Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Post by OTT »

Zebo’s best performance in Thomond ever, finally living up to the hype :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Really stupid play form Racing to cough up that territory and the penalty. Lovely hands to finish the try though. Never been a fan of Haley but he's been excellent.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Great finish from Earls.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

OTT wrote:Zebo’s best performance in Thomond ever, finally living up to the hype :lol:
I think he’s being overpraised by the boul’ Ryle
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

This will be interesting to see what kind of condition the Racing players have because Munster will come at them hard
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dave Cahill wrote:This will be interesting to see what kind of condition the Racing players have because Munster will come at them hard
And the answer is some, though not as much as they should have.
I have Bumbleflex
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

OTT wrote:Zebo’s best performance in Thomond ever, finally living up to the hype :lol:
He wasn't even the best full-back on the pitch.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
He wasn't even the best full-back on the pitch.
Kept getting snagged by his bra strap!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The difference in Munsters attack when Alby Math..son came on was stark! He will be missed.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

That's a really poor result for Munster whatever way the press try to dress it up. It's probable that they will suffer losses away to Racing and Saracens.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

the spoofer wrote:That's a really poor result for Munster whatever way the press try to dress it up. It's probable that they will suffer losses away to Racing and Saracens.

I think most fans accept that this season is mainly about change and with a tough group and the world cup disrupting the season the team have been given some breathing space to implement those changes which is good to see. I remember when Penney was making changes to the style of play, it didnt go down too well and he was put under pressure from the likes of Keith Wood.

The match itself was exciting. If youre not winning then fans want some bit of excitement for their money. They got that at least. I actually thought Munster were close to scoring or cutting through Racing on a number of other occasions but the final pass or decision was lacking. At least theres a cutting edge developing now and they're making chances rather than relying on bosh and mistakes.

The internationals coming back are still getting used to the system. On one occasion Haley broke to the half way line and Munster had a big numerical advantage out to the left but Niall Scannell ran in front of Murrays pass, the ball hit his head, Racing kicked down to the Munster 22 and ended up scoring. Those little details are still a bit off.

Bad result but overall theres more to be positive about.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

dropkick wrote:
the spoofer wrote:That's a really poor result for Munster whatever way the press try to dress it up. It's probable that they will suffer losses away to Racing and Saracens.

I think most fans accept that this season is mainly about change and with a tough group and the world cup disrupting the season the team have been given some breathing space to implement those changes which is good to see. I remember when Penney was making changes to the style of play, it didnt go down too well and he was put under pressure from the likes of Keith Wood.

The match itself was exciting. If youre not winning then fans want some bit of excitement for their money. They got that at least. I actually thought Munster were close to scoring or cutting through Racing on a number of other occasions but the final pass or decision was lacking. At least theres a cutting edge developing now and they're making chances rather than relying on bosh and mistakes.

The internationals coming back are still getting used to the system. On one occasion Haley broke to the half way line and Munster had a big numerical advantage out to the left but Niall Scannell ran in front of Murrays pass, the ball hit his head, Racing kicked down to the Munster 22 and ended up scoring. Those little details are still a bit off.

Bad result but overall theres more to be positive about.
The big negative is the lack of a decent second row.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

I think some of the internationals look very undercooked. Mainly those who didn't feature much for Ireland.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Looks like the game killed off the why isn't Zeebs getting noticed for Ireland discussion so silver lining there for sure
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

10-10 HT.
Edinburgh defenders lifted both post protection pads during a Munster attack. Never seen that before. Surely there is a law for that?
Fast game, lots of errors.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

blockhead wrote:10-10 HT.
Edinburgh defenders lifted both post protection pads during a Munster attack. Never seen that before. Surely there is a law for that?
Fast game, lots of errors.
If there isn't a law against it then World Rugby need to include one in the law book pronot. The pads are there for a reason.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

They need to change the law about scoring against the base of the post to remove it as a scoring option. It was fine back when Fat VIcky was on the throne and it was a couple of towels strapped around the posts with belts - but with the massive advertising hoardings on steroids that they are now the law has been rendered both obsolete and ridiculous.
I have Bumbleflex
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Dave Cahill wrote:They need to change the law about scoring against the base of the post to remove it as a scoring option. It was fine back when Fat VIcky was on the throne and it was a couple of towels strapped around the posts with belts - but with the massive advertising hoardings on steroids that they are now the law has been rendered both obsolete and ridiculous.
Strongly disagree. I've seen people knocked out even on modern post protectors. Removing the law around scoring at the base will encourage players to drive hard into them, which will have tragic consequences.
Anyone But New Zealand
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote:They need to change the law about scoring against the base of the post to remove it as a scoring option. It was fine back when Fat VIcky was on the throne and it was a couple of towels strapped around the posts with belts - but with the massive advertising hoardings on steroids that they are now the law has been rendered both obsolete and ridiculous.
True. Almost impossible to defend against.
16-18 to Edinburgh, not a great game. Very callow Munster team but they were not overun. Young Ben Healy is a cool customer, like he showed in the U20s last season.
Stringer on Co-comms was very one-eyed all night, even gave motm to Jack O'Donoghue.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

blockhead wrote: True. Almost impossible to defend against..
It is actually impossible to defend against legally as the post and pad block off the gate.
I have Bumbleflex