was 21 weeks but he got usual mitigation fluff plus 'youth and inexperience' which is a new one

In team matters I hope/think Foley will do the 3rd year, too late (in contract season) to bring in a new coach for next season and him have any say in recruitment, and turnover of coaches has been a (recruiting) problem as it is
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

What's with these late night reports about Irish props going to English Clubs?

This time it's James Cronin off to an as yet unnamed club.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/j ... -1.2495643
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Donny B. wrote:What's with these late night reports about Irish props going to English Clubs?
Frankie looking to do a Fintan on it?
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

It does appear to be crazy season.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

simonokeeffe wrote: In team matters I hope/think Foley will do the 3rd year, too late (in contract season) to bring in a new coach for next season and him have any say in recruitment, and turnover of coaches has been a (recruiting) problem as it is
Yeah, I hope so as well. I think it will be easier and quicker for Foley to get the ship at least pointing in the right direction. A new coach going into a dysfunctional setup wont make sufficient progress and Munster wont change.

The impact of the email mess on the player, coaching and management levels was always going to surface somewhere. Can you imagine what that would do for morale in any other work place?

In that respect Farrell may be an inspired appointment by the IRFU, he may make positive changes without breaking everything up.

In one way they are just deservedly bogged down in their own bullshit, but we (Leinster & Ireland) are better with a strong Munster to compete with.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Woody and Thornley lying through their premolars on OTB last night. Quite amusing, the whole bit.

Despite Gerry confirming that Munster wanted Farrell before they heard about the IRFU interest and despite the fact Farrell is now coming in to mentor the coaches rather than the players, neither Woody nor Gerry believe this is a sign that the blazers are looking to replace Axel. Woody and Gerry agree Munster are a shambles, but Axel is still the best man for the job and Munster Rugby has done a great job managing the province and planning for the future.

Nothing to see here, lads.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

In further shambolics they agreed on last night's OTB that some of the assistants are going this summer when their contracts are up, which leads to case of if Foley goes in year 3 then new guy is encumbered with assistants he doesnt want and Munster have been doing that for some time to ill effect

Chapeau to whiff of cordite but Cronin and Nagle both Frankie players.
Must also remember London Irish staring at the drop too

A very good Munster blog @threeredkings has that Cronin is being offered £250k/year which is €350k/year or easily 3 times what he'd get here
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

In another time Cronin would probably have a bunch of Irish caps by now. And if Healy doesn't get better he still could have an Ireland career if he stayed here. Can't see it as a possibility if he leaves.

I can see the IRFU doing something about Moore as Ireland have a need, but I can't see why they would with Cronin. Though he does seem to have become first choice (and I always thought he was that bit better) and Munster have less need of spending money to keep him with their playing squad than on other spots.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Didn't realise it was London Irish that Cronin would be going to, that's crazy money for them. Good player and would be a great signing for them, but they have serious gaps in that squad and spending that much on a loosehead isn't worth it.

Conversely, even though Munster have Kilcoyne they should be fighting tooth and nail to hang onto Cronin IMO. They lack quality as it is and it'd be utterly demoralising for both the fans and the players to see another talented Irish player leave, and not like they can easily replace him with an NIQ.

This is with the caveat that I don't believe the Cronin or Moore stories btw. Well, as I said in the Moore thread, I don't doubt that there are serious offers there and the players may well end up taking them, but I'm still sure that the articles were written with the intention of getting better offers from the IRFU. I really don't understand why agents do this, it just creates ill feeling and uncertainty for fans, players, coaches, and sponsors. Unless there's a legal point I'm missing about them not being able to discuss the figures they've been offered by other clubs directly with the IRFU.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Didn't realise it was London Irish that Cronin would be going to, that's crazy money for them. Good player and would be a great signing for them, but they have serious gaps in that squad and spending that much on a loosehead isn't worth it.

Conversely, even though Munster have Kilcoyne they should be fighting tooth and nail to hang onto Cronin IMO. They lack quality as it is and it'd be utterly demoralising for both the fans and the players to see another talented Irish player leave, and not like they can easily replace him with an NIQ.

This is with the caveat that I don't believe the Cronin or Moore stories btw. Well, as I said in the Moore thread, I don't doubt that there are serious offers there and the players may well end up taking them, but I'm still sure that the articles were written with the intention of getting better offers from the IRFU. I really don't understand why agents do this, it just creates ill feeling and uncertainty for fans, players, coaches, and sponsors. Unless there's a legal point I'm missing about them not being able to discuss the figures they've been offered by other clubs directly with the IRFU.
Tommy Court is 36 start of next season and out of contract so maybe thats where its eminating from

The Cronin worry is, yes that have 2 other good looseheads in Killer and Ryan, but its another loss of an indigenous player, and the snowball effect
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Yeah the Cronin story is a bit "Oooh ooh Me too, Me too I'll leave as well". There are probably offers on the table but they may not have been accepted yet.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/21876.php#.VpfRI1LYEcR

Cronin going nowhere, except to Limerick
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

:lol:

Now come on Marty, put that magnificent behind in reverse and stay too!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

paddyor wrote:Yeah the Cronin story is a bit "Oooh ooh Me too, Me too I'll leave as well". There are probably offers on the table but they may not have been accepted yet.
:lol:
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

BJ has ruptured his cruciate. Munster in a fairly desperate situation without himself and Archer, not that they were in a great situation with them.

Maybe we could send Bent down?