Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Forum for the discussion of other Teams and Clubs as well as General Rugby chat.

Moderator: moderators

deco
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Munster Rugby - Semi Conscious, the Series Finale??? - 2020/21

Post by deco »

An identical incident from a few years ago caused The Great One to miss a number of matches due to injury. The gnashing of teeth following this weekend's foul is in marked contrast to the mocking of TGO from quarters at the time for apparently feigning injury (he got up to make a tackle).
A sign of the times/ modern attitudes to dangerous fouls or exceptionalism?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofho-CKSXX8
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Yeah, no doubting that was a nasty piece of work from Marcus “I’ll just hide on the wing when I’m not inspecting rucks” Horan.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dombrandt = yellow/red for me. (Kick that sh!t out of the game)
Marler = yellow, deliberate, knew Healy would not be ready, no arms etc etc....
Kleyn = not even a pen
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Having played a lot of rugby in the backrow, and most of that time at 7, I can say that what happened is not uncommon.

If a 10 was spotted to be playing close to the gain line, I would often have been instructed to hit him hard, in the hope that you make him nervous and/or start playing deeper.

This does not make it right, but it is part of the game, and is something that you would likely see happen in any game where the 10 is playing so flat.

However, this is a real shame. Healy was on a real ascendancy, and would definitely have put himself in a position to start some of the bigger games that are coming up over the next few weeks.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

"Stephen Larkham says Munster are hoping Ben Healy will be back from his shoulder injury in two to four weeks."

Looks like JJ will get a good chunk of time over the Xmas derbies then.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Danny Care on the BBC RU Podcast.
We thought we were playing PSG a couple of times with all the rolling around and diving and complaining
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Danny, that's what they do.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

blockhead wrote: December 16th, 2020, 1:16 pm Danny Care on the BBC RU Podcast.
We thought we were playing PSG a couple of times with all the rolling around and diving and complaining

Ah don't stoop to his level. Agreement seems to be a fairly unanimous that they were cheap shots on Healy, and he's going to miss some big games as a result of it.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Never not at it.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Laighin Break wrote: December 16th, 2020, 1:40 pm

Ah don't stoop to his level. Agreement seems to be a fairly unanimous that they were cheap shots on Healy, and he's going to miss some big games as a result of it.
As you can see from one of my earlier posts that I agree on the cheap shots argument.
However,
Danny Cares point is also true, i.e. with regard to the rolling, diving and complaining.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

blockhead wrote: December 16th, 2020, 5:31 pm

As you can see from one of my earlier posts that I agree on the cheap shots argument.
However,
Danny Cares point is also true, i.e. with regard to the rolling, diving and complaining.
Have you any example of when you believe all of these instances of soccerisms occurred?

Not having a go, I just can’t think of any, let alone enough times to warrant talking about.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

OK I know its over 10 years since poor Tom Williams suffered that awful bloody injury to his mouth but I do find it amusing to hear Harlequins moaning about their suspicions (whether real or contrived) that an opposition might possibly engage in a spot of subterfuge in order to deceive the match officials.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

munster#1 wrote: December 17th, 2020, 9:16 am

However,
Have you any example of when you believe all of these instances of soccerisms occurred?

Not having a go, I just can’t think of any, let alone enough times to warrant talking about.

Maybe Care was hinting that Healy was doing it. That's before his injury news came.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

What exactly is Healy's injury?
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Logorrhea wrote: December 17th, 2020, 4:39 pm What exactly is Healy's injury?
"Ben Healy underwent an MRI yesterday following Sunday’s game against Harlequins and will begin rehabilitation for a shoulder injury, ruling him out of this weekend’s encounter."

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/12/15/ ... away/#post

Make of that what you will. Some sort of shoulder sprain or labrum tear would be my [worthless] diagnosis.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

dropkick wrote: December 17th, 2020, 2:48 pm
munster#1 wrote: December 17th, 2020, 9:16 am

However,

Maybe Care was hinting that Healy was doing it. That's before his injury news came.
I was thinking that about Care’s comment alright, but blockhead stated that he agreed with Care, so I was just interested to hear what he/she seen.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

hugonaut wrote: December 17th, 2020, 4:47 pm
Logorrhea wrote: December 17th, 2020, 4:39 pm What exactly is Healy's injury?
"Ben Healy underwent an MRI yesterday following Sunday’s game against Harlequins and will begin rehabilitation for a shoulder injury, ruling him out of this weekend’s encounter."

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/12/15/ ... away/#post

Make of that what you will. Some sort of shoulder sprain or labrum tear would be my [worthless] diagnosis.
This is a real shame.
Word is that young Ross will be starting for Leinster, and it would have been great if Healy were starting for Munster.

Sounds like a snapshot for what we may see over the next decade.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Yeah, I would have liked to see the two of them starting euro matches. Love the idea that in as little as a year they could both be fighting for Irish starter.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

When English sides grumble about us faking injuries, I get worried because it’s often career threatening.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

This is a rout.

Earls having an absolute mare.

Clermont look like a serious side, but Munster unable to slow them down at all and have messed up three restarts.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I’m amazed Munster are still in this.

Don’t seem prepared for Clermonts threats and have been really careless with the ball.