Ulster 2015/16

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Vamos los azules
Mullet

Re: Ulster 2015/16

Post by Vamos los azules »

After Quinnie's Munster tirade last night, Tyrone Howe has just described Ulster as appalling. In fairness, he's not far wrong on the evidence of that first half.

I'm not sure I can watch a second half of that.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I think I'm having more impact in defence than Ian Humphreys.

There are players on the bench who could help with the control and cutting edge, but the scrum is getting destroyed and hard to see that improving.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Great try from Scholes. Hopefully that gives them the confidence to stop dropping the ball!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Someone needs to tell Ulster that they don't need a wonder try to win this!
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Get in! Two minutes to hold out.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

What a finish to this game!
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Glad I stuck around for the second half. What a turn around by Ulster.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

We now have mathematical evidence that Ruan Pienaar, Paddy Jackson and Nick Williams collectively make 47 points difference to Ulster.
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

Disappointing finish alright. Gutted for Stan
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Jesus what a kick from Jackson! McCall was brilliant
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Outstanding second half! Hopefully that's a serious milestone in Jackson's career. Pienaar was great too but there was no hand holding, Jackson grabbed it by the horns too.

McCloskey was exceptional even when things were going badly, has to start for Ireland now.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Outstanding second half! Hopefully that's a serious milestone in Jackson's career. Pienaar was great too but there was no hand holding, Jackson grabbed it by the horns too.

McCloskey was exceptional even when things were going badly, has to start for Ireland now.
I have to agree he's one seriously exciting prospect......
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Les Kiss proved EOS wrong, you can unring a bell. He got it badly wrong with his selection but got away with it
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

As it stands, I'm way more excited about McCloskey for the upcoming 6N than Ringrose.
Ringrose's time will come, McCloskey looks good, and big enough to start at 12 now.
He's a serious presence but has plenty more to his game too.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Dave Cahill wrote:Les Kiss proved EOS wrong, you can unring a bell. He got it badly wrong with his selection but got away with it
+1
His selection and "focus on our own game" could have proved fatal because it failed to sufficently respect opposition who grew in confidnce when theluy disgkcovered they could run straight down the middle and not be tackled.

Pienaar, Williams and Jackson are irreplacable and Les Kiss show get another kicking out-half who tackles, into Squad asap, because IH doesn't cut it any more in attack or defence.

Agree with everything said about McCloskey who was immense. Scholes and Gilroy also did lots of good stuff and Kyle McCall is a cracker. THP was totally creamed by Oyonnax LHP and needs lessons in how to cope with a bore.

Delighted for the Red Hand
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

I'm a wreck after watching that, great to steal a win but sadly it might not be enough for a quarter final.
Ruckedtobits wrote: Pienaar, Williams and Jackson are irreplacable and Les Kiss show get another kicking out-half who tackles, into Squad asap, because IH doesn't cut it any more in attack or defence.

As far as I can gather Olding will be coming in as outhalf on his return, Nelson was our other option early in the season when iHumph was injured and to be brutally frank even a duck with a broken leg would have been better than iHumph today
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Did Ulster slot Diack into the second row (and it worked)?

Luke Marshall and a copy of Jack Kyle's book would both be better options at 10 than iHumph
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

rooster wrote:I'm a wreck after watching that, great to steal a win but sadly it might not be enough for a quarter final.
Ruckedtobits wrote: Pienaar, Williams and Jackson are irreplacable and Les Kiss show get another kicking out-half who tackles, into Squad asap, because IH doesn't cut it any more in attack or defence.

As far as I can gather Olding will be coming in as outhalf on his return, Nelson was our other option early in the season when iHumph was injured and to be brutally frank even a duck with a broken leg would have been better than iHumph today
I can never understand why someone would want to play rugby if they have a phobia of tackling. If he's so afraid of it then he must dread stepping onto the pitch.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
rooster wrote:I'm a wreck after watching that, great to steal a win but sadly it might not be enough for a quarter final.

I can never understand why someone would want to play rugby if they have a phobia of tackling. If he's so afraid of it then he must dread stepping onto the pitch.
Are there any young lads in Leinster not getting game time who would like to head North and learn from Ruan while we still have him, Under 18's would probably be welcome after todays display by our starting half backs.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Ross Byrne or Crosbie would be a good bit of business on loan until Olding back in harness. Great experience and both good defenders and kickers off the tee.