Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by wixfjord »

I think what many expected to happen is happening, Toulouse are not the type of team that have any hope of winning in Thomond.

Two Irish sides into the SFs, huge opportunity.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Similar scoreline to ours at this stage of the game (68 mins) - I think Munster like us were well in control but didn't score enough. I'm confident they will see it out though.
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Scoreline kind of flatters us even allowing for the dodgy try - big game from Williams and thought zebo was good at fb. Really not sure how good we are but great to be back in semis and going well in league. Huge credit to coaches notably nienaber

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Peg Leg wrote:I just got sick in my own mouth
lol ................................+1
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

munster#1 wrote:Well the big day is here, Munster back playing knockout European rugby in the much talked about Thomond Park.

The best thing about having such an occasion in a city the size of Limerick, is that there is no mistaking that there will be an event on today.
Everywhere you go in the city you will see flags and banners, the walk to the stadium builds that famous atmosphere, as you walk past pub after pub that is over flowing with red jerseys.

There will be in excess of 26K in the ground, but there will be a many more who were not lucky enough to get a ticket, packing into their locals.

European rugby is what Limerick lives for. Every person you speak to will be well aware of who is playing, they will know the players personally, and will be able to tell you stories about the players that you have never heard.

I am not from Limerick, but it is a special place on days like today. In most other cities, a day like today is fairly irrelevant, with only a very small percentage even caring that a match is taking place. You can see why media the world over, continuously spout cringe worthy cliches when describing their experiences.

I will be heading to Limerick early to shout on the mighty blues , and hopefully come the final whistle in Limerick, both teams will have advanced a step further than anyone would have expected at the starting the season.
Is that an April's Fool's joke you played on yourself
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

munster#1 wrote:Well the big day is here, Munster back playing knockout European rugby in the much talked about Thomond Park.

The best thing about having such an occasion in a city the size of Limerick, is that there is no mistaking that there will be an event on today.
Everywhere you go in the city you will see flags and banners, the walk to the stadium builds that famous atmosphere, as you walk past pub after pub that is over flowing with red jerseys.

There will be in excess of 26K in the ground, but there will be a many more who were not lucky enough to get a ticket, packing into their locals.

European rugby is what Limerick lives for. Every person you speak to will be well aware of who is playing, they will know the players personally, and will be able to tell you stories about the players that you have never heard.

I am not from Limerick, but it is a special place on days like today. In most other cities, a day like today is fairly irrelevant, with only a very small percentage even caring that a match is taking place. You can see why media the world over, continuously spout cringe worthy cliches when describing their experiences.

I will be heading to Limerick early to shout on the mighty blues, and hopefully come the final whistle in Limerick, both teams will have advanced a step further than anyone would have expected at the starting the season.
:lol:
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Golf Man wrote:Scoreline kind of flatters us even allowing for the dodgy try - big game from Williams and thought zebo was good at fb. Really not sure how good we are but great to be back in semis and going well in league. Huge credit to coaches notably nienaber

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Scoreline was about what I expected tbh. Munster looked comfortably the better team wihtout ever really hitting full speed IMO. In terms of how good a team you are, I'd say better than Wasps and Toulouse at the very least.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

If, as expected, Sarries come through tomorrow, I'd be fascinated to see how Munster v Sarries works out. Two very similar teams - suffocating defence, imperious lineout that contests on opposing ball, a big carrying 1 and 8, a kicking controlling 9 and lots of pace out wide. Sarries possibly shade the scrum and will be different with Kruis & Burger in the side, but Munster will fancy going toe to toe.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Golf Man wrote:Scoreline kind of flatters us even allowing for the dodgy try - big game from Williams and thought zebo was good at fb. Really not sure how good we are but great to be back in semis and going well in league. Huge credit to coaches notably nienaber
I don't think the scoreline flattered you, I was surprised you took the foot off Toulouse's neck for a bit and let them back in. And that, like us, you left some scores out there.

Enjoy it. We both have tough tests ahead, that's what the teams want: their chance to stake their claim in history.

Well done, I didn't doubt Munster's ability for a minute and you should take confidence from that.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Munster's defence could suffocate the best attacks. Starting pack did brilliantly at maul time and PO'M is better than ever in line-out. Three-quarter line not as cohesive as I expected but conditions certainly looked difficult with blustery wind.

Strange to believe that Toulouse spend €28m keeping that team together!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

paddyor wrote:

I will be heading to Limerick early to shout on the mighty blues, and hopefully come the final whistle in Limerick, both teams will have advanced a step further than anyone would have expected at the starting the season.
The fact that your response to a post is a childish laugh is a clear refection on you as an individual.

Try act a bit more mature.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

paddyor wrote:

The fact that your response to a post is a childish laugh is a clear refection on you as an individual.

Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Did Chisholm get any game time in B&I semi against Ealing? How did Copeland and the two Johnson's play?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Did Chisholm get any game time in B&I semi against Ealing? How did Copeland and the two Johnson's play?
20mins according to paddyor
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Did Chisholm get any game time in B&I semi against Ealing? How did Copeland and the two Johnson's play?

Bill Johnston got stretchered off. Broken leg this time. Hopefully it was a freak injury and he's not made of glass.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Timbit wrote:
ronk wrote:

I will be heading to Limerick early to shout on the mighty blues , and hopefully come the final whistle in Limerick, both teams will have advanced a step further than anyone would have expected at the starting the season.
Is that an April's Fool's joke you played on yourself
The pub I went to was shouting on Leinster before downing the end of their drinks and heading to Thomond.
Great day out, great day to see!
Same as where I was.

Great day for Irish rugby, and one that was completely unthinkable at the start of the season, especially when you consider how rubbish both teams were last season.

It would be a fairly safe bet that we will see an Irish team in the final, but if we get 2 it would be massive.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I never thought that last year was permanent decline and I'm not hugely surprised that we're both in finals. I'm surprised that we're both playing really good rugby.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Gutted for Johnstone. He's pure class and I think injuries are the only thing that could hold him back, not even his size. Obviously it's a big blow to miss the world up and I think it puts and end to Ireland's ambitions of winning it but fingers crossed he'll make it back for the start of next season.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

munster#1 wrote:
paddyor wrote:

Its quite funny in fairness. Im not the only one who laughed.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

paddyor wrote:
munster#1 wrote:
paddyor wrote: :lol:

Its quite funny in fairness. Im not the only one who laughed.
I did lol