The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Re: The Province Formerly Known As Munster 2018-19

Post by olaf the fat »

leinsterforever wrote:Eddie O'Sullivan would be the last person I'd think of if we're talking biased pundits. He said Carbery should move if he wanted gametime at 10. That's hardly unreasonable. Questioning whether bringing in Lowe was entirely necessary is perfectly reasonable as well, given Leinster have excellent left wing options in Rory O'Loughlin and Barry Daly and were able to go and win Europe with Lowe not playing most games
Eddie's a fine pundit in the grand scheme of Irish pundits - more balanced than most and cracking one liners as well. Last week he was talking about people thinking POC would make the Argentina game in the RWC whilst Eddie knew "he'd more chance of cycling to the moon on a push bike".
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I think Eddie is a great pundit. Great to hear from a guy who has coached and coached well at the very top level. Even if it was a decade ago.

Perhaps he can misjudge his people skills at times but it's very hard to unring a bell wearing a full metal jacket when your hair is on fire.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

leinsterforever wrote:Eddie O'Sullivan would be the last person I'd think of if we're talking biased pundits. He said Carbery should move if he wanted gametime at 10. That's hardly unreasonable. Questioning whether bringing in Lowe was entirely necessary is perfectly reasonable as well, given Leinster have excellent left wing options in Rory O'Loughlin and Barry Daly and were able to go and win Europe with Lowe not playing most games
Well said. O'Sullivan isn't above criticism, but in general I find him a good pundit. He speaks in coherent sentences, he listens to other members of the panel and he's a pretty polished broadcaster. He has also coached at all levels of the game: schools, amateur seniors, pro seniors, international, even Lions. He's had serious highs and serious lows in his career. He's worth listening to - you don't have to agree with it all, but that's the same for everybody.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Munster team for trip to Caaardiff.

Munster: JJ Hanrahan; Andrew Conway, Jaco Taute, Rory Scannell, Darren Sweetnam; Joey Carbery, Duncan Williams; James Cronin, Mike Sherry, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, CJ Stander. Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Dave Kilcoyne, Brian Scott, Darren O’Shea, Tommy O’Donnell, Jack Stafford, Bill Johnston, Shane Daly
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I wonder why Wooton has been demoted? I've actually never been a big fan, but they seemed to really rate him last season and he did score loads of tries IIRC.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I wonder why Wooton has been demoted? I've actually never been a big fan, but they seemed to really rate him last season and he did score loads of tries IIRC.

Van Graan rates Shane Daly. He was talking about him being a future international. He has been the surprise of the season so far because everyone, including myself, expected Nash to be promoted.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dunno, maybe I’m alone in this, I think he’s a lot lot better than Ryle Nugent, Tony Ward, Daire O’Brian et all (not saying a lot as they are absolute gash), but jaysis he is dripping with bitterness
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Dunno, maybe I’m alone in this, I think he’s a lot lot better than Ryle Nugent, Tony Ward, Daire O’Brian et all (not saying a lot as they are absolute gash), but jaysis he is dripping with bitterness
Wooten? Shane Daly? or Eddie?
:wink:
Dont Panic!
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Dunno, maybe I’m alone in this, I think he’s a lot lot better than Ryle Nugent, Tony Ward, Daire O’Brian et all (not saying a lot as they are absolute gash), but jaysis he is dripping with bitterness
If you made that bar any lower it would just be sitting on the ground

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dexter wrote:
Wooten? Shane Daly? or Eddie?
:wink:
all 3 ?? :|
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

The Doc wrote:
If you made that bar any lower it would just be sitting on the ground

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
you can't just unpeel that orange
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

dropkick wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I wonder why Wooton has been demoted? I've actually never been a big fan, but they seemed to really rate him last season and he did score loads of tries IIRC.

Van Graan rates Shane Daly. He was talking about him being a future international. He has been the surprise of the season so far because everyone, including myself, expected Nash to be promoted.
Yeah I thought the same about Nash. I suppose my surprise isn't so much that he's been overtaken (although wouldn't have expected Daly to do it), it's that he's been just a total non entity for the first team.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

POM binding on Archer's leg, never seen that before.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Bit of a kick in the guts if Munster get sent packing after picking such a strong side. The two tries they've scored so far came from a dodgy turnover and a brilliant run from Joey, it's not like they did much to create them. Really poor performance really, midfield defence has been woeful. Cardiff have been very good though, they could beat anyone if they played with this intensity.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

They've been very poor - their back row was completely blown away and their defence around 10 12 and 13 was shocking
I have Bumbleflex
thecomedian
Beginner

Post by thecomedian »

Cardiff destroyed them on the ground. Stupid decisions like going on their own, giving away stupid pens and just being very frustrating to watch.
Cardiff were a lot sharper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Forward passes and knock-ons. Tis the same Munster as last season.
Cardiff are a good team to be fair. They won the Challenge Cup last season, they probably should be celebrating their 4th win of the season, not their first.
At least the Leinster contingent contributed all of the Munster points. What did the saffers do?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

A similar performance to what Joey has shown in blue at 10.

Flashes of brilliance and a lack of control at times.

He has a long way to go still.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

POM doing his usual angry face and snipping at the ref too. He and Stander were pretty anonymous tonight.
betty swallocks
Bookworm

Post by betty swallocks »

Williams, Scannell, Taute, Sherry, Kleyn, Cloete, and O'Mahony not nearly good enough. This is a mediocre Munster team, poorly coached.