Connacht 2016/17

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Connacht 2016/17

Post by simonokeeffe »

wprathead wrote:Connacht only have 3 fit props for this weekend apparently, even all the Academy lads injured
Rodney transfer looks even dumber

By the by how long is Ili's contract for
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
wprathead
Bookworm

Post by wprathead »

Would have loved Rodney to stay

Stacy just until end of the season AFAIK
We've good few young backs in the academy like Gaffney, Brennan, O'Keefe and Leavy, as well as Parata and Leader knocking around so don't think we need keep him on any longer after this season
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wprathead wrote:Would have loved Rodney to stay

Stacy just until end of the season AFAIK
We've good few young backs in the academy like Gaffney, Brennan, O'Keefe and Leavy, as well as Parata and Leader knocking around so don't think we need keep him on any longer after this season
cheers, it kept coming up elsewhere

as he spells his name with one f Ed O'Keeffe is a clan enemy
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

I don't think Connacht wanted to let Ah You go it was more he wanted to leave. If Connacht can't get a fourth prop will they get someone from the AIL or will they need a medical joker?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

sunshiner1 wrote:I don't think Connacht wanted to let Ah You go it was more he wanted to leave. If Connacht can't get a fourth prop will they get someone from the AIL or will they need a medical joker?
didnt think they did, thought it was nuciference
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

It could well have being.

Saw the Connacht team list and it looks pretty weak in the front five. Will be tough for them to beat Dragons.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Tom McCartney, Denis Buckley, Ronan Loughney, Ivan Soroka, Conan O'Donnell, Ben Marshall, Sean O'Brien, Nepia Fox-Matamua, Eoghan Masterson, Rory Moloney, John Cooney, Craig Ronaldson, Matt Healy, Josh Rowland, Darragh Leader and Ciaran Gaffney remain on Connacht's injury list, while Finlay Bealham, Ultan Dillane and Kieran Marmion are away with the Ireland squad in Chicago.

CONNACHT (v Newport Gwent Dragons): Tiernan O'Halloran; Niyi Adeolokun, Bundee Aki, Peter Robb, Stacey Ili; Jack Carty, Caolin Blade; JP Cooney, Shane Delahunt, Conor Carey, Quinn Roux, Andrew Browne, Eoin McKeon, Jake Heenan, John Muldoon (capt).

Replacements: Dave Heffernan, Saba Meunargia, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, James Cannon, James Connolly, Conor McKeon, Shane O'Leary, Cian Kelleher.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

sunshiner1 wrote:
It could well have being.

Saw the Connacht team list and it looks pretty weak in the front five. Will be tough for them to beat Dragons.
props aside its still fairly strong and its still the dragons
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

The Dragons would get beaten by a lot of AIL teams
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

jezzer wrote:The Dragons would get beaten by a lot of AIL teams
Complete illusion. Dragons are a competent professional side, who try to play for 80 mins in every game, rather than targeting 6/7 home games each season and shuting up shop, with a weakened team, when they play any top 6 team away from home.

The gap between an AIL team and an outfit like Dragons is a minimum of 30 points. The set-piece strength and performance, the broken field tempo and contact and the overall teamwork of any Pro12 team would destroy the best AIL team completely.

A more logical comparison might be against a Leinster A or Irish U.20 team. Even at those levels, I believe that the gap is still a chasm.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

I was being a bit dramatic but I don't believe it's a chasm in the case of the Dragons. A gully maybe. Give me my old Raleigh Chopper, 2 milk crates and a plank and I could take that sucker.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

jezzer wrote:I was being a bit dramatic but I don't believe it's a chasm in the case of the Dragons. A gully maybe. Give me my old Raleigh Chopper, 2 milk crates and a plank and I could take that sucker.
All you need is a truffleshuffle
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

jezzer wrote:I was being a bit dramatic but I don't believe it's a chasm in the case of the Dragons. A gully maybe. Give me my old Raleigh Chopper, 2 milk crates and a plank and I could take that sucker.
:lol:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

johng wrote:
:lol:
Doing jumps on a chopper, you absolutely mad b$&%@#d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Dragons 21 - 16 Connacht
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

That's probably Connacht out of the play-offs. Still possible but the min seems to be 14 wins and a hatful of BPs last year by Ulster to get to 69. They really dodged a bullet with that game against Zebre being called off.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

paddyor wrote:That's probably Connacht out of the play-offs. Still possible but the min seems to be 14 wins and a hatful of BPs last year by Ulster to get to 69. They really dodged a bullet with that game against Zebre being called off.
15 points off playoff places albeit with game in hand

Ospreys seem gormless on the road
Ulster are messing up with gusto, but have good fixture list after Christmas especially during 6n
Connacht are in a 6 way fight for 4th-6th
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Have to feel for Connacht. They lost Ronaldson in the Leinster game who was meant to be their fulcrum. Against Dragons Browne was tasked with the playmaker role and he went off after what 5 minutes? Always gonna be tough after that. I think Connacht wouldn't be disappointed with 6th and a good showing in the ECC.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
Dragons 21 - 16 Connacht
You live by the sword and die by it too! :oops:
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

v Blues Sportsground 7 35pm

Connacht: Cian Kelleher, Niyi Adeolokun, Bundee Aki, Craig Ronaldson, Stacey Ili, Jack Carty, John Cooney; Denis Buckley, Tom McCartney, Conor Carey, Quinn Roux, James Cannon, Eoin McKeon, Jake Heenan, John Muldoon (capt).

Replacements: Dave Heffernan, Ronan Loughney, JP Cooney, Lewis Stevenson, Nepia Fox-Matamua, Caolin Blade, Marnitz Boshoff, Danie Poolman.