Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

rookie
Graduate

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by rookie »

munster#1 wrote:
hugonaut wrote:
munster#1 wrote:Great win last night, and a very valuable BP.
Some of the squad players really put their hands up.

Great to have sweetnam back, he was really missed. Hopefully he will find form again.

Never believed that I would say this, but Williams, was very good, and has really improved this season.

Tyler was brilliant again, his intercept and kick for Conway's try was unreal.
If he decides to, you would have to think that he will collect a fair few Irish caps.
I thought the back three were really sharp again [even though Conway had to go off]. Ronan O'Mahony took his second half try absolutely brilliantly; he's in the form of his life. Thought that Sweetnam got into the swing of things quite quickly and looked dangerous.

Bleyendaal is playing great stuff alright. He rarely puts a foot wrong. I think he's the single biggest difference between this year's edition of Munster and that of last year. He's a test calibre player available for selection every week in the key position on the pitch.
It's hard to believe that Tyler has played so little rugby over the last few years, yet is playing so well.
You would have to imagine that he can only get better with time.

With JJ back next season, Munster will have 2 very good options outhalf, with 2 very different styles.
I fail to see the upside of that to be honest!
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

I think JJ has spent more time at centre than 10 while on his sabbatical.

Good win for Munster on Friday.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

olaf the fat wrote:I think JJ has spent more time at centre than 10 while on his sabbatical.

Good win for Munster on Friday.
Having a 10/12 is what is needed on the bench. An out an out 10 limits your options unless the are first choice.

Hopefully next season we will see JJ get back to where he was in his last few games for Munster, and fulfill his obvious potential.

Very good win indeed. At this moment in time Munster are a little shy on squad depth with the injuries and Ireland call ups, so any win will be considered a good win.

I am not too confident about ospreys away, I'd say a losing bonus would be a good result there.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

rookie wrote:
munster#1 wrote: With JJ back next season, Munster will have 2 very good options outhalf, with 2 very different styles.
I fail to see the upside of that to be honest!
No upside to a highly talented young player rejoining an Irish province?

Sure JJ hasn't yet reached his potential but we've seen this season that Rassie is the man to get the best out of players. If he can do that for JJ then it's a great signing. If not it's still a good signing.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

munster#1 wrote:
I am not too confident about ospreys away, I'd say a losing bonus would be a good result there.
8 nil win for the Ospreys please. Or better still a draw!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Surely a Munster win is the best result?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

How?

Munster have more wins, are a point ahead of the Os and we have no chance to take points off them.

You just want Munster to run away with the league so we can get the other home semi obviously.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Well I wouldn't call it running away with the league, and I wouldn't mind them losing a different game. But a Munster win would (assuming we beat Edinburgh) put us into 2nd place. Other scenarios would probably keep us in 3rd.
But with a home final either way, I'd rather a comfortable 2nd place, than a threeway scrap for 1-3 going into the last couple of rounds
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I suppose you are right. I just want to go to the Library in April and come back top of the league. Your approach may be more pragmatic. :)
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

Duncan Williams on the Special Bond © he feels with the Best Fans In The World (when they're winning)™

When it was put to Williams this week that the recent two-year contract extension must have come as good news, he responded: “It was. I suppose there was probably a collective groan around the province when it was announced.”

Asked if the fans were not supportive, he smiled wryly: “I suppose they are coming to all the matches now, cheering us on. I can’t complain.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rug ... 42939.html
brenno
Bookworm

Post by brenno »

ChrisUppy wrote:Duncan Williams on the Special Bond © he feels with the Best Fans In The World (when they're winning)™

When it was put to Williams this week that the recent two-year contract extension must have come as good news, he responded: “It was. I suppose there was probably a collective groan around the province when it was announced.”

Asked if the fans were not supportive, he smiled wryly: “I suppose they are coming to all the matches now, cheering us on. I can’t complain.”

Ah yes, the self-styled best fans in the world, who deserted their team last year in droves when they needed them most - leaving gaping holes in the TP stands. And now miserabile dictu they're back singing Stand Up and Fight. Munster probably have just as many fair weather supporters and bandwagon jumpers as anybody else so lets put this best fans in the world sh1te to bed. And given the flak Duncan Williams has taken from the "faithful"......
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ChrisUppy wrote:Duncan Williams on the Special Bond © he feels with the Best Fans In The World (when they're winning)™

Miaow
I have Bumbleflex
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

brenno wrote:

Ah yes, the self-styled best fans in the world, who deserted their team last year in droves when they needed them most - leaving gaping holes in the TP stands. And now miserabile dictu they're back singing Stand Up and Fight. Munster probably have just as many fair weather supporters and bandwagon jumpers as anybody else so lets put this best fans in the world sh1te to bed. And given the flak Duncan Williams has taken from the "faithful"......
Saucer of milk for 2! :D

Munster fans can't help if the world media are so fond of them.
Years of filling stadia in their thousands, causing teams to warn their fans not to pass on tickets to the red army, and being credited with making the European Cup what it is today, has built up so much credit that the last couple of seasons have been completely forgotten.

SUAF
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

It's spelt "hear hear" dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Nah that couldn't be right, it's Dublin blue meeja propaganda. Munster folk support their own unlike the mega-rich, disloyal D4 Leinster fans.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Bookies have today's match as very close with the Ospreys marginal favourites. Should be an interesting match.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Kleyn out for 8 weeks is bad news
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

simonokeeffe wrote:Kleyn out for 8 weeks is bad news
They can always sign another South African if they're stuck.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Lively first twenty minutes.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

CiaranIrl wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Kleyn out for 8 weeks is bad news
They can always sign another South African if they're stuck.
There is a notable precedent in Irish rugby where a potential international NIQ second row.(never subsequently capped) was replaced by a seasoned 40+ capped NZ second row on a short term deal just six months into a three year deal. Departing player wasn't injured just not good enough. Incoming second row proved to be the vital componenet to his sides Heineken Cup triumph.

You would never know, it could work again.