Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster, The Money Pit Province 2019/2020

Post by Peg Leg »

Tasty signing that
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That's some signing, he's arguably the best 12 in the world right now. I feel for Niall Scannell but realistically they need an upgrade in that position.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

yellabelly1961 wrote:
How can they get away with that??
Henshaw is too injury prone and the younger Leinster 12's are too young for Munster to develop.
That and the fact that we are now playing our own version of De Allende, Tomane at 12.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:That's some signing, he's arguably the best 12 in the world right now. I feel for Niall Scannell but realistically they need an upgrade in that position.
Because his brother will get shoved down the pecking order???
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

cormac wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:That's some signing, he's arguably the best 12 in the world right now. I feel for Niall Scannell but realistically they need an upgrade in that position.
Because his brother will get shoved down the pecking order???
It's high time I admitted who I really am...
Show Spoiler:
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I hope that Ringrose catches an intercept to score from him in the derby!

It's traditional for when Munster sign "the best IC in the world" after a world cup.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The Irish Times wrote: De Allende could prove every bit as effective as De Villiers, who made a telling impact with the province a decade ago.
We can but hope
I have Bumbleflex
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Dave Cahill wrote:
The Irish Times wrote: De Allende could prove every bit as effective as De Villiers, who made a telling impact with the province a decade ago.
We can but hope
I did have a chuckle. Drico turned him inside out.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Apparently RG Snyman will be arriving in the Turnip Free State at the same time
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:Apparently RG Snyman will be arriving in the Turnip Free State at the same time
Ah here, that's a different kettle of fish. Beirne to 6, POM to 7, and Stander at 8 then? Or has the IRFU decided that Kleyn isn't very good so it doesn't matter if he's replaced?

Can't remember when Botha's contract is up but presumably it's the end of this season. They could put out a pack with Knox, Kleyn, Snyman, Stander and Cloete from SA, and then Rhys Marshall from NZ. I'm not usually one to give out about their signings and am very much on board with DDA, but that's a joke.

Great signings for them all the same, makes them a serious prospect next season. I wonder what's prompted the investment?
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Apparently the answer to "just how sh!t are Munster that they couldn't win a tombola with a world cup winning coach" is very, so let's splash the cash instead of fixing the issue.
Anyone But New Zealand
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Snyman now too apparently
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: Can't remember when Botha's contract is up but presumably it's the end of this season.
Currently - All Munster contracts are signed at the event horizon of a black hole and are subject to the time dilation effect
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I was quite impressed with O'Shea the other day actually, although haven't paid enough attention to him to have a robust opinion on him.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Apologies for the machine gun posting but just realised that this is great news for us. I was worried about players like Charlie Ryan or Jack Dunne leaving us but this helps us out in that regard. Fardy won't be around that much longer and you'd imagine Dev won't be as important over the next couple of seasons so there'll be plenty of games to go around.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: Can't remember when Botha's contract is up but presumably it's the end of this season.
Currently - All Munster contracts are signed at the event horizon of a black hole and are subject to the time dilation effect
Are you really aware that you've just said come back in a few hundred years (I didn't want to seem to be exaggerating) to get an answer?
"Not in a million years" might be closer actually.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I was quite impressed with O'Shea the other day actually, although haven't paid enough attention to him to have a robust opinion on him.
+1 but it looks like we were wrong cos his prospects have just nose dived.
Last edited by Oldschool on November 4th, 2019, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Apologies for the machine gun posting but just realised that this is great news for us. I was worried about players like Charlie Ryan or Jack Dunne leaving us but this helps us out in that regard. Fardy won't be around that much longer and you'd imagine Dev won't be as important over the next couple of seasons so there'll be plenty of games to go around.
Maybe what you were afraid of happening was aired and Leinster blinked.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

That's a lot of money for a franchise in debt. I would assume that some of the other foreign legion will be offloaded so as to meet their 6+1 quota?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

A lot of meat in that argument.

De Allende has been lucky to have his place for SA for quite a while and has hit a purple patch. Wouldn't be hugely surprising to see him return to par.