Munster 2016-2017

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Re: Munster 2016-2017

Post by TerenureJim »

Both leaving at the same time? It's like how you never see Batman and Bruce Wayne together, I think the Gotham police should look into that.
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

Dave Cahill wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:What I can't understand is why Munster haven't got a scrum half on the bench
Im surprised this is getting so little mention

Greysel sic looked woeful in the Munster game but Loyd is registered for Europe too
If you had a guy registered to play who was an u-20 world champion with Currie Cup experience you'd use him, because even playing woefully he's going to be infinitely better than no scrum half at all.

If he plays for YM tomorrow we'll know that the tail is still wagging the dog down there
Nah, Griesel's just a bit shite TBH. Lloyd's a better player and looked encouragingly sharp last week. Expected him to be on the bench. Big risk going without him.

Or maybe you're right and YM's AIL fixture takes precedence over Munster's European semi-final. :lol:
We're all red on the inside.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Huge day for Munster Rugby. As I said after the QF, both themselves and Sarries are similar teams, albeit Sarries are possibly a little further down their path and slightly more coherent/sophisticated in their play. They're also pretty much full strength and Murray being out is a blow, and I'd worry about Scannell and Stander's fitness.

However, and as much as we mock the 'pashun' line, structure, poise and a sophisticated gameplan can often come a cropper against a side that's venomous, clear in its intent and backed up by a huge crowd and a desire to play for a recently departed legend.

Head says Sarries might just sneak it. But rugby is played on grass, not on paper.

As much as I dislike and laugh at some of the hypocrisy and 'chip on shoulder' attitude around Munster at times, you can't not be shouting for them today, for a variety of reasons.

Come on Munster, we'll hopefully see you in Embra!
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Oldschool wrote:
blockhead wrote:
munster#1 wrote:It is coming up on 8 years since I formally joined this forum after being an inactive visitor for some time.
In that time I have had many interactions and made many, many posts.

In the last while, this forum has become an inhospitable arena, with the level of abuse, insults and lack of common decency making it impossible to interact in any meaningful way.
The hatred shown towards Munster, their players and their fans is painful and childish.

If Munster win tomorrow you will get a small number of posts on here from the genuine rugby fans congratulating Munster.
If the lose you will have the usual suspects coming on slating all things Munster.

Due to the direction that this forum has travelled in, and the way it is being dealt with, I, like others will not be posting on here anymore.

Thank you to the many genuine rugby posters on here for your time.

Good luck in the semi, and hopefully the final.

Kindest Regards,
Munster#1.
I wont miss you,
You are a troll.
Don't think Jamie Heaslip will miss him either!
The pity of it is that I always felt M1 knew a bit about rugby but just let the other stuff get in the way.
+1
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

wixfjord wrote:Huge day for Munster Rugby. As I said after the QF, both themselves and Sarries are similar teams, albeit Sarries are possibly a little further down their path and slightly more coherent/sophisticated in their play. They're also pretty much full strength and Murray being out is a blow, and I'd worry about Scannell and Stander's fitness.

However, and as much as we mock the 'pashun' line, structure, poise and a sophisticated gameplan can often come a cropper against a side that's venomous, clear in its intent and backed up by a huge crowd and a desire to play for a recently departed legend.

Head says Sarries might just sneak it. But rugby is played on grass, not on paper.

As much as I dislike and laugh at some of the hypocrisy and 'chip on shoulder' attitude around Munster at times, you can't not be shouting for them today, for a variety of reasons.

Absolutely..... Edinburgh would also be a better place for their presence regardless of whether we make it or not.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

nelly the elephant wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Huge day for Munster Rugby. As I said after the QF, both themselves and Sarries are similar teams, albeit Sarries are possibly a little further down their path and slightly more coherent/sophisticated in their play. They're also pretty much full strength and Murray being out is a blow, and I'd worry about Scannell and Stander's fitness.

Absolutely..... Edinburgh would also be a better place for their presence regardless of whether we make it or not.
(Unless they're shouting for the English side playing against us like some the last time we were in Embra :wink: )

(Sorry had to put the boot in somewhere it was all getting too sickly sweet :lol: )
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Pretty much everyone here wants Munster to make the final

Theyve got a 50k home fixture essentially so given irresistable home form they should do it
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

simonokeeffe wrote:Pretty much everyone here wants Munster to make the final

Theyve got a 50k home fixture essentially so given irresistable home form they should do it
I'll take the minority view. Hoping for a Leinster v Sarries final. Purely personal reasons.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

It was a good win last night in the B&I cup final and good game to watch too especially after 30min when Munster started playing. Munster played some good rugby at times and its good to see good habits being displayed by the next generation.

Poland was my motm but there were other contenders.

One player to keep an eye on is Gavin Coombes. He looks a super ball carrier and continued on from his performances with the Ireland U20s, scoring a try and loos to have a David Wallace like ability to keep driving forward when being tackled.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Good that ITV Channel Islands streamed it due to Jersey's involvement. Would not cost Sky etc v much to show the final etc. They do show the odd Championship game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Hornet wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Pretty much everyone here wants Munster to make the final

I'll take the minority view. Hoping for a Leinster v Sarries final. Purely personal reasons.
You get an exception

EPCR have created an Anthoney Foley Cup to be given to the Man of the match in Champions Cup finals
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Hopefully it is munster and Leinster players competing for it. Adh Mór.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Absolutely superb first scrum. Kilcoyne looked beat but readjusted. Ryan and scannell won well in the other.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Serious pressure from Munster there. Theyre well up for this.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

You see that repeat penalty in the red zone, it's frustrating. Yellow could have been in play there, Billy vunipola also lay all over it, but no penalty signalled for that one.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Good positive start from the men in red....this is going to be unremittingly physical all day.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

they are gonna mark POM. Have to throw elsewhere.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Well done Duncan Williams.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Gotta ask more questions of 14 men than that