Connacht 2019/20/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Connacht 2019/20/21

Post by Twist »

Now if ever a side needed a medical joker or two, it's Connacht. They're facing into Europe with a grand total of f%~k all second rows.

Quinn Roux, Ultan Dillane and Gavin Thornbury are all out. Seán O'Brien is out, and he's primarily a backrow anyway. Bealham, I assume, is also out.

Niall Murray and Cormac Daly are next in line. And congrats if you knew that without looking it up, because neither is even listed as part of the senior squad on their website. Would the IRFU take action if this were another province? I think we all know they would. Munster are probably losing Billy Holland next year and already have RG bloody Snyman lined up. They got Matthewson when Murray was injured, despite already having viable replacements. Connacht have every right to be livid if they don't get some assistance here.
Last edited by Twist on October 20th, 2020, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Connacht 2019/20

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I presume they are trying to get someone? I'm struggling to think of any non Leinster guys who might be available. Thought Muldowney might be an option but he seems to still be involved with Bristol. Maybe Saracens would take the chance to get someone off their wage bill? They say they don't need to get rid of anyone but...
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Doesn't seem as bad as first feared.
Dillane is back and available, Roux is pictured training today and Gallagher/Maksimyw are both avail I believe.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

They signed Will Goddard from downunder, apparently he's IQ.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

He could be potentially a very good signing if he is IQ.
It seems he can play OH as well as FB.
A potential second playmaker.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
bertlim
Beginner

Post by bertlim »

Twist wrote:Now if ever a side needed a medical joker or two, it's Connacht. They're facing into Europe with a grand total of f%~k all second rows.

Quinn Roux, Ultan Dillane and Gavin Thornbury are all out. Seán O'Brien is out, and he's primarily a backrow anyway. Bealham, I assume, is also out.

Niall Murray and Cormac Daly are next in line. And congrats if you knew that without looking it up, because neither is even listed as part of the senior squad on their website. Would the IRFU take action if this were another province? I think we all know they would. Munster are probably losing Billy Holland next year and already have RG bloody Snyman lined up. They got Matthewson when Murray was injured, despite already having viable replacements. Connacht have every right to be livid if they don't get some assistance here.
Cormac Daly is heading off to Rugby United New York for the 2020 MLR season so not a viable long term option.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Yeah, I just mean for the immediate future. Like the next couple of games
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

From the Connacht Clan:

Irish qualified 20 yr old Australian utility back Will Goddard has joined on a short-term contract to cover TOH. Hotshot schoolboy 10, Brumbies academy, played most of his club rugby in the back 3 in Oz, was on the longlist for the Aussie u20 team but didn't make it. Not added to the EPCR squad so more on trial than anything else it would seem.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

sunshiner1 wrote:From the Connacht Clan:

Irish qualified 20 yr old Australian utility back Will Goddard has joined on a short-term contract to cover TOH. Hotshot schoolboy 10, Brumbies academy, played most of his club rugby in the back 3 in Oz, was on the longlist for the Aussie u20 team but didn't make it. Not added to the EPCR squad so more on trial than anything else it would seem.
He's got a good coach to learn from and to be judged by.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Apparently it's until the end of the year so he's got time to settle in and make an impression.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Con v Mont just kicked off.
Oops already.
In other news some people's favourite commentary team are in action again.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

What a turnaround from Connacht! Montpellier muscled them out of it for 35mins.
Fiona is better today and Ryle, excellent as always.
Carts havin a mare.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Leinsterimp
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterimp »

Tom Daly having a good game
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Great win for Connacht.
Fair play to Buckley, playing the full 80!
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Marmion has signed a 3 year extension. I'd say they're happy with that as it will bring him up to 30. There was talk of him going to England I think over the past few months. Agent doing his job then.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Delighted for both Connacht and Ireland to have kept Marmion.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Tom Daly would be a quality 12 if he was a better defender. Too often he seems to misread where the ball is going and comes up leaving a hole for someone to run into or leaving himself vulnerable to getting stepped.

He's down to start against Toulouse tomorrow, so hopefully he'll have a good game.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Just change your f%~king name Hugh, the clan had a meeting, you're expelled.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:Just change your f%~king name Hugh, the clan had a meeting, you're expelled.
I don't have a clue what you're on about but would like to add that he's awful. He said someones international career was "littered"...what?

Connacht's set piece destroying them here, two scrum penalties and two crooked lineouts in the the first 15 mins. Toulouse definitely aren't firing on all cylinders so they have a chance if they can sort that out.

Dillane is looking really good again.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Just change your f%~king name Hugh, the clan had a meeting, you're expelled.
I don't have a clue what you're on about but would like to add that he's awful. He said someones international career was "littered"...what?

Connacht's set piece destroying them here, two scrum penalties and two crooked lineouts in the the first 15 mins. Toulouse definitely aren't firing on all cylinders so they have a chance if they can sort that out.

Dillane is looking really good again.
Tomah Ramoh
I have Bumbleflex