Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Post by dropkick »

https://www.the42.ie/analysis-munster-a ... 7-Aug2020/

A bit on the munster attack. The attacked looked well structured which is the main thing. Everyone seemed to know their roles well which wasn't the case last season. When the internationals came back from the world cup it reverted back to normal munster.

The front row have a bit to go though. From bad handling to not looking up and passing to a player in space, I thought a lot of moves broke down when they got on the ball. Scannell in particular was disappointing. Kevin O'Byrne should have been rewarded for his form last season.

Shane Daly was excellent again. 6'3, fast, agile, can kick, good pass, doesn't make many mistakes and can play wing, 15 or center. I could see him make the ireland squad yet. Was happy to see him start and he didn't disappoint. I presume with Gallagher and Haley there, Daly will be used mainly on the wing in the next year.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Murray K
Larkham says there are no short-term plans to sign second row cover after the injuries to Snyman and Jean Kleyn.

Mentions academy pair Thomas Ahern, "who is showing a lot of promise," and Paddy Kelly as two players they would be comfortable using in the senior team.

Same story at out-half, Larkham indicates Munster are confident about using their academy trio - Ben Healy, Jake Flannery, Jack Crowley - at senior level with Joey Carbery sidelined indefinitely.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

mildlyinterested wrote: August 26th, 2020, 1:56 pm Murray K
Larkham says there are no short-term plans to sign second row cover after the injuries to Snyman and Jean Kleyn.

Mentions academy pair Thomas Ahern, "who is showing a lot of promise," and Paddy Kelly as two players they would be comfortable using in the senior team.

Same story at out-half, Larkham indicates Munster are confident about using their academy trio - Ben Healy, Jake Flannery, Jack Crowley - at senior level with Joey Carbery sidelined indefinitely.
Would be great to Ahern and Kelly make a step up this season.
If they could get their appearance numbers into double figures it would definitely accelerate their development process.

One thing that is noticeable is that both players do not appear to be physically ready for the step up, well at least they didn’t a few months ago.
Second row is a difficult position to play when you don’t have the required bulk.

I still think we need to be getting experienced cover at out half, unless Joey is expected back within the next 3-4 months.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

The new Munster jersey (launched today) has a big map of the UK slap bang on the chest.
:lol:

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Oh dear
I have Bumbleflex
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Is it supposed to be a map of Europe (as its the European jersey) ???
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Yeah it's something to do with representing fans around the world or some other marketing shite.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

they've really worked hard to play that up that due to the increased lack of 1st choice homegrown players in the side.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

wixfjord wrote: August 26th, 2020, 5:26 pm The new Munster jersey (launched today) has a big map of the UK slap bang on the chest.
:lol:

The west brits will be fair jealous now ;)
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Sure, it’s not where you’re from, it’s where you belong by the grace of Athenry at the end of the day. #FRANCHISE
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Looks like the clown from Saw or whichever horror movie
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Can someone please point out the UK on that jersey, I cant see it.
Like to see it for myself before I pour scorn on those from mordor.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Also, can we establish beyond doubt that our jersey does not have, beyond doubt, any link to the old evil empire?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

blockhead wrote: August 27th, 2020, 1:43 am Also, can we establish beyond doubt that our jersey does not have, beyond doubt, any link to the old evil empire?
All old empires are evil. Evil is par for the course creating and keeping one.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

blockhead wrote:Can someone please point out the UK on that jersey, I cant see it.
Like to see it for myself before I pour scorn on those from mordor.
HereImage
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

blockhead wrote: August 27th, 2020, 1:43 am Also, can we establish beyond doubt that our jersey does not have, beyond doubt, any link to the old evil empire?
I've been waiting for the marketing dept to fill us in on the obligatory hidden message. In the interim I've decided that it's increasingly frantic morse code asking to send more spears.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Sugary tae
Bookworm

Post by Sugary tae »

Not the worse jersey

My god the morketing crew have a lot to answer for. What ever was wrong with a big baggy jersey with a collar
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

I actually like the jersey.
I haven’t been too impressed by some of the jerseys of late, so I haven’t purchased one in about 3 years, where I would have bought at least 2 every year.

I will certainly be buying this one.

Granted the mainland is on it, but so is every other country in the world.
Imagine the uproar if they left the UK out of it.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Sugary tae wrote: August 27th, 2020, 9:25 am Not the worse jersey

My god the morketing crew have a lot to answer for. What ever was wrong with a big baggy jersey with a collar
They were too heavy, too easy for the opposition to grab, not really that strong, like a furnace when the sun shone, like dragging an anchor around when it rained and as rugby players rarely wear ties, had a superflous collar.

But apart from that...
I have Bumbleflex
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

2 stars on the jersey